• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Meier

Interesting Facebook comment on a Fox Soccer story about Mix's IG post:

The "...brought in a bunch of these foreign guys is just not something I believe in. Wholeheartedly, I don’t believe in it. I don’t believe it in my heart.” comment makes her sound just like the people who are against her getting married to her wife..

Cystm

That's a fair assessment. Really disappointed that she would have that point of view. I am okay with her saying that Klinsy should be sacked, but the comment about bringing in "foreign guys"
Pssst, that's us too
is just...Fuck you mean so much to people, needing someone to look up to, Like, good you retired and can be a bit more free with your choice of words, but damn, not like this.

The San Antonio City Council unanimously approved the joint purchase of Toyota Field on Thursday in hopes of bringing a Major League Soccer franchise to the city.

$21 million for the stadium. I am all for it, accept for the name.

Toyota Park, Toyota Stadium, and then potentially adding Toyota Field?

Hopefully if it goes in that direction they are able to get another sponsor.

Oh, and I thought you would appreciate this, Dart:

Portland wins MLS Cup. Everyone goes nuts.

Mory Dunz

So what does Wambach think about Leroux?

Or is it not her problem anymore since she's retired?

obviously some of these guys weren't born/raised in the US, but what matters is how much they really want to be apart of the team and represent the nation. With Chandler, it's been questionable at times (he kinda stinks anyway lol...). With guys like mix, and Boyd, etc, they seem fully invested imo. There was a video years ago when the USMNT when Boyd was in D.C. for seemingly the first time, and he seemed genuinely excited and interested in the history of the US, taking pictures everywhere as well. And I think him or Brooks had some patriotic-type comments a year ago. I forget what was said. I think it was brooks though.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Mourinho sacked.

Thank you NYRB II for getting it started.

RvU7jPC.gif

In other news, we've signed 4 academy players to Homegrown Player deals, increasing our total to 9. We signed Virginia attacking midfielder Derrick Etienne, Georgetown teammates Brandon Allen (forward) and Alex Muyl (winger/forward), as well as Maryland central midfielder Mael Corboz.

I love how we're building from within, especially with Etienne getting signed.

Dartastic

Oh, and I thought you would appreciate this, Dart:

Portland wins MLS Cup. Everyone goes nuts.
Huh. Haven't seen that yet. I'll have to watch it later. :)

Will Johnson to TFC is official. Toronto is getting a quality player, on and off the field. Earlier this year when he was still injured he traveled with the team to the first Seattle away game, came to the away supporters section and sat in the Army with us. Such a great guy. He'll be missed.

They announced at the USWNT-China game here in New Orleans that 32,950 people showed up, and that figure's also been reported by NOLA.com. According to US Soccer's website, that's the highest home game attendance since since the 1999 World Cup, save for a single game in 2003.

See?? There are soccer fans here!

Some wily investor needs to start a USL side here in the hopes of following Orlando's path to MLS. A fourth team in California won't do as much for tv ratings and merchandising as filling in some of the team-less areas of the country.

Edit:

Top comment on that nola.com article is ripping into the Times for its piss-poor coverage of the event. Though it seems like it was almost completely ignored by all local media prior to the event. Then after the game everyone was like "that many people cared??"

If you're not the Tigers or Saints, news networks don't give a shit about you here. Even when those teams are having absolutely terrible seasons.

Orlando is trying to trade for Joe Bendik.

*Why.jpg*

Good for TFC. Hopefully they can get a keeper that doesn't hold the team back.

We had declined options on both Bendik and Konopka, so I think he'd be in the re-entry draft if they don't get him via trade. Also, good riddance to both of them.

We should shop around for a new keeper (hopefully not Tally Hall) and have Quillan Roberts as the backup, with Bono in with TFC II.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Mostly it's been the behind the scenes stuff. None of the fans are happy with anything that has happened since the season ended really.

That's a shame, they did really well for their first year. With some good moves they would snatch up a playoff spot.

If you believe him, the Revs lowballed the shit out of Jermaine Jones

Revs pls

He's injury prone and he's suspended for like 20% of the regular season next year. I don't blame our FO for only offering 600k

I'd rather the money be spent on a different player. There were rumors of us going after Tiote from Newcastle.

We need a CB and a DM really badly. Without Jones we'll have three DP spots open. I have every reason to be cynical enough to expect nothing but I'm hoping we atleast add two DPs and maybe some loan deals from Sporting

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
He's injury prone and he's suspended for like 20% of the regular season next year. I don't blame our FO for only offering 600k

I'd rather the money be spent on a different player. There were rumors of us going after Tiote from Newcastle.

We need a CB and a DM really badly. Without Jones we'll have three DP spots open. I have every reason to be cynical enough to expect nothing but I'm hoping we atleast add two DPs and maybe some loan deals from Sporting

Given your team's history with DP's I somehow doubt you'll be picking any up.

Steven Goff ‏@SoccerInsider 2m2 minutes ago
MLS opening day, March 6
NYRB v TOR
ORL v RSL
CHI v NYC
DAL v PHL
HOU v NE
SJ v COLO
POR v COLU
VAN v MON
SEA v SKC
LA v DC

opening day schedule

dat Cup rematch already

Need a DM really badly, don't want to consider Jermaine Jones.

uh

also, adding 2 DPs, lol

opening day schedule

dat Cup rematch already

Need a DM really badly, don't want to consider Jermaine Jones.

uh

also, adding 2 DPs, lol

Yeah I know, I would have offered him more but if we are going to spend 3m on a player it shouldn't be him. He isn't worth it due to the suspension and injuries.

I'd rather have him than nothing but its the offseason and I'll go crazy if I don't atleast convince myself theres something to look forward to.

Dartastic

Aww man, now I'm sad TFC doesn't open at Portland. How are we supposed to get our Cascadia opening win trifecta without that?
I don't like the fact that there's already a cup rematch. It's kinda disrespectful to Columbus fans, as I'm pretty sure we're going to have some sort of cup or ring ceremony or something.

It'll be super awkward for Chris Klute as well. :/

imBask

Banned
Impact Facebook said:
We are currently in contact with Didier Drogba and the Chelsea FC. We are doing everything we can to have him back with the Impact in 2016. We understand his attachment to his former club and his desire to help them. We are willing to accommodate him. But our objective is to have him back for another season, as agreed in his contract. This situation is out of our control. We would like to thank our supporters for their understanding and their patience.

This mofo better not leave us.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Luis Gil signed with Queretaro.

It appears Perry Kitchen is moving on from MLS. Goff says he has interest in Denmark and Germany. Kitchen has been great for us over the years but I think his development has been stagnant this past year.

GRW810

Red Bulls can pretty much field a homegrown XI now. Interesting recruitment policy. Guessing a lot of these young guys will be loaned out to NYRB II.

A move for Ashley Cole makes no sense to me. Not sure why you'd want to spend a lot of cash on a left back.

Carlisle on the extent of the Galaxy reshuffle:
Yes, change is a constant in sports, but of the 11 #lagalaxy players that started the 2014 MLS Cup final, six have departed, inc. entire MF.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
They are raising the price of MLS Live to $80 next season? Fantasy league be damned I think I'm tapping out. Live was really buggy for me last season anyways.

I might have to buy it out of necessity. DC United switched to a channel I don't have access to. My only hope is that the locally owned Sinclair channel might broadcast the games.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
They are raising the price of MLS Live to $80 next season? Fantasy league be damned I think I'm tapping out. Live was really buggy for me last season anyways.

I remember hearing early on that the latest ESPN deal was going to get all the games streaming on ESPN3. guess they arent ready to give up that $$ yet

I love MLS Live, and I'm glad it's sticking around (especially in Canada). Considering I tend to watch almost every MLS match I can and spend entire weekends watching, yeah, it's worth it.

Anyone been paying attention to these jersey leaks?

DC and Portland have been getting some peeks.

imBask

Banned
On me dit qu'il est presque garanti que Drogba ne jouera pas avec l'Impact en 2016. #IMFC activement à la recherche d'un attaquant #RDS

translation : pretty much guaranteed that Drogba is done in Montreal

Hurting a growing league and a growing team big time with his dirty selfishness, I hope he'll get fired real quick in Chelsea

Top Bottom