• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

willizle02

Neo Member
MY GAMESTOP NESS ORDER FROM A FEW DAYS AGO CAME IN.

SCREAMING LOUDLY FOREVER

I don't need it.... I don't need it... I DEFINITELY don't need it...

4e5ef82ee5.png

I was looking for a Jigglypuff and I saw that play-asia has Lucina, Robin and Ness with this message: "Out of print / Out of stock. In stock on Jun 18, 2015 (24 for ness)" Do you think that's from the re-stock that happened a while ago that was supposed to come around june/july?

AdanVC

I'm just mad I have all this nice looking amiibo, Pac-Man, Inkling girl, Megaman, Ness... still on their boxes. I want to open them all and enjoy the hell out of them on their respective games but my collector side doesn't let me, especially with Ness. I hate this materialistic feeling, man! haha aaahhhhhh maybe I should just open all except Ness...

Velcro Fly

right when i complete wave 1-4 they reprint everything

well good for them i guess. hope everyone who wants them is able to get them

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I don't know how helpful this would be, but if you download a game on Android or iOS & sign into your Kongregate account, you can get a $5 off GameStop coupon. It would make an amiibo about $8.50. I did this the last time they gave coupons out & got DK & Luigi for $5 off each.

You'll have to search for them on the respective stores, but you can delete the game right after getting your coupon. I've done it in the past a few times. You only have a week to use the coupon, though.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Please for the love of god if someone sees any FE amiibo's holla at me plsss ;.;

I only have Ike ugu

Rocky

Banned
I see Rosalina on the list, but weren't we told ones like her would NEVER be printed again or whatever?

I may try and get alternate Villager if I'm able to.

Also, Dark Pit but no Palutena yet?

No, we were only told that Target wouldn't carry it anymore after the first shipment. And they did the same thing with Jiggly. Target is a lousy retailer and really doesn't deserve to get exclusives. All the other retailers that get exclusives restocked eventually, but Target has to be a bunch of pricks.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I was looking for those 3 games recently too :3

I'd trade both Lucina and Robin for those 3, I'll send you a pm

That's really kind of you to do that, but I'm mostly looking for Marth.

I :3 Marth

I don't like Lucina that much ;.;

I'll keep you in mind for Gamecube games, my friend has the console and doesn't use it.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
No, we were only told that Target wouldn't carry it anymore after the first shipment. And they did the same thing with Jiggly. Target is a lousy retailer and really doesn't deserve to get exclusives. All the other retailers that get exclusives restocked eventually, but Target has to be a bunch of pricks.

So as said above, NWS pretty much?

KitSnicket

Neo Member
My yesasia pit came yesterday too. It was perfect. The Yesaisa villager I wanted to keep in the box was dented, but the Pit I wanted to open was perfect. Still, that's 2 for 2 with yesasia. Hope the other ones I ordered get here in reasonable shape.

Also, as limited as the Marth restocks were, they still had a big effect on the supply and the price. Before if you wanted a Marth they were something like $80, now if you don't care about which version you can get one for $35. Foreign wii fit trainers are already something like $22, so I think even with a limited restock they will bring the price down to the region where a lot of collectors will be able to afford one.

HardRojo

They restocked Marth in Peru and my friend is holding one for me :D will pick him up tomorrow. This is a good sign and I hope they bring the other reprints such as Dedede and Meta Knight.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I seriously wish they were just timed exclusives. Like, only for the intended wave, then next wave, they're available at all retailers, but maybe just make it easier to find it at said exclusive location.

Nekobo

Here's my sad amiibo story. I sent an Ike amiibo to my best buddy in Seattle. But when he received the box, there was no amiibo inside. Just a note I wrote him. So someone actually opened the box, removed Ike, and sealed the box back up with just the note. I've never had this happen before with any package I've sent. I also had to wait like 6 months for GameStop to get it in stock, too.

This really made me kick myself because I was originally supposed to give it to him a week early at an anime convention, but I forgot to bring it. He cosplayed as Ike and I was Marth, so I wanted us to take a picture with our respective amiibo while in cosplay. So when I got back from the con I sent it to him and now it's gone missing, probably for good. :/

Sora_N

Here's my sad amiibo story. I sent an Ike amiibo to my best buddy in Seattle. But when he received the box, there was no amiibo inside. Just a note I wrote him. So someone actually opened the box, removed Ike, and sealed the box back up with just the note. I've never had this happen before with any package I've sent. I also had to wait like 6 months for GameStop to get it in stock, too.

This really made me kick myself because I was originally supposed to give it to him a week early at an anime convention, but I forgot to bring it. He cosplayed as Ike and I was Marth, so I wanted us to take a picture with our respective amiibo while in cosplay. So when I got back from the con I sent it to him and now it's gone missing, probably for good. :/

That really sucks.

How would the mailman know what's in the box?

Nekobo

That really sucks.

How would the mailman know what's in the box?

Tbh I have no idea. I filed a report to the USPS and they told me they can open packages at their discretion. Sadly I didn't buy insurance on it, so I doubt they can do anything about it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, what the actual hell. First off, why in the world did they have to open it, unless they were international (I think customs might have to inspect it just in case. When I shipped an amiibo to a Canadian friend, I had to write down what it was & how much it was worth).

Even worse is the fact that they got away with that. That's flat-out theft. Kind of makes me more worried about any I might send in the future (sent one friend Mega Man & another Jigglypuff) or when others send me one (Meta Knight, Wii Fit Trainer, & Peach via AmiiboGAF & Fox from a friend).

ChrisD

Are Greninjas still considered rare? There's a Toys R Us near my job that has a whole bunch of them.

Also hi guys!

I saw this too late didn't I.

They're definitely still rare. If you happen to be back in the area and come across 'em again I could PayPal you $25 (MSRP+Shipping+A little bit) shipped for one.

willizle02

Neo Member

They're definitely still rare. If you happen to be back in the area and come across 'em again I could PayPal you $25 (MSRP+Shipping+A little bit) shipped for one.

God, I wish I would have stayed and gotten a third greninja. I initially went in just to pick up my preordered one, and when I saw there was almost no people and still over 120 available, I waited for a second one for my friend. If I had known, I prolly would have stayed for a third one to use for trading or just to sell to someone on here at MSRP. Oh well.

Edit: this was in San Diego.

Dude Guy

I'll go back after work on Monday and check for you.

ChrisD

I'll go back after work on Monday and check for you.

I may actually be buying one from skaflone721. amiiboGAF is fast to respond whenever the thread is slower. o.o

It's not so much that he's a Pit or Ike, but he's been out of stock in all of my area since release. I thought of buying one from eBay, but they kept going out of my $25 limit. I refuse to pay more than a $10 upcharge for amiibo. It looks like most of them go for $30 with the rare deviation of $25 and $35. So like... A rare, but not ultra rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom