• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The silence in this thread makes me sad.

Just wait until Nintendo announces the final wave of Smash will be the four remaining + four DLC characters.

Every single one will be GameStop exclusive.

The silence in this thread makes me sad.

I'm waiting for couriers to deliver my amiibo trades.

I'm trying to catch every last minute of overtime at work to fund this addiction.

I'm silently, patiently dreaming of those CPSIA documents and how many amiibo reprints we'll never see on the shelf.

I'm waiting to see what announcements are made at E3. Specifically any related to the aforementioned US restocks.

And I'm binging on Netflix in a futile attempt to keep my mind off of these things. We're so close to being done with the SSB line and yet we're still so far away.

Velcro Fly

Wonder if the Falco amiibo is being held until Starfox is coming out =/

I had completely forgotten about him until I just now looked up to see who had not been released yet.

I just want Dark Pit and Palutena so I can play Kid Icarus: Uprising again with those three sitting near me! Such a good game

Wonder if the Falco amiibo is being held until Starfox is coming out =/

I had completely forgotten about him until I just now looked up to see who had not been released yet.

I just want Dark Pit and Palutena so I can play Kid Icarus: Uprising again with those three sitting near me! Such a good game

Recently I've been regretting the purchase and opening of SSB Bowser. The Mario Bowser would look so much better next to Mario M & L. Then I thought about Bowser Jr. who would look out of place if he wasn't sitting beside SSB Bowser.

Fox looks lonely without Falco by his side,
Bowser without Bowser Jr.
Ness without Lucas
Charizard without Mewtwo
Link and Zelda without Ganondorf

And I can't rest until my femme fatales are complete: Peach, Rosalina, Zelda, Lucina, Palutena, Zero Suit Samus and Wii Fit Trainer.

Speaking of that last one, the US WFT restock can't come soon enough so I can open my Japanese one for display/use.

Besides, I expect Star Fox to have its own line just like The Legend of Zelda should/will.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Part of me hopes Ryu's amiibo is as usable as Sonic, Mega Man, & Pac-Man. I'm rather surprised how much support they've gotten.

Jobbs

Banned
I traded lucina and robin for two jigglypuffs (one for my niece, one for me).

If I ever get a Ness (unlikely) I think I'll be all set.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
MII FIGHTERS AMIIBO.

MR. GAME & WATCH CAN BE SWAPPED FOR DIFFERENT POSES.

Duck Hunt, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B, & Falco coming Sept.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Igr2UfD.png

Looks like I've got some Wavepocalypse updating to do.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
CSnfazJ.png

KixmTOS.png

Now to wait for the main website to update for they new HD images.

Velcro Fly

So the ones announced today are September everywhere I'm guessing

And the previously announced ones are earlier for places other than NA

I hope they sell the Mii fighters as a 3 pack

rjinaz

DuckHunt, Game and Watch, and ROB will be mine!

Finally some amiibo I have no interest in, Mii Fighters. September will be an expensive month still ( or not since I'm importing and will have some of those next month)

Boogiepop

Wait, Falco didn't get added to the September wave as well? I missed that I guess. That's... bizarre. He's going to be stranded as the last of the non-DLC characters? I guess he'll buff out the wave when those come out?

Also, is Japanese ROB different like some predicted?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thank goodness for Sept., I only care for ROB, Duck Hunt, Mr. Game & Watch, Ganondorf, & I guess ZSS.

Wonder how many poses Mr. Game & Watch will have. I like the direction they took with him.

Boogiepop

Oh yeah, Game and Watch is really nice, glad they realized he would potentially be a really uninteresting character and did what they could to combat that.

Also, glad the other characters got dumped in with the September wave as that means less retailer exclusives than I was expecting originally, probably. (IE I'd be semi-surprised if Duck Hunt, ROB, and Game and Watch don't end up retailer exclusive, and I was already expecting at least a few from the previous ones announced for September just based on the way things have gone so far). At least assuming they don't get even worse with the exclusives, I mean.

Meeps

Also, glad the other characters got dumped in with the September wave as that means less retailer exclusives than I was expecting originally, probably. (IE I'd be semi-surprised if Duck Hunt, ROB, and Game and Watch don't end up retailer exclusive, and I was already expecting at least a few from the previous ones announced for September just based on the way things have gone so far). At least assuming they don't get even worse with the exclusives, I mean.

Watch we get 5 exclusives. :|

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, they ARE making two versions of ROB.

I still bet Nintendo will sell the Famicom version of ROB in the US via exclusive event like Comic-Con.

Thoraxes

So out of all the upcoming ones, I just have a preorder for Olimar and the good Dr.

I got a lot of shit to worry about now. Hopefully gamestop does preorders soon. They did the last wave 3 months out.

Boogiepop

Watch we get 5 exclusives. :|

Ideally, they'd take the Mii Fighters as those are the only Smash ones I'd be fine passing on (pretty much at the point where I've decided I'll only consider getting them if they're no trouble at all). Of course, now that I've said that, they'll be super common and just clogging up store shelves while the rest of the stuff is store exclusive with one or two per store.

Muzy72

Banned
After September, Falco will literally be the only character in the roster aside from DLC to have an amiibo. They HAVE to be saving him for Wolf, right??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom