• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I can't say I didn't see this coming. I was previously intent on collecting EVERY amiibo. That all changed today with the announcement of all the Animal Crossing characters. I will still acquire KK Slider because Totaka.

I don't know how I feel about Skylanders x amiibo knowing the chances of being able to purchase the starter pack figures sans starter pack.

However I am prepared to do bad things for both 8-bit Mario.

prateeko

Okay guys, I need to move my sealed collection into storage and was thinking about some of those plastic display/protective cases. I know there was one from kickstarter and another from a company that makes the clear protection cases for SNES/N64 boxes.

Does anyone have any recommendation on clear, plastic protection cases for sealed Amiibos?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
BEST OT IS FINALLY UPDATED GO CHECK THE FIRST POST FOR THE FULL EXPERIENCE IT TOOK FOREVER

HERE IS THE NEW STUFF

gy90zsd.png

I KNOW THIS IS A LOT OF WORK BUT I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH

Unless Diggeh personally delivers every Amiibo to me, I'm declaring the OT of this thread to be the worst in all humanity, and will be filling a formal complaint with the ICC in The Hague.

good work!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Diggeh, doesn't Digby come with Isabelle in the bundle with Amiibo Festival?

Why did you mark him as wave 2?

He might be in a separate single pack ala SMB Mario. We'll see what happens.

Or I could edit the OT I just spent hours on editing again ;____;

I don't post in here that much anymore but I just wanted to say that I hope that you all appreciate Diggeh's work. He spends hours maintaining this page and he does it all for you.

I just read the OT for the first time in a while (looks awesome!).

When did Samus get the Red X? There are still quite a few of her around here. I'm tempted to go get them all to fund the THIRTY SIX amiibo that have been announced that I don't have!!!

By the way for those interested in the Amiibolanders, I've seen quite a few people on the Skylanders side mention that they're not interested in the figures, and are mainly after the main game and the regular starter pack stuff. So, it might not be too difficult to find someone who's interested in Skylanders, and doesn't want the figure.

Conversely, I have seen people purchase the Wii U bundle things on sale, and then sell off the pieces. If you just want the figure, you might be able to sell the vehicle (unless you want it), game, Stealth Elf and portal to someone locally (or I guess on ebay or something) as well.

Just some food for thought.

Nice job on the OT Diggeh. Its fine as hell

By the way for those interested in the Amiibolanders, I've seen quite a few people on the Skylanders side mention that they're not interested in the figures, and are mainly after the main game and the regular starter pack stuff. So, it might not be too difficult to find someone who's interested in Skylanders, and doesn't want the figure.

Conversely, I have seen people purchase the Wii U bundle things on sale, and then sell off the pieces. If you just want the figure, you might be able to sell the vehicle (unless you want it), game, Stealth Elf and portal to someone locally (or I guess on ebay or something) as well.

Just some food for thought.

Nice job on the OT Diggeh. Its fine as hell

I've already been thinking of this. I wonder if the bundles with DK and Bowser will be the standard bundle for those systems. If so, Black Friday always has Skylander bundles for super cheap!

I've already been thinking of this. I wonder if the bundles with DK and Bowser will be the standard bundle for those systems. If so, Black Friday always has Skylander bundles for super cheap!

They do appear to be replacing the standard figures in the Wii/Wii U/3DS packs. Yeah, BF will be the best bet to get the packs, as they're fairly common and on sale for about the price of a regular video game.

Sharing some pics of this madness from DarkSpyro.

It would appear that the upgraded machines on the far left here are part of the game's upgrade system.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"ROB: Japan Only"

Why would you show him off then at an AMERICAN trade show?! That'd be like showing the US colors at Tokyo Game Show and being all "NAH, only the US gets that color variation:.

Drago

So I was looking at Nintendo's schedule for the rest of the year.
1300114086559159912.jpg

Can't help but notice Mewtwo in between wave 6 and the currently standalone Falco. Could we be seeing the Mewtwo and Falco amiibo releasing together, sometime between Oct-Dec this year? With the rest of the DLC characters to follow in 2016. I find it hard to believe Mewtwo's separate placement from the rest of the DLC characters was a mistake.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
All I want is for the next Smash Bros. waves to go up for pre-order. They're announcing so much, while so behind on releases.

Tomita

Your OP is fabulous, Diggeh. <3

The Falco date is still suspicious; I'm surprised Star Fox didn't get any amiibo. I guess Miyamoto is so focused on getting that Arwing prototype to work out.

Oh well, at least Falco will be easier to get than Lucas ):

And HOLY CRAP at the Skylanders prices. Had no idea that was what those things went for...eesh.
They don't even look that good.

kunonabi

Palutena still suffering from fat fingers I see. Has the Chibi-Robo bundle gone up for preorder anywhere in the states?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So think the Best Buy demos of Super Mario Maker will allow amiibo support? I heard when it was shown on Treehouse, it was supported.

AdanVC

Love love love looooove all the amiibo stuff announced today. I can't get enough of that awesome 8-bit mario amiibo, even it's packaging looks amazing. Do you guys think it will be rare?

NoKisum

Anyone know if the Animal Crossing amiibos are compatible with the Smash Bros' Villager and Mario Kart suits? Because if so, I can finally quit my search for a Villager amiibo. Would rather have a K.K. Slider one.

I'm really hoping all these new amiibo will be easy to get since they're not in Smash wave. I mean, the entire Super Mario wave is common.

Ugh. I want everything!

willizle02

Neo Member
Anyone know if the Animal Crossing amiibos are compatible with the Smash Bros' Villager and Mario Kart suits? Because if so, I can finally quit my search for a Villager amiibo. Would rather have a K.K. Slider one.

You say that like they're going to be any easier to find.

Ryfferr

Mightyape restocks arrived today, they're perfect! Completing everyone I wanted with everyone from the past waves.

Anyone heard about any preorders of the newly announced amiibo coming up on EB NZ/Aus' databases? They usually put them up like the day/after they're announced. I just want to have them locked down now so I can focus on my exams =p

NoKisum

You say that like they're going to be any easier to find.

Well maybe, considering the Smash Bros. amiibos are the ones that seem to go quick. I've been seeing the Super Mario and Splatoon ones everywhere.

Plus, of a series representative in a collection, I'd rather have K.K. Slider over Villager.

willizle02

Neo Member
Well maybe, considering the Smash Bros. amiibos are the ones that seem to go quick. I've been seeing the Super Mario and Splatoon ones everywhere.

Plus, of a series representative in a collection, I'd rather have K.K. Slider over Villager.

True, but nobody wants the SM line, and splatoon is nintendos huge new game, so they're pushing out more amiibos for it. At least that's what I think. And not that I wouldn't mind the AC line to be super common, but seeing how the smash line was handled keeps me with a very small amount of doubt in the back of my mind. Hopefully that's not the case tho.

As I exceed over 40 of these things, obviously the cute plastic stairs from yesteryear isn't cutting it anymore. What are people using these days to store and display these?

As I exceed over 40 of these things, obviously the cute plastic stairs from yesteryear isn't cutting it anymore. What are people using these days to store and display these?

If you're going the route of releasing them from their packaging, here's my display. I built this case using components from IKEA. This display can hold about 50 amiibo comfortably with the shelves having enough depth to store double that amount (they just won't be very visible which contradicts displaying them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom