• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
They still haven't actually thrown them up for preorder right?

YSkNTAx.gif

Neo Dark

https://www.change.org/p/walmart-be...two-seperate-release-dates-for-amiibo-wave-5a

(It will make Wave 5a a less traumatic experience if we get heard by Walmart and Best Buy)

Walmart: Hey Best Buy. Did you see that one petition asking us not to release amiibos on the same day? What day do you want to release you amiibos?
Best Buy: July X. What about you?
Walmart: I was considering July X+1 at midnight.
Best Buy: Oh in that case I'll put mine up at 11:59:59 PM. Just a second before you release yours. Sound good?
Walmart: Sounds good

*insert picture of Walmart and Best Buy interlocked in a manly handshake plus rainbows and unicorns in the background and a sign with giant letters saying "TEAMWORK!"*

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Change we can believe in we can understand that won't change anything

RootCause

Marth was up just now. Tried buying it with one click twice, but nothing. When it finnally went through it was for $50 dollars, canned that mofo in a second. That one click button is not a toy. Lol

Wanted a second marth, seeing how good the reprint looked compared to the og.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Marth was up just now. Tried buying it with one click twice, but nothing. When it finnally went through it was for $50 dollars, canned that mofo in a second. That one click button is not a toy. Lol

Wanted a second marth, seeing how good the reprint looked compared to the og.

It's a pretty genius tactic. Put a rare amiibo "up" for a few seconds and watch people accidentally order one for $50 with Prime.

I have officially decided to quit
ish
the amiibo game. Gonna sell most of my collection, keeping the LoZ, Megaman and Splatoon [might sell the boy when i get it] amiibos. Debating on whether to keep Pacman and Greninja.

No more Pokemon amiibo collecting mentality for me. Only a certain few from here on out. It's been fun, guys.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
ish
the amiibo game. Gonna sell most of my collection, keeping the LoZ, Megaman and Splatoon [might sell the boy when i get it] amiibos. Debating on whether to keep Pacman and Greninja.

No more Pokemon amiibo collecting mentality for me. Only a certain few from here on out. It's been fun, guys.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Vormund

Well just popped into mylocal Target (Australia) and picked up a Charizard, Ike x2, Sheik, and an extra Meta-Knight.

Was a bit surprised, they had about 10 Ike's and Meta-Knights just sitting there.

Regiruler

I feel terrible for everyone who are only just now interested in the splatoon amiibos when the three pack was up on walmart for hours at a time at three separate instances.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Well just popped into mylocal Target (Australia) and picked up a Charizard, Ike x2, Sheik, and an extra Meta-Knight.

Was a bit surprised, they had about 10 Ike's and Meta-Knights just sitting there.

PgyHkWW.png

ZeroX03

Banned

ANZ got an Ike and Meta Knight restock a week ago.

Ugh, this is getting frustrating. I signed up email alerts from Walmart (again) and yet (again) they didn't send me any! I tried putting the Splatoon 3 pack into my cart and it said we just sold out of this item. I'm about to give up completely seeing as how Amazon still hasn't put theirs up. I doubt I'll get that lucky and be able to preorder them from there.

je_ssi e

Just opened the Mac I had that my friend no longer needed that I didn't have any idea what the hell I was going to do with. Haha.

He's still nice.
Glad to have him on the team.

Ordered two others I wasn't sure on, since I keep getting ones I didn't plan for. Got Zelda and Wii-Fit Trainer on the way now.

Most excited for the Non Non Nendoroid I have coming in, though!

n________n

Still waiting on those Amazon orders!
Come onnnnnnnnnnnn!!

I have the Splatoon 3-Pack ordered from Amazon CA getting shipped to a friend just in case (as well as a Lucy for their troubles if they have to send that to me). But, I'd rather order it from Amazon US, along with the other ones I want, which I don't think will be hard to get. Not worried about getting a hold of Wario, Charizard or PAC-MAN.

Just opened the Mac I had that my friend no longer needed that I didn't have any idea what the hell I was going to do with. Haha.

He's still nice.
Glad to have him on the team.

Ordered two others I wasn't sure on, since I keep getting ones I didn't plan for. Got Zelda and Wii-Fit Trainer on the way now.

Most excited for the Non Non Nendoroid I have coming in, though!

n________n

Still waiting on those Amazon orders!
Come onnnnnnnnnnnn!!

I have the Splatoon 3-Pack ordered from Amazon CA getting shipped to a friend just in case (as well as a Lucy for their troubles if they have to send that to me). But, I'd rather order it from Amazon US, along with the other ones I want, which I don't think will be hard to get. Not worried about getting a hold of Wario, Charizard or PAC-MAN.

Hopefully the 3 pack won't be too hard to get, I really want the Squid amiibo, along with Ness and Ganondorf. There are a couple more amiibo I'd like but they haven't been announced yet like Duck Hunt and a possible Zelda line for when Zelda Wii U launches.

je_ssi e

Hopefully the 3 pack won't be too hard to get, I really want the Squid amiibo, along with Ness and Ganondorf. There are a couple more amiibo I'd like but they haven't been announced yet like Duck Hunt and a possible Zelda line for when Zelda Wii U launches.
I'm hoping the same.
I'd rather order it off the US site!

Or, just ordered it off of Walmart on the chances that I've had. Next time I'm not putting everything off until Amazon decides to put shit up if they go this route for future amiibo. I like having stuff to use Prime shipping on, but it's too risky waiting on these things. Even with ones that I'm assuming will be common.

Running out of shelf space! Aha.

Fox Mulder

I feel terrible for everyone who are only just now interested in the splatoon amiibos when the three pack was up on walmart for hours at a time at three separate instances.

If nintendo fucks the splatoon amiibo stock as well, then they'll never get any of this right.

Jergingha

Neo Member
ish

I'll buy the Pac Man and Greninja off of you if you don't want them.

I'm hoping the same.
I'd rather order it off the US site!

Or, just ordered it off of Walmart on the chances that I've had. Next time I'm not putting everything off until Amazon decides to put shit up if they go this route for future amiibo. I like having stuff to use Prime shipping on, but it's too risky waiting on these things. Even with ones that I'm assuming will be common.

Running out of shelf space! Aha.

Yeah, the only time I've ever been lucky enough to find the 3 pack on Walmart I hit submit order and it went out of stock. I've signed up for in stock alerts and have never gotten an email despite them coming back in stock so I've almost given up hope of getting the 3 pack. I'm hoping if anyone gets an extra they'll sell to me.

rjinaz

You can now get Little Mac on amazon.com for around $28, Japanese version, thanks to the Japan restock.

Edit" Captain Falcon for $26 as well and villager for $31

prmtyme

Neo Member
We've reached the petition stage. Lol

lol i havent been staying tune to amiibos since i got all my wave 4/5 whatever they are from japan. all i need is wario (who i know will be common) and splatoon triple pack and second trade bait ness paid off for home delivery from gamestop. going to be armageddon trying to get those yoshis = (

RootCause

lol i havent been staying tune to amiibos since i got all my wave 4/5 whatever they are from japan. all i need is wario (who i know will be common) and splatoon triple pack and second trade bait ness paid off for home delivery from gamestop. going to be armageddon trying to get those yoshis = (
I was able to reserve the pink one. Lol I don't even like them, but I needed a pick me up after missing on Greninja. :p

G0523

I was wondering if anyone knew an answer to a question I have:

I placed an order with Best Buy for some amiibo that are coming out in a few weeks and I later found a coupon that's still good. But there doesn't seem to be a way to apply the coupon after my preorder. Can Best Buy still accept my coupon? If so, how?

Kitoro

I was wondering if anyone knew an answer to a question I have:

I placed an order with Best Buy for some amiibo that are coming out in a few weeks and I later found a coupon that's still good. But there doesn't seem to be a way to apply the coupon after my preorder. Can Best Buy still accept my coupon? If so, how?

When it arrives, take it to a store and do a return and rebuy. I do that all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom