• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pygehd #gettingold #nochance

are you a competitor? I feel you have been going after Brian and his site a few times. I appreciate any chance to get some rares. If you don't like the idea I dont see why you dont just ignore it. Then again I replied to your criticism so I guess I am no better ha

-Horizon-

xaB865b.jpg

haha

jadedm17

Best Buy email :
Subject: Craig, are you still interested in some great tech?
Body : How about another look? Looks like you had your eye on something on bestbuy.com.
Nintendo Amiibo figure Charizard
Customers also like (other wave 4 amibos)
*click* Yup still out of stock, thanks automated email and mockingly titled click button "take another look"

are you a competitor? I feel you have been going after Brian and his site a few times. I appreciate any chance to get some rares. If you don't like the idea I dont see why you dont just ignore it. Then again I replied to your criticism so I guess I am no better ha

yes i am a competitor lol. haven't you seen my countless posts with my website and special graphics listing my products throughout this thread haha.

don't get me wrong, i am glad people here have another avenue of obtaining these amiibo but it seems like pygehd is handling it pretty haphazardly. some people browsing this thread simply think they can view the website at a certain time and get their orders in, now they have to join a line group and some people haven't had a response to get into the group. Could have reached a cut off point already.

Also, there may be hidden product pages and/or password protected. People just don't have all the info in front of them and are going to be disappointed.

From what I saw Brian talking about earlier today they are going to send out links via LINE chat... the unfortunate thing is I've been requesting to join the LINE group for a few days with no luck. :(

I heard that there's going to be a special room that you have ask Brian to join, sounds like you're joining the wrong one (for PygeHD). I asked him to add me and he said he'd add me "ASAP" but I still haven't been added to this group yet.

I don't know how this works, but I'm cancelling my Toad Amiibo on Amazon exactly two minutes after I post this if somebody has quick F5.

Good luck.

G0523

Those four guys/gals struck gold. I wonder how they happened upon that page.

Does anyone know how may Lucarios they ended up selling through their eBay page?

Not sure but didn't they have to cancel a bunch of them because they were put up on their eBay site by mistake?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Those four guys/gals struck gold. I wonder how they happened upon that page.

Does anyone know how may Lucarios they ended up selling through their eBay page?

Two separate listings each sold 1000+ I believe. This is the only page I have from that.

JuiMisp.png

Lunarian

Neo Member
I lurk these forums every now and then. Anyone find a place I can score a Jigglypuff and Greninja without having to spend over $30.00? Any Japan shops? Europe? Australlia? :(

As great as it is, know that there are 10-20 pre-orders for each one going up tonight. It isn't Amazon or something.

Itll be hilarious and cruel if some sadistic Amazon mod who has his finger over the button to release the preorders of Wave 4 has been waiting this whole time for 10 oclock tonight.

G0523

I lurk these forums every now and then. Anyone find a place I can score a Jigglypuff and Greninja without having to spend over $30.00? Any Japan shops? Europe? Australia? :(

A lot of people are going on this site called PygeHD.com where there will be preorders available starting tonight at 10pm EST for Jigglypuff and Greninja. If you buy more than 1 amiibo the shipping costs make them less than $25 each.

Lunarian

Neo Member
Yeah I saw that. I thought EU and AU always got SUPER stocked with amiibo and NEVER had shortages of any though. I figure it will be the same with this wave TBH. I probably will just have to wait for the actual release day.

Not sure but didn't they have to cancel a bunch of them because they were put up on their eBay site by mistake?
I never heard about that but I ordered mine from there really late when most people thought that it was some kind of sick joke from TRU and mine shipped right when wave 3 released. I was totally shocked because I'd already given up hope and ordered one from Amazon.fr.
Two separate listings each sold 1000+ I believe. This is the only page I have from that.

JuiMisp.png
Thanks, I wonder if there's any chance they'll have that many Greninja to put up at some point. I seem to remember placing my preorder way after they sold out at TRU.

Cappa

Banned
the one thing they keep pointing out is "Our Stores" at the bottom of pygehd.com shows a map of Florida with Home Depot locations.

kirby_fox

Banned
According to amiibo inquirer, Jigglypuff is no longer receiving preorders. Only in-store on day of launch orders. Wave 4 is looking worse and worse. How many of you started in 2015, rather than 2014?

Curious how many have joined in late.

Cappa

Banned
According to amiibo inquirer, Jigglypuff is no longer receiving preorders. Only in-store on day of launch orders. Wave 4 is looking worse and worse. How many of you started in 2015, rather than 2014?

raises hand.. my first amiibo was a Lucario and I had no idea if at the time he was rare or not.....

Now besides the new wave the ones I'm missing are all the rares.

King Dede, Shulk, Rosalina, Little Mac, Captain Falcon and Villager.

The rest I basically paid retail price for with the exception of Pit, not bad for someone who started late.

Ryfferr

Yeah I saw that. I thought EU and AU always got SUPER stocked with amiibo and NEVER had shortages of any though. I figure it will be the same with this wave TBH. I probably will just have to wait for the actual release day.

AU region (+NZ) have abysmal amiibo stock.

We just have better preorder opportunities which takes at least weeks to sell out.

I don't think anyone from Wave 5/6 has sold out yet.

I bought my first Amiibo (SSB Mario) the week before I got my n3DSXL because i wanted one to screw around with and nest the NFC on it.

Oh man, if i had only known then....

I'm now 10 amiibos in, with most of wave 4 and Splatoon on preorder.

GeekComplex

Neo Member

This wave.
I'd held out, but caught the Direct and realized how quickly the hype was building.
I wasn't going to collect them at all, but got 2 as a birthday gift, and since then it's been a downward spiral or feeling like I need amiibo I really only have a passing interest in.
Admittedly, it was the fact Falcon and WFT were so damned hard to find that put me off, as they were my early "Wants" but eventually caved because of damned Pac-Man...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom