• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

which address & website do you use to ship? It doesn't want to ship to Canada-land.

I use Tenso. There are other services out there I suppose but Tenso was the first one I heard about.

It's a little pricey but Tokyo to Chicago to where I live in Indiana took like 4-5 days.

willizle02

Neo Member
I use Tenso. There are other services out there I suppose but Tenso was the first one I heard about.

It's a little pricey but Tokyo to Chicago to where I live in Indiana took like 4-5 days.

I only recommend using tenso if you order a lot, because it can be kinda pricey if you ship individual items. Like, for instance, I ordered a ganon on its own, and it came out to about $13 for just him, but I luckily had ordered palutena, DP, and ZSS in another order, and it came out to about $20 for all 3. I was also lucky enough to be able to combine the 4 into one package, so they only charged about $23 or so.

Anime

Neo Member
Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone near or arriving to New York.

Nintendo World still has the collectiable 10th anniversary Coin and Shirt,They have enough Coins with shirts so basically theres only 1,000 of each.They pretty cool in my opinion.

EghQp5Lh.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Nintendo World still has the collectiable 10th anniversary Coin and Shirt,They have enough Coins with shirts so basically theres only 1,000 of each.They pretty cool in my opinion.

EghQp5Lh.jpg

ANIME PLS

You guys get all the cool stuff. ;_;

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Diggeh! Lol i'll wear the squid hat in honor of you!

Next time they do one of these things i try and grab some for the neogaf community.

I want all the blue squid merch so bad!

Velcro Fly

So it looks like Ryu and our boy Roy are in for Smash, meaning two more amiibo. One will be a unicorn no doubt and the other is a 3rd party character and should be pretty common.

Please patch Roy support into Code Name STEAM!

Armaly

So it looks like Ryu and our boy Roy are in for Smash, meaning two more amiibo. One will be a unicorn no doubt and the other is a 3rd party character and should be pretty common.

Please patch Roy support into Code Name STEAM!

God dammit, now I need a Lucas AND Ryu amiibo to finish my personal collection. Watch ninty start introducing alt color amiibos.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh man, not a huge SF person, but I'll gladly have a Ryu amiibo. Thank goodness he shouldn't be hard to find considering he's one of the most well known fighting game characters.

Roy...*remembers the rarity of other FE characters*....*sigh*....& I honestly preferred him over Marth as a kid in Melee days.

Edit: So the leak ALSO has new trophies, so I'm guessing this is what Lucas, Roy, & Ryu's amiibo will look like:

Here's my sad amiibo story. I sent an Ike amiibo to my best buddy in Seattle. But when he received the box, there was no amiibo inside. Just a note I wrote him. So someone actually opened the box, removed Ike, and sealed the box back up with just the note. I've never had this happen before with any package I've sent. I also had to wait like 6 months for GameStop to get it in stock, too.

This really made me kick myself because I was originally supposed to give it to him a week early at an anime convention, but I forgot to bring it. He cosplayed as Ike and I was Marth, so I wanted us to take a picture with our respective amiibo while in cosplay. So when I got back from the con I sent it to him and now it's gone missing, probably for good. :/

Any chance you forgot to put it in the box? :p

That's really shitty to hear. Can't believe someone would actually do that. People suck.

Hatchtag

Banned
Oh man, not a huge SF person, but I'll gladly have a Ryu amiibo. Thank goodness he shouldn't be hard to find considering he's one of the most well known fighting game characters.

Roy...*remembers the rarity of other FE characters*....*sigh*....& I honestly preferred him over Marth as a kid in Melee days.

Edit: So the leak ALSO has new trophies, so I'm guessing this is what Lucas, Roy, & Ryu's amiibo will look like:

take a good look at the top two, because neither of them will ever be in stores.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Lucas to be GameStop exclusive, with a "Mother Series" bundle of Ness & Lucas........exclusive to Nintendo World Store.

Roy will be availaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can't finish that considering how impossible it is to find the other FE characters.

kirby_fox

Banned
Lucas to be GameStop exclusive, with a "Mother Series" bundle of Ness & Lucas........exclusive to Nintendo World Store.

Roy will be availaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can't finish that considering how impossible it is to find the other FE characters.

DLC will all be exclusives except Ryu and any other third parties.

Mewtwo --> TRU
Lucas --> Gamestop
Roy --> Best Buy

We need a female fighter for DLC so Target has something...

Majestad

Banned
Is anyone interested in a Captain Falcon in box, mint condition?

I would trade it for any other similarly rare Amiibo. Lucario, Pit, etc.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Those Roy and Ryu Amiibos are going to be awesome!

BTW, has there been anywhere to pre-order the Chibi-Robo set yet in the US?

Jawmuncher

Still curious how the DLC wave will go. If all 4 were to make their own wave I bet Roy would be rare, Lucas would be exclusive, mew two would be uncommon to common, and Ryu would just be common.

EghQp5Lh.jpg
I would wear the SHIT out of that shirt and use the coin for drinking challenges.

That squid hat is cool but I think it could be better. Man. I wish I had a sewing machine right now....

prateeko

I don't know how many of the rarer Amiibos will be re-printed and as such I don't know if I should keep pre-orders from YesAsia, or cancel them and wait the reprints from the US for less money...

Piscus

I don't know how many of the rarer Amiibos will be re-printed and as such I don't know if I should keep pre-orders from YesAsia, or cancel them and wait the reprints from the US for less money...
Do whatever brings you the most peace of mind and lets you sleep better at night. Might be worth spending a few extra bucks up front, even if you wind up running into one of those amiibo in real life down the line.

prateeko

Do whatever brings you the most peace of mind and lets you sleep better at night. Might be worth spending a few extra bucks up front, even if you wind up running into one of those amiibo in real life down the line.

I suppose. I don't see the more intricate Amiibos from lesser known series' (like most of the FE ones) ever becoming common since I figure those are the ones Nintendo may even lose a small amount on. Who knows, I guess I'll wait and see since both the Marth and the Meta Knight re-stocks weren't terribly impressive so far in the US at least

HardRojo

Marth reprints coming to Peru means I might have a chance at getting Dedede and Meta Knight, which, along with Capt. Falcon and Little Mac, are the only rare Amiibo I'm missing and want to have.

NateDrake

I finally thought my amiibo hunt was over with the acquisition of Robin and Lucina. And now Roy enters the mix and forces me back. Another unicorn Fire Emblem amiibo to acquire.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So what's gonna happen first? Street Fighter or Sonic amiibo line up?

You know there's people who'd gladly pay for Ken, Chun-Li, Tails, & Knuckles amiibo.

RK128

So what's gonna happen first? Street Fighter or Sonic amiibo line up?

You know there's people who'd gladly pay for Ken, Chun-Li, Tails, & Knuckles amiibo.

I think Sonic is more likely, considering their is a new Mario and Sonic game coming soon. That would be cool if the features for the figures were substantal :).
Please don't happen, I would have to get them all X(.
Would get Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Metal Sonic and Blaze for sure.

I think we will see a Ryu figure, considering he is coming to Smash Bros. 4. But I don't know about other Street Fighter characters....unless Capcom makes a Nintendo X Capcom or some Street Fighter game comes to the Wii U.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think Sonic is more likely, considering their is a new Mario and Sonic game coming soon. That would be cool if the features for the figures were substantal :).
Please don't happen, I would have to get them all X(.
Would get Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Metal Sonic and Blaze for sure.

I think we will see a Ryu figure, considering he is coming to Smash Bros. 4. But I don't know about other Street Fighter characters....unless Capcom makes a Nintendo X Capcom or some Street Fighter game comes to the Wii U.
Oh yeah, pretty sure Nintendo said all SSB DLC characters would get amiibo as well. Ryu will probably be another common since he's considered the face of fighting games.

& I'm expecting M&S Rio Olympics to have amiibo support in some form, mainly with Sonic & Mario since they already have them, but it'll be interesting if they'd make a line dedicated to that series. At the very least make characters who don't have a Super Mario or SSB version released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom