• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

That jersey... :X

I haven't received my season tickets yet. I'm getting nervous.

Did you get your Red Membership package yet?

When I went to pick up mine from that first time orientation they had this past weekend, they actually mailed my Dad's out (he got season tickets too) and he got it today.

If you didn't get it yet, I'd call your fan rep.

Heh, my Quakes season tickets arrived in a lunchbox. Good stuff.

Is anyone interested in doing team previews before the season starts? I might put one together for the Quakes tomorrow: how last season went, strengths and weaknesses, projected starting lineup, best case/worst case scenario, key players, etc...

Mully

That jersey... :X

Did you get your Red Membership package yet?

When I went to pick up mine from that first time orientation they had this past weekend, they actually mailed my Dad's out (he got season tickets too) and he got it today.

If you didn't get it yet, I'd call your fan rep.

I got them yesterday. I was getting nervous.

Meier

Look at Sunil, lol. Looks like he just learned his dog died but he has to force a smile.

CcKrcZpWIAEBBE1.jpg:large

Is anyone interested in doing team previews before the season starts? I might put one together for the Quakes tomorrow: how last season went, strengths and weaknesses, projected starting lineup, best case/worst case scenario, key players, etc...

As promised. Don't say I didn't warn ya:

San Jose Earthquakes

Last Season
The Quakes opened their new stadium and finished 2015 with a record of 13W, 8D, 13L. They scored 41 goals and allowed 39 against. They finished 7th in the Western Conference and were 4 points out of the playoffs.

Offseason moves
The biggest offseason move involves the return of attacking midfielder Simon Dawkins after a couple lackluster seasons in England. They also improved the depth of the team by picking up Barrett, Imperiale, Quintero, and a few lower draft picks.

Strengths
- Experience in the backline and a rapidly improving young goalkeeper in Bingham
- The overall depth was much improved in the offseason with a few aquisitions and players returning from injury including DP and highest paid player Innocent Emeghara​

Weaknesses
- The backline tends to be somewhat fragile and injury prone due to their age
- A lack of scoring punch from players other than Wondolowski
Projected Starting Lineup
--------------Bingham-------------
Wynne--Bernardez--Goodson--Francis
------------Godoy--Alashe---------
Quintero--------------------Dawkins
---------Wondo---Amerikwa----------

Off the bench options: Innocent, Perez Garcia, Salinas, Barrett, Stewart, Innocent, Cato, Imperiale, Thompson

Best Case / Worst Case Scenario
Best Case scenario is a relatively injury free season from a team that finds a way to score more goals, and the Quakes finish 3rd in the Western Conference and make a run before getting knocked out in the playoffs. Worst Case scenario is a team that suffers from numerous injuries coupled with international absences. There's never a supplemental scorer to ease the burden on Wondo, and they finish 8th in the West.

Please writeup a preview for your team if you have a chance. I'm curious what the other squads are up to. :p

Mully

The crest is okay. The jersey is horrible. USSF should focus on creating a jersey similar to what Brazil has. They should have a persistent design that allows for slight alterations year after year.

On Howard, it's gonna happen. He lost his starting job and the Rapids are willing to give him a ton of money to go out to pasture slightly gracefully.

Finally Metro might have something extremely special with Veron. The dude has been killing it in the preseason and had brief moments of perfection during the 2015 season after joining the team at the end of regular season.

Cystm

So apparently there is normal fantasy style MLS where you draft and have waivers n all that. Anyone interested in giving it a shot as well? I have it set for 10 teams at the moment and draft sometime later this week if possible. Also can choose between what I assume is a classic Rotisserie style and Head-To-Head. Time and style isnt set in stone so let me know if you join and what you can do. As long as it's done before sunday.

I created a private neogaf league here: http://app.draftmls.com/league/joining/TDMyc6rG2opEg3QTu quote for password

I've been waiting for this for literally weeks. Apparently this is the new secondary for TFC:

I like it. Reminds me a bit of the Fire's shirts, too, and I'm glad the blue isn't too involved.

Disappointed the crest isn't like my avatar, though.

Got a package today
Me too! I couldn't get the google cardboard to work properly, but the scarf is nice and they did a good job with it overall.

Their official site: http://www.hendricksbaseball.org/

The little league must have ripped off the leaked logo when it was just speculation. Right?
I would think so, but who knows. The leak predates the little league logo, so I'm not sure how it would've happened in the other direction.

Cystm

Dan Kennedy is out of his element. Preseason, but he looks like shit. Sebastian Lletget again is the best player out there for LA.

Cystm

"Nothing like a good thrashing to kick off your campaign" said all MLS teams participating in the CCL.

Garber won't budge though.

Cystm

There'll Be a Hot Time in the Old Town This Season.

Chicago Fire

Last Season
The worst team in the entire league. So ...Hahahahahahahaha
*sobs uncontrollably*
Our defense was a joke, Our midfield uninspiring, and our attack held back greatly by the former. We did pick up some good players in David Accam and Gilberto and I am looking forward to what they can produce in a full season.​

Offseason moves

This hurt more than anything over the last half-decade of Hauptmann's run at Chicago.

Big boy trades aside, we have almost completely revamped the club, gutting the coaching staff and administration staff. Nelson Rodriguez ran Chivas USA during it's last season on the leagues behalf. That ended well. He was also apart of U.S. Soccer's administration staff and advised junior and senior squads. I am not to sure anyone could've stopped the hemorrhaging that was happening at Chivas, least of all in a single year, but Rodriquez has already shown that he intends to build a solid program at Chicago. Our biggest change is bringing in Veljko Paunovic. Pauno is a successful coach with a fresh outlook for the club and has the guys playing better than I've seen them in too long. He's been pushing a high press attack and it's worked out very well this preseason, with the Fire winning 4 straight and taking Portland's Simple Invitational.

Brandon Vincent is a very nice pick up and I would love for him to develop in Chicago and do well in the senior USMNT. We've completely revamped the back line with a few veterans in Joao Meira and Michael Harrington, but have also brought in young Dutch defender Johan Kappelhof.

My favourite pick up is the one they call John Goossens: https://youtu.be/xYtwKDHG_Yg

Strengths
The Pope touched a Chicago Fire soccer ball

cf97 win the league confirmed.
Weaknesses
-Preseason went well, but this club is still very new to one another and our defense is still not looking to be where we want it. We have decent depth, but again so many new players/staff/administration are going to take some time to gel.

Projected Starting Lineup
----------------------Johnson-----------------------

Harrington--Campbell--Kappelhof--Vincent

-----------------Polster----Meira-------------------

-------Gilberto------Goose------Accam---------

--------------------Igboananike--------------------​

Best Case / Worst Case Scenario

The Pope watches every game and prays for Chicago to win the league
. We put up a winning record and make it deep into the playoffs. / Worst case, Nelson Rodriquez and Hauptmann sink this club even further and we become the next Chivas USA.​

Edit: Throwing this in here: https://youtu.be/NIMXtw1wBqY

Top Bottom