• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
why would you be cursed again when you have always been cursed

We broke the Curse of Caricola when we won the Supporter's Shield back with Petke. We won it again so that curse is dead and buried, but now we've apparently got another one. Same shit two years in a row, goddamn.

Damn, you guys really are cleaning house. If you're able to put together a real backline the rest of the league will be in deep shit.
We should have some more consistency in the backline next year. Mark Bloom was hurt all year and he was our right back. Maybe we make a smart signing or two in the back to help who we have already.

It's a good thing the FO realizes the problems are in the back, not the front.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
We should have some more consistency in the backline next year. Mark Bloom was hurt all year and he was our right back. Maybe we make a smart signing or two in the back to help who we have already.

It's a good thing the FO realizes the problems are in the back, not the front.

You guys can't really do anything to improve the front except maybe move to 3 up top. Gio, Jozy and Herc all up there at the same time would cause any backline all sorts of problems. I'd love to see what you guys would look like in a 4-3-3.

shoplifter

We broke the Curse of Caricola when we won the Supporter's Shield back with Petke. We won it again so that curse is dead and buried, but now we've apparently got another one. Same shit two years in a row, goddamn.

I wouldn't get too worked up about it. We won it two years in a row and only got one Cup out of it. It sucks, but it's totally normal in this league to win the shield and flame out.

You guys can't really do anything to improve the front except maybe move to 3 up top. Gio, Jozy and Herc all up there at the same time would cause any backline all sorts of problems. I'd love to see what you guys would look like in a 4-3-3.
We are only learning what it's like to win games. I mean, we used to blow it up every year and restart. We did that for like 8 years. So don't rule out dumb moves. I just feel confident that they know not to now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I wouldn't get too worked up about it. We won it two years in a row and only got one Cup out of it. It sucks, but it's totally normal in this league to win the shield and flame out.

Yea I know, still a little salty over that post though. I'll get over it in a few days. :lol

We are only learning what it's like to win games. I mean, we used to blow it up every year and restart. We did that for like 8 years. So don't rule out dumb moves. I just feel confident that they know not to now.

I'm honestly happy for you guys and hope you don't do anything dumb like sell Gio for a billion dollars or whatever else keeps you all up at night.

shoplifter

What's even worse is how far offside BWP was on that non-goal. Had it counted, it'd have been a travesty.

edit: I mean, the AR didn't flag it. How, I'll never know.

I'm honestly happy for you guys and hope you don't do anything dumb like sell Gio for a billion dollars or whatever else keeps you all up at night.
It's always a worry, but MLSE is owned by two of our biggest telecoms. There's no need to cash in on a big payday for the club, they need results.

And there's a major announcement by TFC tomorrow morning? Interesting. Link has a live stream and everything.

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2015/12/01/major-announcement-set-dec-2nd-11am

Edit again: Looks like it might be an MVP announcement for Giovinco, according to a tweet.

Mully

What's the point? We're all going to die at some point. Might as well feel like I'm constantly dying by rooting for the Metro.

shoplifter

snRgJAT.png

edit: holy shit that was enormous

Meier

Wow, I thought the Sounders elimination was rough. I actually feel a little better after watching that.

Until I saw Men In Blazers last night, I didn't realize NYRB had scored their first goal only a minute or so before this video started. That would have been an absolutely incredible ending.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Until I saw Men In Blazers last night, I didn't realize NYRB had scored their first goal only a minute or so before this video started. That would have been an absolutely incredible ending.

It's why we've been taking it so hard, we almost had a miracle finish.

Though, had the team not messed up leg 1 so bad and gotten an away goal a 1-0 finish would have been enough.

Mully

I had a car picked out before the game that I would tip over if we won. It was picked out. A beat up '94 Taurus. Right next to it was a couch. That couch would have likely been on fire too.

Metro has never been closer to having a proper celebration riot.

It's why we've been taking it so hard, we almost had a miracle finish.

Though, had the team not messed up leg 1 so bad and gotten an away goal a 1-0 finish would have been enough.

Imagine if they just kept it at 1-0 in Columbus and didn't ball watch their second goal? Anything could've happened in extras.

Oh well. Still a fantastic season but all the what if scenarios still make me sad. :'(

Mully

I think most will be back under new contracts. SWP will likely be back. Same goes for Perinelle, Stolz, Sanchez, and Wallace.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think most will be back under new contracts. SWP will likely be back. Same goes for Perinelle, Stolz, Sanchez, and Wallace.

I expect this too, but I still expect some fuckery here. It wouldn't be the offseason if we didn't do something that made no sense.

This is pretty standard practice for every team in the off season. Contracts need to be renegotiated to stay under the cap. As long as there aren't any key players that are part of the core of your team, I wouldn't worry about it.

Dartastic

Valeri has a hero card in Fifa's Ultimate Team. I don't even play Ultimate team that much, but it makes me sad that I probably won't ever have enough credits to afford him. ;-;

Top Bottom