• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcx4610

Ness is being held hostage on eBay....

$_12.JPG

Drago

Also that piece to put amiibos. guys on the older 3ds never came out huh?

It was brought up recently in the latest JP Nintendo Direct. It comes out July 30th in Japan, both separately and in a bundle with Happy Home Designer.

It'll definitely make it's way over West, no idea when though.

Over the weekend, someone on this board offered me a Meta Knight in exchange for a boy and girl Splatoon amiibo. It was great. Turned out thought that once I opened the Best Buy boxes, girl amiibo was crushed, so the deal was understandably cancelled. Today I went to Best Buy to return the two amiibos and I saw someone get kicked out of the store. Yes, it is possible to get kicked out of Best Buy. So strange.

Anyway, all of this leads me to remember that I still have an outstanding Ness ordered from Amazon.co.uk, and since we look out for each other, I'm willing to part with it if I ever get it. I have no idea if it will happen, or when, but I don't need two Nesses, and as long as it goes to a good home (no scalpers and no double weirdos who don't open them), I'm happy to part with it...

for one thousand dollars.

seriously, I'll sell it for MSRP plus shipping if I ever get it.

Dont impulse buy from Japan...

Anime

Neo Member
요르단;167153016 said:
Welp, time to join the Amiibo Gaffing community!

I'm Jordan, a lurker on Neogaffing before signing up!

Here's my collection!
Fuz12dI.jpg

btw, can I have an invite to the Line group? I have pmmed Diggeh and Chaos before.

Welcome to the community!Nice collection btw!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
"Stu, what are you doing?"
"Refreshing websites for amiibos."
"It's four o clock in the morning, why on Earth are you refreshing websites for amiibos?"
"Because I've lost control of my life."

Maengun1

Ahh it's so tempting to just import the 4 new amiibo. I mean they aren't even out in NA for 3 more months, and that's if you're lucky enough to get them.

Velcro Fly

if they ever come back up on amazon jp for MSRP sold by Amazon i'm on it. That packaging the last time was so good. the box was dented but my puff was flawless in box

Piscus

Over the weekend, someone on this board offered me a Meta Knight in exchange for a boy and girl Splatoon amiibo. It was great. Turned out thought that once I opened the Best Buy boxes, girl amiibo was crushed, so the deal was understandably cancelled. Today I went to Best Buy to return the two amiibos and I saw someone get kicked out of the store. Yes, it is possible to get kicked out of Best Buy. So strange.

Anyway, all of this leads me to remember that I still have an outstanding Ness ordered from Amazon.co.uk, and since we look out for each other, I'm willing to part with it if I ever get it. I have no idea if it will happen, or when, but I don't need two Nesses, and as long as it goes to a good home (no scalpers and no double weirdos who don't open them), I'm happy to part with it...

I'm interested. And I'm also assuming that someone's already contacted you about it. Shucks....

Dimentios

Someone has a double gold and silver mario for oversea shipping?
I have monies!
and two villager (EU) (old version) Amiibo
one meta knight (EU) Amiibo
both boxed
and "secured" preorder (amazon.co.uk) of dr. mario, olimar, bowser Junior, palutena and ZSS.

willizle02

Neo Member
Sweet baby jesus, the admins finally approved my account!

Hello everyone, i'm willizle02 (or will for short), and i've been lurking since late thread 4/early thread 5. I'm so happy to finally be able to reply to you guys, and if someone could please get me an invite to LINE, that'd be sweet!

Here's my collection so far, I have all current wave 1-4
minus some that I have ordered from playasia/yes-asia
, and ganon, zss, paleta, and pitoo are on the way here from Japan.

caa14dda92.jpg

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw one inkling girl and one silver Mario at the best buy in the Edgwood Shopping Center in Atlanta.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Props to Haloid1177 for setting me up with a Meta Knight for a very reasonable price. Though damn, trying to put Meta Knight next to Dedede & Kirby on my shelf was a pain and showed I'm running out of room considering I'm at 23 now & I do my best to have it organized (3rd party characters next to each other & Mario, franchises next to each other, the characters that were more related to my childhood in the front, etc.).

Digimeth

Neo Member
Hey guys, account just got verified. So, I got this email from target a few days
ago:

J2YYrYE.jpg
http://[/IMG]

Does this point to a possible online restock date? Sorry if this has already been confirmed. Let me know and I'll take it down.

Been here since the begining. Glad I can finally join the conversation.

Meeps

LiK might want it. He's been having really bad luck with Ness.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So is Rosalina the rarest of all the amiibo, you'd say?
Not THE rarest, but of the exclusives, most likely. She wasn't handled as well as Jigglypuff, & I would argue that Jigglypuff has a bit more popularity due to being a first gen Pokemon that's been with SSB from the very start.

Not THE rarest, but of the exclusives, most likely. She wasn't handled as well as Jigglypuff, & I would argue that Jigglypuff has a bit more popularity due to being a first gen Pokemon that's been with SSB from the very start.

Who would you say is rarer? I really wish they'd do a re-print of them for Target. Perhaps during Xmas?

AdanVC

Heya! This is my first post on GAF and I've been watching this thread since December. I thought I'd say hello with a picture of my collection so far!

f8Smsg9.jpg

요르단;167153016 said:
Welp, time to join the Amiibo Gaffing community!

I'm Jordan, a lurker on Neogaffing before signing up!

Here's my collection!
Fuz12dI.jpg

btw, can I have an invite to the Line group? I have pmmed Diggeh and Chaos before.

Sweet baby jesus, the admins finally approved my account!

Hello everyone, i'm willizle02 (or will for short), and i've been lurking since late thread 4/early thread 5. I'm so happy to finally be able to reply to you guys, and if someone could please get me an invite to LINE, that'd be sweet!

Here's my collection so far, I have all current wave 1-4
minus some that I have ordered from playasia/yes-asia
, and ganon, zss, paleta, and pitoo are on the way here from Japan.

caa14dda92.jpg

Welcome y'all! Impressive collections oh my god!

Ness is being held hostage on eBay....

$_12.JPG

Nice.

Very nice.

prateeko

I couldn't resist anymore guys... I payed a scalper $50 beans for Ness :(

Just make sure you're completely satisfied with the purchase. I honestly don't mind if people pay the scalpers when they really want something. It's wrong that you have to resort to that in the first place, but at the end of the day that Amiibo is worth whatever you pay for it. Hell, may of us (myself especially) on this site collect and pay over retail for used things that are out of production. Nothing wrong with that, it's just how the free market works. I can't blame the buyer and really have trouble blaming the seller/scalper. The fault is with Nintendo and their idiotic inability to keep up with organic or created demand. I mean, Ness is a cheaper model to make and generic looking enough (with smash advertising him for years) that it'd sell regardless.

AdanVC

I couldn't resist anymore guys... I payed a scalper $50 beans for Ness :(

Don't feel bad for it! I also payed around 50 bucks for a Japanese Ness :(... But it's nice to finally get one of the most difficult to find amiibo, Especially if you are in America where he is literally a unicorn, particularly the NA version.

Just make sure you're completely satisfied with the purchase. I honestly don't mind if people pay the scalpers when they really want something. It's wrong that you have to resort to that in the first place, but at the end of the day that Amiibo is worth whatever you pay for it. Hell, may of us (myself especially) on this site collect and pay over retail for used things that are out of production. Nothing wrong with that, it's just how the free market works. I can't blame the buyer and really have trouble blaming the seller/scalper. The fault is with Nintendo and their idiotic inability to keep up with organic or created demand. I mean, Ness is a cheaper model to make and generic looking enough (with smash advertising him for years) that it'd sell regardless.

Yeah I'm satisfied so no ragrets! Not even one letter

Don't feel bad for it! I also payed around 50 bucks for a Japanese Ness :(... But it's nice to finally get one of the most difficult to find amiibo, Especially if you are in America where he is literally a unicorn, particularly the NA version.
He was the NA edition. I just don't get it these things could print money like Disney Infinity( another addiction I have) but they choose to fabricate "rarity" I love Nintendo and want to give them my money but it's like they don't want it :(

ProfessorBonkle

Neo Member
The anticipation for Palutena and Dark Pit next month is killlling me. I thought I was done being nervous, but I guess when dealing with amiibo you just aren't allowed to be calm :/

kirby_fox

Banned
He was the NA edition. I just don't get it these things could print money like Disney Infinity( another addiction I have) but they choose to fabricate "rarity" I love Nintendo and want to give them my money but it's like they don't want it :(

I don't think this is fabricating rarity from Nintendo. It's just a bad cycle where more fans jump in as time goes on and resellers buy more stock creating more demand for the product. Not to mention growing pains from trying to learn how not to sit on stock and making sure these sell through while also not pissing on fans. Still Nintendo's fault, but I have doubts they don't want the money that would come from selling WFT figures.

I would bet getting a full Smash collection is going to impossible for a lot of people by the time this is over unless you're lucky. But finding ones after that? I'd bet not as hard.

Exactly. Just to put it into perspective, this is how much used/opened GameCube Component Cables are selling for eBay in the US.

It's all relative.

I definitely see your point, but those had to be special ordered on some back page of Nintendo's website for $50 and probably less than 5% of Gamecube owners had a TV that could display 480p at the time anyway. These things are genuinely rare, not because of scalpers buying them up at the time, but because they had a limited audience to start with.

I don't think this is fabricating rarity from Nintendo. It's just a bad cycle where more fans jump in as time goes on and resellers buy more stock creating more demand for the product. Not to mention growing pains from trying to learn how not to sit on stock and making sure these sell through while also not pissing on fans. Still Nintendo's fault, but I have doubts they don't want the money that would come from selling WFT figures.

I would bet getting a full Smash collection is going to impossible for a lot of people by the time this is over unless you're lucky. But finding ones after that? I'd bet not as hard.
Yea I get what you're saying it's just unfair that the universe allows scalpers to go about their scheming business. I just want a trophy table like in the game but these guys are ruining it

shadrach84

Neo Member
I definitely see your point, but those had to be special ordered on some back page of Nintendo's website for $50 and probably less than 5% of Gamecube owners had a TV that could display 480p at the time anyway. These things are genuinely rare, not because of scalpers buying them up at the time, but because they had a limited audience to start with.

I actually bought these to play resident evil. Over time, I sold the game cube with the cables. So who would have thought the cables would be worth more than the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom