• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcx4610

Encountered a wild Silver Mario and Pacman at a Gamestop today. Thought about getting Mario but didn't since IGN's rarity chart listed him as "Uncommon". Should I head back tomorrow and get him?

I see him at every store I go to. Extremely common it appears. Gold Mario on the other hand...

Well guys, it seems amiibo have claimed another victim. My mom was watching the Yoshi's Woolly World demo on Nintendo's Treehouse stream with me and she expressed her desire to buy the pink Yoshi amiibo. I don't have the heart to tell her this is how it begins.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Well guys, it seems amiibo have claimed another victim. My mom was watching the Yoshi's Woolly World demo on Nintendo's Treehouse stream with me and she expressed her desire to buy the pink Yoshi amiibo. I don't have the heart to tell her this is how it begins.

all are welcome to join the Diggeh Empire

Anime

Neo Member
Was at Nintendo World today to see the festivities and it was great! Had the opportunity to play Star Fox Zero and it was amazing, buttery smooth 60 FPS,intuitive and responsive controls.Anyone waiting for this game will be in for a treat!

They also gave out a Mario pin and a Starfox pin if you played a demo, and also a secret Wave 4 restock occured!

Mt7YR5mh.jpg

kirby_fox

Banned
Man, the hype that is E3 brought me out of here. I actively forgot amiibo collecting, because I'm not expecting to hear anything about next month's wave for another week or so.

And now thinking about that, I'm half-expecting another direct to talk about release dates. These amiibo are next month, and yet no date for anything. Last time we got a date in a direct, it only makes sense to see it again.

Maengun1

I hope the retro-style 8-bit Mario is the one bundled with Mario Maker, because that's the one I want. I feel like a game bundle will have a better shot at being up for pre-order for more than 2 minutes than just an amiibo.

Shauni

I hope the retro-style 8-bit Mario is the one bundled with Mario Maker, because that's the one I want. I feel like a game bundle will have a better shot at being up for pre-order for more than 2 minutes than just an amiibo.

Pretty sure it was already posted earlier that it would be have a bundle with Super Mario Maker

Aw nice, EB Australia have all the new amiibo's up.

And with that, my entire Smash collection is secured (still not sure if I want the Mii amiibos though). Went and preordered Isabelle, KK and Nook too <3

I just got an email saying dispatch estimate between 6/20-6/22. Does that mean it will ship for sure? Or can I expect another delay email?

My Ness and Lucina have already been dispatched. Apparently coming tomorrow.
So. Yeah. I think you don't need to worry about it coming now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nabbed Toad today with my $5 off GS coupon. Now I just need Wario, Olimar, & Villager for all MK8 costumes.

Think I'm at 24 or 25 now?

Jomjom

Banned
Was at Nintendo World today to see the festivities and it was great! Had the opportunity to play Star Fox Zero and it was amazing, buttery smooth 60 FPS,intuitive and responsive controls.Anyone waiting for this game will be in for a treat!

They also gave out a Mario pin and a Starfox pin if you played a demo, and also a secret Wave 4 restock occured!

Mt7YR5mh.jpg

Where did you get that Amaterasu mouse pad?!?!?!

Count me in among the people who might get a Ness from Amazon.co.uk. Lik is first to get it if he wants it for MSRP+shipping, but if s/he doesn't want it, I will let people know.

PBalfredo

I preordered a Lucina amiibo the same time I preordered Ness at a gamestop. My Ness got delivered to me just fine, thank goodness. However my Lucina didn't arrive with him and I checked my receipt to find out that the gamestop clerk forgot to include my apartment number to the order of my Lucina amiibo. I checked the UPS tracking number and found that after the local post office couldn't deliver due to the apartment number missing, it went to a post office in Cincinnati of all places. I called up UPS, they said they couldn't help because the package was sent in a way that was contracted out to local US post offices. I called GameStop, told them to add my apartment address, they said they then did so. Week goes by and my package hasn't moved. I jump on live chat with gamestop and they say since it's been over 10 days my package is considered "lost". I ask them to try to contact the post office since they're the sender and the only ones who can get the ball rolling on that, but they insist they will send me a replacement. I don't know what the hell stock they think they are going to replace it from. They say it will be 3-5 days processing and if anything happens they will refund me. Since I doubt they still have any Lucinas left in stock to fulfill a replacement order, I'm likely just getting the refund and no Lucina because the gamestop clerk flubbed my order and calling them up the first time produced no results.

RIP Lucina.

Yeah, I ordered from them a couple times now, and they always come.
One thing tho, once you order something, you can't cancel the order. So if you're going to buy something, make sure you're going to want it in the long run.

Thanks. I don't have to worry about that second part too much because I'm used to buying on AmiAmi, and they do a "No Canceling" thing too.

Clov

Any updates on when the NFC reader/writer for the 3DS comes out in North America? I have a bad feeling that it will be really hard to find once it releases here.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, look at all these costumes in Super Mario Maker. ALL THE AMIIBOS THAT CAN BE USED.

Though from what I'm hearing, some can be unlocked in-game & the amiibo are more of a faster & easier way to unlock them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nintendo said on their Twitter that the game would include two figures & 3 cards. I would consider it a "starter pack".

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer up for pre order on Amazon. Apparently there is a bundle that comes with 1 card but its not available. I pre ordered normal version just in case.

https://t.co/3OpcsecNk4

Edit:

Base game comes with card, I think Isabelle and bundle comes with the NFC dongle thing to read the cards.

Velcro Fly

can't believe we didn't get NA release dates or anything about 5A

they must be having another direct or something really soon or else who the fuck knows they won't make more than 25 of each for NA anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom