• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

Got my Kirby game coming in the next week or two. Finally I can bust out my Dedede and Meta Knight amiibo.

I'm leaning toward not picking up Splatoon so I'm glad I didn't bother ordering those amiibo.

I need to find somewhere or something to store/display my collection.

I wanted meta knight bad, but then didn't get the Kirby game anyways. It's average with an amazing art style that's kind of wasted with gameplay requiring looking at the gamepad screen the whole time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
He was up AGAIN? I didn't even see him that time. All I see is the $40+ ones. & I'm on both the main product page & the one with multiple listings.

He was up AGAIN? I didn't even see him that time. All I see is the $40+ ones. & I'm on both the main product page & the one with multiple listings.

I'm refreshing the See All Used & New Offers page. It pops in every 5-30 refreshes but keeps saying "Failed to add to cart, try again later"

Feels exactly like that WarioWare game

I'm refreshing the See All Used & New Offers page. It pops in every 5-30 refreshes but keeps saying "Failed to add to cart, try again later"

That's a typical amazon bug, I doubt any extras have been added, other than the couple from when you were first able to get one.

I always seem to miss out on Amazon. Will keep checking or perhaps a kind gaffer that got an extra can help out. ;o

That's a typical amazon bug, I doubt any extras have been added, other than the couple from when you were first able to get one.

I always seem to miss out on Amazon. Will keep checking or perhaps a kind gaffer that got an extra can help out. ;o

I'm aware but I haven't seen a positive refresh result in like 8 minutes even if they're false.

You may want to try refreshing this page instead.

I'm actually switching between the New and All listings pages in the mobile app to refresh.

SaviourMK2

Damn. I add Marth to cart and out of stock!

Well I missed Marth again but hopefully I can snag the Splatoon three pack when the time comes. I signed up for alerts from both Amazon and Walmart but Walmart never notified me they came back in stock when they did so I'm nervous. :(

Ugh, Missed Marth again. Anyone able to get an extra? I'd gladly pay extra plus shipping.

Guys Marth is seriously in and out over here keep mashing F5

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N4ABOXU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Marth has been up for a while but I can never get him added to my cart.

I don't even want Marth, haha.

F5'd about a hundred times :p

Gonna keep trying but if you or anyone is able to get an extra, help a bro out ;o

If anyone got an extra Marth and can help me out, pretty please PM me :)

He just flashed again but I hadn't enabled one-click on my dad's account yet :/

*edit* "not available with 1-click" what the hell are you good for then, Amazon?

:p

60JyF3Q.jpg

Anyone seen this?

So can you actually write data to Amiibo with this? Looks like it would do Skylanders too? Or is it just read only so you can upload your data?

I'm not certain on all the particulars but there's more information in the Reddit thread here
http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/35c8og/this_is_so_weird_amiibo_cheat_device/

Ah yes, I heard about people tinkering with the NFC chips in Skylanders before, now it just looks like its much easier.

Essentially, the program is creating a copy of the save data on the NFC chip. Think of it like copy pasting a file into a new folder.

Unfortunately, this opens up a big can of worms with people potentially copying data on a figure and then just taking it back to the store. (although, this probably wont happen much with Amiibo, since you can't play through the package)

Ibuki

Banned
Looks like the uncommon ones aren't going up on Amazon, I would love to be wrong though. Good thing I've got some trading fodder.

je_ssi e

My Falcon & Mac from AmiAmi just got in!

n_________n

They pack their shit so good.
I love getting stuff from them.

But, man did I impulse buy the fuck out of Mac.
Not even sure that I really wanted him. Had a friend I was going to give him to, but he just went and bought one off of Play-Asia the other day. I think he forgot I said I was gonna send him mine. Haha.

I caved and bid on Lucina and Robin JP bundle on ebay. I won for a total of $66. Not bad but not great either. I need my collection complete and NA wants me to fight tooth and nail for that right.

Bii

I have preorders for Robin and Lucina at Wal-Mart. I just got a new debit card with an updated expiration date (05/19). I already activated the card and the card number is the same...should I be worried that the payment won't go through? It doesn't look like I can update the payment info without having to call them.

Neo Dark

I have preorders for Robin and Lucina at Wal-Mart. I just got a new debit card with an updated expiration date (05/19). I already activated the card and the card number is the same...should I be worried that the payment won't go through? It doesn't look like I can update the payment info without having to call them.
Probably call to make sure?

And ouch to the Marth Amazon situation. Wonder when the other stores will restock

Peagles

Ah yes, I heard about people tinkering with the NFC chips in Skylanders before, now it just looks like its much easier.

Essentially, the program is creating a copy of the save data on the NFC chip. Think of it like copy pasting a file into a new folder.

Unfortunately, this opens up a big can of worms with people potentially copying data on a figure and then just taking it back to the store. (although, this probably wont happen much with Amiibo, since you can't play through the package)

I understand that part (being able to copy the save data from the figure), but will this then let me write my save data to a figure, or not? Read only, or read/write? If you know, that is, thanks :)

Question: These new Marths, are they the old Marfs or are they the reprint Marths?

I don't think anyone knows at this point but it would be a fair assumption to say that these are reprints.

Anybody got an extra US Marth? If anyone does I got some good trades up for him.
I am awful for wanting to buy Marth just to trade him off, I will keep people like you in mind during my evil actions.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I would consider getting a reprint Marth if he looks different. But, since I already have the original, I'm not about to go snag another just yet with so many that missed him the first time. If I come across him randomly in a store maybe... Same with Villager. So very, very different!

ExVicis

Man I hope they're reprints, those ones look way better. Not that it matters though as I haven't been able to snag a preorder of it yet but maybe somehow I will get lucky.

Vylash

ugh, i can only afford one amiibo and i'm torn between inkling girl and lucina, lucina will probably be rare but inkling girl has a bunch of content tied to the game

SaviourMK2

ugh, i can only afford one amiibo and i'm torn between inkling girl and lucina, lucina will probably be rare but inkling girl has a bunch of content tied to the game

Buy the one you know youll use, get the other when it matters later.

Lucina can't stay limited for so long

Buy Inkling Girl, walk away with a moral victory and not a headache

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Buy the one you know youll use, get the other when it matters later.

Buy Inkling Girl, walk away with a moral victory and not a headache

MK what are you doing

SaviourMK2

MK what are you doing

Bringing hope to those who miss the first wave of Lucina D:<

I'm the amiibro everyone needs, but not the one it deserves

Korosenai

I'm still mad that I'll never be able to get a Ness or Greninja. They were my two most wanted amiibos because Earthbound is one of my favorite games ever and Greninja is my favorite gen 6 Pokemon.

D-Stubbs

Marth actually went back up today? Damn. I've been taking a break from Amiibos the last few weeks so I haven't paid much attention to anything. Helps when you got all of Wave 4 preordered. I'm sure business will pick back up again soon.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Marth actually went back up today? Damn. I've been taking a break from Amiibos the last few weeks so I haven't paid much attention to anything. Helps when you got all of Wave 4 preordered. I'm sure business will pick back up again soon.

image.php

Comet

Got tired of just missing Marth on Amazon then a buddy showed me how to get him on eBay for about $25 shipped! (EU version, I didn't care). Now I just need Ike and my Fire Emblem crew is complete

Comet

I'm still mad that I'll never be able to get a Ness or Greninja. They were my two most wanted amiibos because Earthbound is one of my favorite games ever and Greninja is my favorite gen 6 Pokemon.
I have a Greninja from the UK coming in, willing to trade him for an Ike or a couple of others.

Guess I'll sub this thread since haven't been in one in awhile

Hoping for a Splatoon 3-pack via Amazon

They still haven't actually thrown them up for preorder right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom