• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomita

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer up for pre order on Amazon. Apparently there is a bundle that comes with 1 card but its not available. I pre ordered normal version just in case.

https://t.co/3OpcsecNk4

Edit:

Base game comes with card, I think Isabelle and bundle comes with the NFC dongle thing to read the cards.

The description of the bundle on Amazon for me says:
・Includes one game and one amiibo card
・Game may be played on Nintendo 2DS, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL using the Nintendo 3DS NFC Reader/Writer Accessory (sold separately).

Shouldn't the bundle come with the NFC accessory? :/ Damn it Amazon. It also doesn't list a price and is currently not available for preorder. Hopefully they fix the info soon. I don't want to stress over finding the NFC reader.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The description of the bundle on Amazon for me says:

Shouldn't the bundle come with the NFC accessory? :/ Damn it Amazon. It also doesn't list a price and is currently not available for preorder. Hopefully they fix the info soon. I don't want to stress over finding the NFC reader.

Yeah the bundle does come with the NFC thing too. Does it use Amiibos in it too or just cards? Anyways it seems like it's already sold out from GS.com, since it WAS listed yesterday and now it's not. Maybe it'll come back, because it usually shows up and says "sold out" if that was the case, right?

Ugh :(

Those two 8-bit Mario amiibo go on sale September 10th here in Japan, so my question is when do these things usually pop up for preorder on amazon.co.jp? Basically I just want those two.

Tomita

Yeah the bundle does come with the NFC thing too. Does it use Amiibos in it too or just cards? Anyways it seems like it's already sold out from GS.com, since it WAS listed yesterday and now it's not. Maybe it'll come back, because it usually shows up and says "sold out" if that was the case, right?

Ugh :(

I double checked this last night to make sure and now cannot find my source, though some googling did give me multiple news articles about it from when it was first announced that confirm that it will connect cards AND amiibo.

EDIT: Oh wait, did you mean the game? Er, they haven't said anything about amiibo for the 3DS AC game, and I watched the Treehouse streams on it. You think, with them talking about the brand new AC amiibo, they would have said something about it...but, 'cause it's Nintendo, so you can't assume either way.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I double checked this last night to make sure and now cannot find my source, though some googling did give me multiple news articles about it from when it was first announced that confirm that it will connect cards AND amiibo.

EDIT: Oh wait, did you mean the game? Er, they haven't said anything about amiibo for the 3DS AC game, and I watched the Treehouse streams on it. You think, with them talking about the brand new AC amiibo, they would have said something about it...but, 'cause it's Nintendo, so you can't assume either way.

:/ I can't believe how vague they've been with info on both ACs. The WiiU one is a mess as it is and no one knows what's going on with that one either.

Birathen

Here's my collection. I got 4 more coming next month and the Yoshi bundle so it'll grow a bit.

QJDgNhI.jpg

Wow, Tiger Direct sent me an email saying the Lucina portion of my order has shipped.

I called their 800 number last night to cancel an order for Lucina + Silver Mario because I figured they'd eventually get just Silver Mario out to me and I didn't need another. I'm glad I hung up after 25 minutes on hold!

KingBroly

Banned
Ugh...it's going to be murder to get Dark Pit and Palutena in the US at this point. No release date. No confirmation of exclusives. This just gets worse and worse ;_;

Vidiot

So happy I just want the figures and don't care about the box. It's nice to already have Palutena, Zero Suit Samus, Ganondorf, and Dark Pit. Gonna import the rest as they become available too. Don't care if I pay a bit more. It's worth it to get them months early and not have to deal with the bull shit of obtaining them here in the US.

What is everyone's stance on the Mii characters? I might pass on them.

KHlover

Banned
amiibom5rte.jpg

Got a bit lucky, just when I thought I'd never get Lucina or Robin for under 50 Euro some new stock must have come in. Got them for...65 Euro total.

KingBroly

Banned
No, not yet. Nothing amiibo-wise has gone up for pre-order yet in North America except for Happy Home Designer, which includes 1 amiibo card.

Right now I'm lucky I have as many Smash amiibo extras as I do, 6 in total, for trading purposes to help complete my Smash amiibo set.

It's been fun AmiiboGaf.
I'm officially out of the hunt ;(
I'm going to miss checking this thread every few seconds. It truly has been both very fun and a nightmare at the same time haha

But I just sold my Robin, Marth and Lucario.
Today I'm selling Lucina, Little Mac and my other Robin.

It's hard to part with them all!

It's been fun AmiiboGaf.
I'm going to miss checking this thread every few seconds. It truly has been both very fun and a nightmare at the same time haha

Sell me that little mac tho

Shauni

An original short story about Amiibos by me.

For sale: Baby Mario Amiibo, never opened.

Lol, is that a Hemingway?

Yeah, they did. In Happy Home Designer, you can scan the card or figure to have that villager show up and design their house for them. All the villagers can show up without the amiibos, but it'll be random like it is in the main game

Did anybody get a WFT yesterday off of amazon? I got one that said it was back ordered now today says its preparing for shipment. I'm not even sure if I want to keep it. :/

Velcro Fly

looks like chibi robo is going to be $30 game only and likely $40 bundle

yoshi also looks to be $50 for game and $60 for game and amiibo bundle

i love yoshi but as a person with a dog who sheds constantly, having anything like the yarn amiibo would be dumb. i just don't care about them. so $10 off the game and then my GCU discount means $40 for Yoshi.

Toki767

looks like chibi robo is going to be $30 game only and likely $40 bundle

yoshi also looks to be $50 for game and $60 for game and amiibo bundle

i love yoshi but as a person with a dog who sheds constantly, having anything like the yarn amiibo would be dumb. i just don't care about them. so $10 off the game and then my GCU discount means $40 for Yoshi.

Well Best Buy has the game itself at $60. And the yarn amiibo are going to be more than $13 so I expect the bundle to be $70-80 myself.

Tomita

Yeah, they did. In Happy Home Designer, you can scan the card or figure to have that villager show up and design their house for them. All the villagers can show up without the amiibos, but it'll be random like it is in the main game

Oh, thanks for the correction. That definitely makes more sense, I just missed that bit of news.
More reason to by the DJ KK amiibo hehehehehe

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It's been fun AmiiboGaf.

F5GxPUT.gif

So it seems that a bunch of Yarn Yoshis were destroyed in Europe before making it to retailers? Not exactly sure what all this is about: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1066818

KAY9uSy.gif

LiK

my Ness was apparently delivered today but it's still not here. fucking USPS better not have delivered it to the wrong address.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
my Ness was apparently delivered today but it's still not here. fucking USPS better not have delivered it to the wrong address.

Check the neighbor's doorsteps. UPS did that to my GS package and it ended up next door :/

Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival is up on Best Buy. It doesn't say it's the bundle but I don't think there's a game only SKU so I think it's safe to order it.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival is up on Best Buy. It doesn't say it's the bundle but I don't think there's a game only SKU so I think it's safe to order it.

Gamestop has theirs listed as "NO Amiibo included" so I don't know how safe.

I just called the store too and they were confused with the descriptions.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Here is my obligation post

So I'm alive and not giving up yet. Anyway, I really want Duck Hunt Amiibo in my hand. Just three more months to go!

Drago

Checked my Amazon UK order and Ganondorf is already preparing for dispatch, a whole week early. The other 3 of 5A haven't moved yet for some reason though. Hopefully soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom