• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I sure hope it's not 12 tomorrow for Amazon... it's the exact time when I won't be free, just like GS last week... :/

Well, I might be able to pull some strings... Or if I get ahold of GS corporate tomorrow. Whichever comes first.

The_Afroman

This is pretty much GAME to us US Amiibo buyers..

4bUV7Ls.gif

*sigh* my order was revoked.. i just can't win with any Wave 4+

spookyfish

I disagree. It's hurting people on the retail level, sure, but Nintendo and every retailer with an exclusive are making MAD profits from amiibo, whether or not they're meeting demand.

But they're leaving money on the table. They're making mad profits but at the same time pissing off their (very small) fan base.
As a company they should want to make more AND keep their customers happy.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
But they're leaving money on the table. They're making mad profits but at the same time pissing off their (very small) fan base.
As a company they should want to make more AND keep their customers happy.

I'm not defending the practice. I think they'd do much better to take pre-orders as, well, pre-orders, and produce that many plus a base stock to ship to retail. As it stands however, I don't agree with the idea that this is in any major way hurting Nintendo, thought it's woken me from my dream-state of pretending Nintendo are somehow better than any other major games company from a supply/demand standpoint. This all reminds me of console launches from the last couple generations, where they KNEW how many to produce, but still opted to put out the number they shipped, which led to sub-$1000 PS3 and Wii consoles being sold.

MK_768

I'm not defending the practice. I think they'd do much better to take pre-orders as, well, pre-orders, and produce that many plus a base stock to ship to retail. As it stands however, I don't agree with the idea that this is in any major way hurting Nintendo, thought it's woken me from my dream-state of pretending Nintendo are somehow better than any other major games company from a supply/demand standpoint. This all reminds me of console launches from the last couple generations, where they KNEW how many to produce, but still opted to put out the number they shipped, which led to sub-$1000 PS3 and Wii consoles being sold.

I think you are right. This isn't hurting Nintendo that much because how many of you brought amiibos you never planned on buying? How many of you got amiibos because you figured they were going to be rare.

I know I did. That's why I have a Captain Flacon amiibo along with maybe 10 other amiibos I didn't want lmao. It creates artificial demand on top of what may already be high demand.

Vidiot

I think you are right. This isn't hurting Nintendo that much because how many of you brought amiibos you never planned on buying? How many of you got amiibos because you figured they were going to be rare.

I know I did. That's why I have a Captain Flacon amiibo along with maybe 10 other amiibos I didn't want lmao. It creates artificial demand on top of what may already be high demand.

I wanted the entire set from the beginning. It's not fair. :(

GeekComplex

Neo Member

It's why I'm so hardcore about this wave. I have to know the system before the amiibo I REALLY want in Wave 5/6/Yarn come, and from the looks of it, that will be about the peak of the madness before the die-hard start to fall off in frustration.
I wanted the entire set from the beginning. It's not fair. :(
It's not that I didn't want them all, I absolutely did, or at least most, but for the most part I'd assumed they'd be readily available eventually. We're now seeing people sell Wave 6 and have not seen any formal announcement of reproduction, so it's easy to jump on things when they look like they're only going to get worse.

Maengun1

Missed the Jigglypuff orders....damn work getting in the way of things!

Ah well, the show up at Target at 5am plan is still in effect. If that fails, I'll just use the money I made working today to import a Purin.

ash321

There is a guy over reddit post all of the Target DPCI for Wave 4 Amiibo.
I think Target will put those up soon.
Here is the list:

Wave 4 Amiibo:
Jigglypuff - 207-00-5033
Charizard - 207-00-5034
Pac-Man - 207-00-5035
Wario - 207-00-5036
Robin - 207-00-5038
Lucina - 207-00-5039
Splatoon Amiibo:
Inkling Girl - 207-00-5040
Inkling Boy - 207-00-5041
Splatoon 3 Pack - 207-00-5042

MK_768

It's why I'm so hardcore about this wave. I have to know the system before the amiibo I REALLY want in Wave 5/6/Yarn come, and from the looks of it, that will be about the peak of the madness before the die-hard start to fall off in frustration.

It's not that I didn't want them all, I absolutely did, or at least most, but for the most part I'd assumed they'd be readily available eventually. We're now seeing people sell Wave 6 and have not seen any formal announcement of reproduction, so it's easy to jump on things when they look like they're only going to get worse.

After wave 2…I promised myself to stay away. Then Nintendo showed off the yarn yoshi. Since then I've preordered a splatoon amiibo, robin, and pac-man. I also brought Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Bowser from the Super Mario series.

Is the gun even part of the set? Promotional stuff has shown it with different weapons.
I'm not too sure? I saw it with the school girl outfit and thought the were associated. I haven't really kept up with Splatoon info but I want these three to support Splatoon and get all the available challenges.

-Horizon-

I'm surprised Palutena and Zero Suit preorders are still available on GAME. Guess if they made it available internationally, it would've been gone in under half an hour.

So damn this community went to shit. Azula making everything about him, and then Brian...Christ.

I shall be the next to go :D
god I hope not lol

I might just call out of work tomorrow just to see if I have a shot at this Amazon rumor. ugh.

I wish we had a better confirmation for when Amazon's orders go live. The 17th? Tomorrow? I don't know.

I'm just in a mood since the Jigglypuff preorders went up on my drive to work (20 minute drive, guys). I guess I'm camping out on release day.

RootCause

I want that bedazzled paint gun. I need it.
My proxy is buying me a green squid though

Target.com is going to put them up while I'm working at Target. graveyard shift woes
I'm just playing with chu. :p

I didn't want the splats, but now I feel like getting them. I hate what Amiibo has done to me.

GeekComplex

Neo Member
Probably not Wario, Charizard, or Pacman. Everything else.

Based on the rate they've gone, this is pretty accurate. They're even getting sold out, but I think it's mostly scalpers grabbing ANY pre-order they can, not an actual demand for those particular Amiibo.
Charizard could be a curve ball...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom