• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I attend my first national team game and it had to be the one where we continue to look like shit. The Red Bulls have spoiled me this season.

I can't believe you guys paid more attention to a meaningless friendly than the playoff game for the Olympic playoff. Get your priorities straight.

People follow the senior squad more than the U-23 squad?! Well, I'll be darned. Maybe people were paying attention to both? FOH.

If we're gunning for max fuckery, we might as well go with someone who's at least seemed to have a net positive on a national program?

515401d1393715802-marcelo-bielsa-3-3-1-3-work-hard-play-hard-marcelo-bielsa.jpg

#BielsaIn

imBask

Banned
Man, I gotta admit I'm getting a little worried at all this Giovinco news. Unsubstantiated rumours of interest from Barcelona, and a half-dozen clubs wanting a winter loan. He better stay right where he's at.

Someone reassure me!

although you guys are our rivals, I really want Giovinco to stay in MLS. He's getting decent money and he's helping the league grow

I'm going to the TFC game tonight but I think the stadium is going to be a ghost town since it overlaps with Game 5 of the Blue Jays ALDS match.

NoRéN

I still have no idea what he was smoking when he came up with that midfield in the last game.

Brek Shea needs to never play for his country again. Yedlin, for all the hype, can't seem to do much else than run fast. His first touch needs work.

This was another game where the team turned to bunker down tactics and hoped to make it to the final whistle. Where are the changes Klinnsman is being paid so much for?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
NoRéN;181667877 said:
Brek Shea needs to never play for his country again. Yedlin, for all the hype, can't seem to do much else than run fast. His first touch needs work.

This was another game where the team turned to bunker down tactics and hoped to make it to the final whistle. Where are the changes Klinnsman is being paid so much for?

Yedlin needs to learn some off-the-ball movement and we desperately need a creative force in the midfield. Bradley is fine, but we're putting too much on him. Let him have a floating box-to-box role and put Ngyuen above him and Dax beneath him. I'm picturing a 5-man midfield, but I have no idea who the fuck we would even put on the wings at this point. Fabian Johnson on one side maybe, but who gets the other?

GRW810

Man, I gotta admit I'm getting a little worried at all this Giovinco news. Unsubstantiated rumours of interest from Barcelona, and a half-dozen clubs wanting a winter loan. He better stay right where he's at.

Someone reassure me!
When you've got players in their mid-20s getting call-ups for Italy based on their form in MLS you best believe clubs around the world are going to be interested.

Dartastic

Yedlin needs to learn some off-the-ball movement and we desperately need a creative force in the midfield. Bradley is fine, but we're putting too much on him. Let him have a floating box-to-box role and put Ngyuen above him and Dax beneath him. I'm picturing a 5-man midfield, but I have no idea who the fuck we would even put on the wings at this point. Fabian Johnson on one side maybe, but who gets the other?
Nagbe. :p

So what you're saying is that you want the Revs as the USMNT.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Sounds good to me. What ever we do going forward, he have to pick a formation and stick with it. No more of this constant swapping formations and player positions. We get a formation, we get everyone in a position and we stick to it. If we don't let them get comfortable how will they ever gel and work as a team?

So something like

-Fab.J - Nyugen - Nagbe-
-------Dax------Bradley------

for the midfield, just as a starting point. Anything to get some consistency.

So what you're saying is that you want the Revs as the USMNT.

Oh you.

Blue Lou

CONCACAF and CONMEBOL have decided that the Olympic playoff should be on a home and away basis, and not one game in Rio de Janeiro as originally planned.

GRW810

I'm posting this feeling like I could jinx things completely but the Red Bulls could wrap up the Shield race to within a marginal mathematically technicality tonight if they win and Dallas lose. I can't see both of those scenarios playing out perfectly but it would certainly take a huge weight off the team's shoulders if they didn't have to win trap games against Philly and Chicago to finish top of the table.

kIdMuScLe

Yedlin should be in the backline with Omar gonzales Tim ream and Matt miazga should have a look too. Yedlin shouldn't be playing midfield at all... Lledget should be on the wing along with mix. Bradley and nguyen should be the center mids. Johansson should be a poaching forward and Morris your striker.

I mean how hard is it to form a good young talented team?

Dartastic

Yedlin should be in the backline with Omar gonzales Tim ream and Matt miazga should have a look too. Yedlin shouldn't be playing midfield at all... Lledget should be on the wing along with mix. Bradley and nguyen should be the center mids. Johansson should be a poaching forward and Morris your striker.

Personally I don't think Mix should be getting a call.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

It's only hard if you refuse to call people up.

Azuran

Banned
What a night. Jays come back to win the series and now this.

I'll never forget October 14, 2015 for the rest of my life. These past 5 hours have been amazing.

FINALLY! It's going to take some time to sink in, but holy shit, we're finally in the playoffs. Two years ago, we won 6 games. We've finally done it!

Now we just need a home game!

Top Bottom