• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
"[–]PygeHDFrappucino 1 point 22 hours ago
Guys, this is the owner of the site. I just wanted to say we are not an indo scam site. I love Indonesia but that ain't me. Second we are a REAL SITE, lmao. I feel silly having to say this. We will be taking preorders from reddit first above neogaf. I'm done with those guys, they banned me for trying to offer them a value!
Anyways, email or Skype me and I'm more than willing to help you in anyway possible :)"

Did i miss drama? That was taken from this thread:

Shauni

According to amiibo inquirer, Jigglypuff is no longer receiving preorders. Only in-store on day of launch orders. Wave 4 is looking worse and worse. How many of you started in 2015, rather than 2014?

Curious how many have joined in late.

Haven't all the preorder for the retailer exclusives gone out fast, though? Not to downplay the bad preorder situation of Wave 4 in general or anything, but I seem to recall pre-ordering any of the retailer exclusives (outside Shulk) was very stressful. Shulk and Ness are the only retailer exclusives I've went after.

Cappa

Banned
Guys, this is the owner of the site. I just wanted to say we are not an indo scam site. I love Indonesia but that ain't me. Second we are a REAL SITE, lmao. I feel silly having to say this. We will be taking preorders from reddit first above neogaf. I'm done with those guys, they banned me for trying to offer them a value!
Anyways, email or Skype me and I'm more than willing to help you in anyway possible :)"

where do you see that post?

also he's not banned.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=448678

So I gotta call Gamestop about my Ness pre-order cuz my payment card didn't go through for some reason. If my Ness gets cancelled..........

Cappa

Banned
Its towards the end of the page i linked, shows it was posted 22 hours ago. Its in this thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/31sy0s/pygehd_having_preorders_for_wave_5_shulk/

it's someone posting as him i'm sure...... he's not banned on GAF.

lol @ this

PygeHDFrappucino 2 points 22 hours ago*

We are an international company to better suit the needs of your synergistic markets. So yes, one agent is based of out of Home Depot.
We have agents all over the world so that you can best receive your products in a dynamic market. Like Bruce Lee always said, water is the strongest force because it can adapt and change to suit current evolving market trends.
Just as a heads up there is currently a fired agent up above trying to pretend to be me. He was fired for lewd conduct with clients through Skype. Yeah, not appropriate. One was a girl from New Zealand that he sent photos of his genitals to. So obviously he was let go because as a modern company we do not tolerate this kind of behavior. We currently suspect he is the one who linked to the preorder page early out of spite. We say bring it on!!

SaviourMK2

That's a fake. Real Fraps reddit username us just frappuchino

Parshias7

Do you want to know the ultimate sign that the amiibo situation has gotten a million times worse over time? I have a Villager amiibo, one of the rarest amiibos out there. You want to know how I got it? By pre-ordering it off Amazon literally two days before it came out.

Gunsmithx

According to amiibo inquirer, Jigglypuff is no longer receiving preorders. Only in-store on day of launch orders. Wave 4 is looking worse and worse. How many of you started in 2015, rather than 2014?

I got a couple early but was very irritated by stuff like marth and villager. With the last direct I finally said screw it, not sure I'm in a better place now lol. So many amiibos to make up for.

je_ssi e

Preordered my first two off of Amazon a few days before they came out back in November.
Kirby and Villager.

I've gotten everyone I've wanted thus far, paying base price.
Except for a few, which were gifts. Those being Dedede, Meta, Toon Link & Pikachu.

I've missed both my chances for Jiggy.

Is it time to cry yet?
Or, when will AmiAmi put up preorders for her!?!?

AmiAmi.. plz.

So I jumped the gun and preordered Inkling Boy and Girl from Shopto and the Green Inkling from Amazon.co.jp. Hoping shopto is reliable and can pull through, JP Amazon I had to go through a proxy, but I might as well just group them with another one of my orders.

Crossing my fingers for Amazon US to put the three pack up within the coming weeks too.

Do you want to know the ultimate sign that the amiibo situation has gotten a million times worse over time? I have a Villager amiibo, one of the rarest amiibos out there. You want to know how I got it? By pre-ordering it off Amazon literally two days before it came out.

Those were simpler times then... it makes me nostalgic just thinking about Novemeber 2014.

I can remember one poster saying that he'd get his Amiibo when they were 10 for $1 in the Gamestop bargain bin. Oh what times :D

rjinaz

Its towards the end of the page i linked, shows it was posted 22 hours ago. Its in this thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/31sy0s/pygehd_having_preorders_for_wave_5_shulk/

That's by a fake user. This is real and in the same thread

Anyways, email or Skype me and I'm more than willing to help you in anyway possible :)

Edit: Beaten. Personally I think all the advertisements are too much and I don't personally plan on ordering because I'm doubtful things will work out. But nonetheless, I think the guy is at least sincere in trying to get people amiibo (with a little profit and publicity on the side)

Ulysses 31

Started a few weeks ago and so far manager to get complete wave 1 to 3 and all wave 4, splatoon and green and blue yarn yoshi's pre-ordered.

RootCause

Those were simpler times then... it makes me nostalgic just thinking about Novemeber 2014.

I can remember one poster saying that he'd get his Amiibo when they were 10 for $1 in the Gamestop bargain bin. Oh what times :D
I knew they would be a hit, but that didn't stop me from canceling all of my wave 1 preorders. Luckly I was able to find them all a week later. Never again will I cancel them miibo.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, enough joking around.

PygeHD was created by Frap to give AmiigoGAF the chance to import rare amiibo at decent prices fairly. However, with the site headed toward becoming a larger retail store, and the fact that members of AmiiboGAF have already had bad experiences, I can't just sit back and let him continue to advertise here. Quite frankly, I'm amazed he hasn't been banned yet.

It is painfully obvious that Frap will not be able to cover the vast demand of orders when his orders go live. He already has a massive 50 order backlog, and I highly doubt he can provide for the many people he's promised in this thread. Frap was earnest in his aspirations, and he's not a bad guy by any means, but he has earned the trust of a lot of people in AmiiboGAF, and a lot of people are going to hold him accountable.

I do not have any authority on GAF, but I implore you to please use your own discretion if you even consider purchasing from it. If you have any further PygeHD business, take it up with Frap himself. Please do not post it in this thread anymore.

LostAnkh

If Target is handling Jiggly like they did with Rosalina, thank goodness. They did great with handling Rosalina when she was released, at least from my experience. Here's hoping everyone can put worries aside with Jiggly, although I can't be so sure with Lucina and Robin.

As for my amiibo collecting origins, I started as soon as they came out.

kirby_fox

Banned
Haven't all the preorder for the retailer exclusives gone out fast, though? Not to downplay the bad preorder situation of Wave 4 in general or anything, but I seem to recall pre-ordering any of the retailer exclusives (outside Shulk) was very stressful. Shulk and Ness are the only retailer exclusives I've went after.

I was fairly late to order some of the exclusives. Meta Knight I didn't touch for a couple days, Shulk I waited quite awhile too. Rosie I never got a chance. Lucario I had an order in a couple days after it went up too, and then wound up with a second one on order because they went and cancelled the first.

The only one that sold out in 30 minutes was Rosalina, and it was the last one to get a preorder status if I remember right.

From the initial responses to my question, it seems stock has stayed relatively the same as demand has steadily increased.

PygeHD was created by Frap to give AmiigoGAF the chance to import rare amiibo at decent prices fairly. However, with the site headed toward becoming a larger retail store, and the fact that members of AmiiboGAF have already had bad experiences, I can't just sit back and let him continue to advertise here. Quite frankly, I'm amazed he hasn't been banned yet.

It is painfully obvious that Frap will not be able to cover the vast demand of orders when his orders go live. He already has a massive 50 order backlog, and I highly doubt he can provide for the many people he's promised in this thread. Frap was earnest in his aspirations, and he's not a bad guy by any means, but he has earned the trust of a lot of people in AmiiboGAF, and a lot of people are going to hold him accountable.

I do not have any authority on GAF, but I implore you to please use your own discretion if you even consider purchasing from it. If you have any further PygeHD business, take it up with Frap himself. Please do not post it in this thread anymore.

Seconding this, please private message me or contact me for PygeHD details. Add me back Diggeh, add me back.

crying-waterfalls.gif

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
I await for feed back from memebers that do purchase amiibos from that site. I want it to be true, but current events have lead me to believe other wise.............still going to try though lolz

ZeroX03

Banned
AU region (+NZ) have abysmal amiibo stock.

We just have better preorder opportunities which takes at least weeks to sell out.

I don't think anyone from Wave 5/6 has sold out yet.

No sell outs yet. Our pre-orders are so good it doesn't really matter. If you're an amiibo collector you'll get what you want which is better than most countries.

Ryfferr

No sell outs yet. Our pre-orders are so good it doesn't really matter. If you're an amiibo collector you'll get what you want which is better than most countries.

Unless you want one from a past wave. Then you're screwed.
I want Mac.

At least I can rest easy now for the next couple of months.

Then again I don't think anyone from here had to scramble for them. Except when I missed out on Pit but that was because I put it off for so long I missed out on local stock.

ash321

The situation with the Amiibo is like this.
When Nintendo first introduce Amiibo. Nobody give two shit about any of this stuff. Some people only like one or two of their favorite character. Nintendo know this, that's why in the Super smash bros's amiibo series, if the amiibo only have compatibility with one game (i.e Smash) it will be the rare and exclusive one (WFT, Villager, Rosalina, Dark Pit, Pit, ..... ). The one that can be use in more than two games (i.e Mario, Peach, Zelda, Kirby, ... ) become the common. That's why Marth got another print but not WFT and Villager, the next one i predict will have another print is Ike and Shulk ( S.T.E.A.M, Xenoblade 3d)

This is why in the 1st wave, you can pre-order like normal. But everything change after Wave 2, when people know the rare one will be , well, rare. Everyone go out and buy everything. This is, to Nintendo, a good thing because it move all of the unit. And the thing is, Nintendo just want to get the Smash series out of the way ( Too many character ), because they know when the craze die down, everything will go back to normal, and nobody will care about the Smash bros's amiibo line (or new amiibo's line).

Fair enough, thanks for the info

When Nintendo first introduce Amiibo. Nobody give two shit about any of this stuff. Some people only like one or two of their favorite character. Nintendo know this, that's why in the Super smash bros's amiibo series, if the amiibo only have compatibility with one game (i.e Smash) it will be the rare and exclusive one (WFT, Villager, Rosalina, Dark Pit, Pit, ..... ). The one that can be use in more than two games (i.e Mario, Peach, Zelda, Kirby, ... ) become the common. That's why Marth got another print but not WFT and Villager, the next one i predict will have another print is Ike and Shulk ( S.T.E.A.M, Xenoblade 3d)

This is why in the 1st wave, you can pre-order like normal. But everything change after Wave 2, when people know the rare one will be , well, rare. Everyone go out and buy everything. This is, to Nintendo, a good thing because it move all of the unit. And the thing is, Nintendo just want to get the Smash series out of the way ( Too many character ), because they know when the craze die down, everything will go back to normal, and nobody will care about the Smash bros's amiibo line (or new amiibo's line).
You really think the Amiibo craze will die off after the Smash line???

I...wait, Iwata that is ~laughs~

GeekComplex

Neo Member

50 order backlog? Eh, count me out. Sounds like a small business in too deep that's about to dig itself a lot deeper.

If all they do is generic waves of the staple characters from here on out then I could see that but god help us all if they do Pokemon or Animal Crossing lines, there will be blood in the streets!

Was with you until you said nobody will care about the Smash line.

Much less cares about the mess that is Mario Party at this point. It's much more likely to follow the same path as Skylanders, with the exception being that Nintendo will see the drop in interest and believe that they have to reinvent the wheel to get interest back.

newarrior

I actually have access to a game distribution company, and I'd be more than happy to offer orders to people here, but the reality of it is no one knows how many they'll actually get, or when. It's nice to see this company trying to offer deals to gaf members, but I'd guess that they won't be able to fill most orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom