• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
That's how they got me too! One at a time...

(You should totally get Toon Link)
Yup. One at a time makes you think you're not feeding the addiction but you totally are ;__; and if I see a toon link around i'll definitely grab him
The truth is this thread is actually just a support group.

We all need help :(
Yup
Super Mario Maker amiibo support & 8-bit Mario confirmed!! :D
Ffs. Now I need both of these...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm still sitting on a sealed Lucina and Lucario for the specific purpose of trading for any rare Animal Crossing ones.

LiK

Ok, totally gonna pass on the Skylanders and Animal Crossing amiibos.

Keeping my eye on Smash and the Mario Maker one.

So guys, I just had a bad dream that the 30th Anniversary Mario amiibo already went up for preorder and is gone! Is it true?!?

The truth is this thread is actually just a support group.

We all need help :(

I think the Nintendo fandom in general is a support group, amiibros or not :(

Boogiepop

So do we have any confirmation whether or not the AC amiibo work with the 3DS game yet, btw?

And I also have to wonder when the heck we're getting the release date/exclusive info for US Wave 5? Maybe an amiibo segment in Treehouse Live?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys I checked that link again today for GS's Chibi-Robo. Looks like it is just the regular edition. Especially with that mark down because I'm guessing they know everyone's just going to get the bundle :p

SeZMehK

I am still sour that I lost my preorders for greninja, charizard and jigglypuff. I am still looking for these and lucario. Anyway I want that Mario Maker one for nostalgia purposes...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I KIND OF wish they did something like Amiibo Festival but for ALL the amiibo. Imagine Mario Party, but you could play as Captain Falcon, Pit, Pac-Man, and Marth.

SUPER PARTY BROS.

Shauni

Have they released dates and details for the Animal Crossing cards and the 8-bit Mario? Obviously hard to keep up with everything this week haha

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm PRETTY sure the 8-bit Mario would release along with Super Mario Maker, which is Sept. 11.

Speaking of which, that's 10 days before my B-day. Suuuurrreee would be nice if I could get one or the other as a gift.

It was worth a shot...

Shauni

I'm PRETTY sure the 8-bit Mario would release along with Super Mario Maker, which is Sept. 11.

Speaking of which, that's 10 days before my B-day. Suuuurrreee would be nice if I could get one or the other as a gift.

It was worth a shot...

Is it bundle only, or will they be separate?

i really don't like those 8bit marios, they're ugly as fuck. rest of the smash wave looks glorious, can't wait to get em. Really like how Duck Hunt and G&W, was worried DH would have the stand on the dog and duck, glad its only the duck. I know they're going to be really hard to get but i hope i can get them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is it bundle only, or will they be separate?
We got packaging art for both 8-Bit Marios, so it sounds like they'll be separate.

I THINK in UK, there was a special bundle of the game + one of the Marios. I haven't heard ot any bundles in the US yet.

Vidiot

Here's an updated shot with my new Ganondorf, Palutena, Zero Suit Samus, and Dark Pit. :)

I think the new ones I got all look pretty great but I especially like Ganondorf and Palutena.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
We got packaging art for both 8-Bit Marios, so it sounds like they'll be separate.

I THINK in UK, there was a special bundle of the game + one of the Marios. I haven't heard ot any bundles in the US yet.
Eb games Australia is offering classic Mario with the game and artwork book. So tempted but I don't even have a Wii u lol. Waiting for the preorders for the single amiibos I think.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Was it confirmed before Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash was coming Oct. 9th? Because I would assume that's the same date as the amiibo.

Off topic, I know, but lol at your avatar. I can't get enough of that going around.

Drago

Was it confirmed before Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash was coming Oct. 9th? Because I would assume that's the same date as the amiibo.
Yes it was.

Still waiting on bundle preorders since thise GS preorders 2 nights ago were a fluke. I'll probably be waiting a while...

zulux21

Yes it was.

Still waiting on bundle preorders since thise GS preorders 2 nights ago were a fluke. I'll probably be waiting a while...

i'll second the confirmation with this
bkz5O5N.png
Na 3ds release schedule poor hyrule warriors 3ds.

888eddyx

I'm not gonna lie, I actually think those Skylanders ones look pretty sick. I kinda want to get my hands on them. I'd only use them as Amiibo though.

Velcro Fly

I'd rather pay eBay than play-asia

After the last wave when shit was $35 there before shipping it might as well be paying scalpers.

willizle02

Neo Member
I'd rather pay eBay than play-asia

After the last wave when shit was $35 there before shipping it might as well be paying scalpers.

True, but it doesn't sting as much as paying an actual scalper, plus you're almost guaranteed it from playasia. (the only exception being if they fuck up your order, but that's a big IF)

Shauni

There is a physical bundle though so I wonder if that's the only way to obtain those 2? I plan on getting that.

Isabelle has been shown separately on numerous occasions, but Digby has only been shown in pics from this bundle, so I'm guessing he's exclusive.

dcx4610

I wish Nintendo would stop making Amiibo if they can't even keep up with the current demand.

Has anyone talked to Gamestop? Have they received any more Ness in-store since the release date?

Encountered a wild Silver Mario and Pacman at a Gamestop today. Thought about getting Mario but didn't since IGN's rarity chart listed him as "Uncommon". Should I head back tomorrow and get him?

1up

Encountered a wild Silver Mario and Pacman at a Gamestop today. Thought about getting Mario but didn't since IGN's rarity chart listed him as "Uncommon". Should I head back tomorrow and get him?

Buy amiibos you like, not because they are rare.

Also, Pac-man and Silver Mario and chilling on shelfs everywhere. Often online as well.

Velcro Fly

Wait, what? $35... before shipping?

Rosalina I know for a fact was $35 before shipping during the last round of restocks. She got a reprint in Japan a week or two ago.

I'd have to dig around on the r/amiibo but there was a thread there that others were $35 and that they were basically scalpers at that point. Might have been JP Wave 5A or something. But now they've instituted a price cap at $30 so I guess that's ok.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Rosalina I know for a fact was $35 before shipping during the last round of restocks. She got a reprint in Japan a week or two ago.

I'd have to dig around on the r/amiibo but there was a thread there that others were $35 and that they were basically scalpers at that point. Might have been JP Wave 5A or something. But now they've instituted a price cap at $30 so I guess that's ok.

Wow and yeah that's... not right. Maybe I can catch one on AmiAmi but they stock even less and I don't think I've ever seen any Amiibos still available by the time I click on them. At least they price accordingly and usually at a discount too.

willizle02

Neo Member

Famicon R.O.B is the only one i'd actually buy from yes-asia simply because of japan exclusivity, but I agree with you that they do overprice A LOT of their amiibo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom