• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Who would you say is rarer? I really wish they'd do a re-print of them for Target. Perhaps during Xmas?
Between Jigglypuff & Rosalina? Easily Rosalina.

Meta Knight & Shulk are slowly getting reprinted, though Shulk is more rarer.

Lucario still hasn't gotten a reprint & was probably handled the worst, so I guess of the previous exclusives, he's the rarest?

Cappa

Banned
You know the struggle is real when you're on a plane from Europe to the US trying to swing deals on reddit amiibo swap lol

Shout-out to HUELEN10 for the Marth!

He arrived safely and was immediately removed from the box by my wife!

zZgOQgo.jpg

prateeko

I definitely see your point, but those had to be special ordered on some back page of Nintendo's website for $50 and probably less than 5% of Gamecube owners had a TV that could display 480p at the time anyway. These things are genuinely rare, not because of scalpers buying them up at the time, but because they had a limited audience to start with.

Were they really $50? I had an original pair (stolen with my gamecube, spent $180 buying a cube with the cables and 12 games 2-3 years ago) and I don't remember paying that much for them

prateeko

OH NO!

My purple Gamecube broke about a year ago and so I gave my controllers to my friends and threw the rest away! I had those cables!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You gave the cables to your friends or threw them away? Cuz if they're anywhere but a landfill someone is really happy right now. lol, sorry to have made you realize something that never bothered you before :(

AdanVC

New amiibo arrived! Puck-Man and Lady of the Inks
xhoy7y54l0py2.jpg

Both look aceeeee! Huge thanks to SalvaPot for making this possible! Otherwise it would have been impossible to find this two amiibo here in Mexico.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Well, finally got time to open up all of Wave 4 and take photos of them NIP before I did :p

They all look great, but sadly whoever glued in Charizard's tail left glue globes on the back by the base of it :/

RK128

Hello everyone :D. A week or so back, I shared with you all my first two amiibo (Mega Man and Pac-Man) and now......completed my personal collection :D!

Here is Sonic, which took a while to get (as my GameStop didn't have it and I really didn't want to order through Amazon....five extra bucks with shipping :l), but I finally got it and I am very happy with how it looks.

eSHIA1J.jpg

IdXpZVH.jpg

Really nice model detail and I like the finishing on the figure :D.

With the third party collection complete, I might consider getting some of the other amiibo's (Mario, Yoshi, Luigi, Kirby, Pit, DK, Diddy Kong, and Bowser), as they represent some of my favorite characters in both Smash and in general.

Outside of that....Not going overboard in collecting amiibo; like I mentioned in the past, very expensive in getting the figures and having a complete collection is not the smartest of choices (as it takes a while to not only get them, but the shipping issues and supply problems really get in the way :().

Thank you for welcoming me into the community and lets hope this E3 brings more amiibo :D. If they announce a Sonic line that is supported with the new Mario and Sonic.....man, my wallet is going to cry :(.

scoot3r

So I got my second wario from GameStop and the bubble has a big dent in it : /. Should I complain or just trade it to someone who doesn't care about the packaging?

willizle02

Neo Member
So I got my second wario from GameStop and the bubble has a big dent in it : /. Should I complain or just trade it to someone who doesn't care about the packaging?

It's only wario, which is at most an uncommon. If you're an OoB collector, and haven't already opened the first one, then you're good.

Otherwise
thumb.jpg

But on a serious note, if you don't have that option, i'd complain.

Velcro Fly

I came so close to paying a scalper.

Had a huge blizzard on release day so I couldn't go and get one.

All of Wave 1-4 accounted for assuming Play Asia doesn't fuck me on Ness

bigkrev

Wooo, got Ness and Marth! Combined shipping with Lucina Figma, and with the crappy yen, there is a chance that these end up cheaper after shipping than buying them at a store plus sales tax here :)

Renewed

Seems like all that's left is Meta Knight and Charizard? Also Toon Link and Sheik if you're reaaaally hurting for those. So much for Marth... again.

willizle02

Neo Member
Seems like all that's left is Meta Knight and Charizard? Also Toon Link and Sheik if you're reaaaally hurting for those. So much for Marth... again.

You can always keep an eye on walmart.com, they were having small shipments every so often, but i'm not entirely sure if they still are. I got a marth from them not too long ago.

Went to my little classic gaming store on Sunday and oddly enough they had a Lucina, Robin, and Silver Mario all for sale at a slight mark-up ($19.99).

Already had a Lucina and Robin, but got that Silver Mario to finish out my current collection up to this point. Was just very odd to see them out in the wild like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom