• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
4QT42Rl.jpg

My gf surprised me today with this awesome custom she made. :D

I guess she didn't want to wait for the actual yarn yoshis to come out. :lol

best week ever for you? D:

They take em down after they fill all the new orders, I don't know why.
I can guarantee you that they were up a couple times though, I missed the first time by minutes, and second time I got the full order in.

I don't mean to be rude but when there's no report of them ever being up on Reddit or even anywhere else, I just find it hard to believe.

EDIT: Shit, my bad. 5B in Japan is just Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr. and Olimar. If you could take a picture of your order of them, I'll shut up and accept my fate.

cyba89

Hmm, I think I will skip that 8bit Mario Amiibo. That thing just looks dumb when it's not viewed from the correct angle. 2D Mario doesn't work for me as a 3D figure.

IMG_5F00_2341.JPG

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
Wow, Reggie is still shoveling the lies.

He's boasting that Nintendo delivered on improving stock for the latest wave. It was the worst wave yet Reggie, gone in seconds.

...what?

You still had to stand outside stores and get lucky with ness, but 4 was not the worst wave, not even close. There were people who lined up at target to get jiggs, came over and were able to get greninja where I was, and I remember seeing a lot of success stories on here on that release day. It's not perfect but it was a marked improvement.

Boogiepop

...what?

You still had to stand outside stores and get lucky with ness, but 4 was not the worst wave, not even close. There were people who lined up at target to get jiggs, came over and were able to get greninja where I was, and I remember seeing a lot of success stories on here on that release day. It's not perfect but it was a marked improvement.

Up through wave 3 everything was at least up for a bit of time for preorder, except for Rosalina. Wave 4 you were lucky if anything at all was up for a half hour, and seemingly like nothing made it past the first day on shelves. Plus from personal experience the lines were WAY worse for Wave 4 than when I went to the store for Rosalina, and the stock didn't really seem improved, with Robin, Lucina, and Ness being especially bad. It may come down to personal experience, but this wave was by far the worst from what I saw, and I really hope they nail down the remaining releases to at least get them back to the way Wave 3 was where I can at least get in some preorders.

rjinaz

...what?

It was certainly not a marked improvement. You could preorder most of wave 3 for weeks ahead of time. That includes the exclusives except for Rosalina. I mean sure I'll give you Charizard, Wario, and Silver Mario but Robin, Ness, and Lucina were near impossible to get for many. Greninja basically required you to stand in a line because it was only offered online in the middle of the night for like an hour. Ness was never offered online until after the lauch and even then it was only briefly. JigglyPuff wasn't too bad since they opened up more preorders at launch for about 30 mins but there were still people unable to get one. And even those in lines at launch would have had a hard time getting Robin or Lucina because most stores had exactly 2.

Let's not forget the insanity that was Amazon handling preorders where they sold out of the hardest to get amiibo in about 2 seconds.

rjinaz

Wave 4 was the wave that broke everyone.

It's the wave that convinced me to import for now on. It broke me of only wanting to get NA amiibo. I'll still try most likely but I already have one of each from the new wave preordered and some are even on the way to my home while those in NA will be waiting months yet just to play their hand at the NA amiibo lottery that Nintendo holds.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It's the wave that convinced me to import for now on. It broke me of only wanting to get NA amiibo. I'll still try most likely but I already have one of each from the new wave preordered and some are even on the way to my home while those in NA will be waiting months yet just to play their hand at the NA amiibo lottery that Nintendo holds.

Until your Amazon IT order of Olimar/Dr. Mario/Bowser Jr. is cancelled. Imports aren't even safe! ;__;

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
Up through wave 3 everything was at least up for a bit of time for preorder, except for Rosalina. Wave 4 you were lucky if anything at all was up for a half hour, and seemingly like nothing made it past the first day on shelves. Plus from personal experience the lines were WAY worse for Wave 4 than when I went to the store for Rosalina, and the stock didn't really seem improved, with Robin, Lucina, and Ness being especially bad. It may come down to personal experience, but this wave was by far the worst from what I saw, and I really hope they nail down the remaining releases to at least get them back to the way Wave 3 was where I can at least get in some preorders.

It was certainly not a marked improvement. You could preorder most of wave 3 for weeks ahead of time. That includes the exclusives except for Rosalina. I mean sure I'll give you Charizard, Wario, and Silver Mario but Robin, Ness, and Lucina were near impossible to get for many. Greninja basically required you to stand in a line because it was only offered online in the middle of the night for like an hour. Ness was never offered online until after the lauch and even then it was only briefly. JigglyPuff wasn't too bad since they opened up more preorders at launch for about 30 mins but there were still people unable to get one. And even those in lines at launch would have had a hard time getting Robin or Lucina because most stores had exactly 2.

Let's not forget the insanity that was Amazon handling preorders where they sold out of the hardest to get amiibo in about 2 seconds.

I guess the difference was I went to tru and could have gotten all but the other exclusives and I preferred that to showing up with no promise of anything. The tru I was at specifically had at least 6 each of the fe characters and it's not a busy store. Maybe my area lucked out, but friends and others around here had an easier time.

Velcro Fly

I got a Wave 3 preorder cancelled that I had made months in advance. Wave 4 I got everything I ordered, only missing out on Ness because GameStop sucks. I feel like with 4 they were better at cutting off orders when they were out rather than having to cancel thousands of them

rjinaz

I guess the difference was I went to tru and could have gotten all but the other exclusives and I preferred that to showing up with no promise of anything. The tru I was at specifically had at least 6 each of the fe characters and it's not a busy store. Maybe my area lucked out, but friends and others around here had an easier time.

TRU seemed to have better supply than most. But then the nearest TRU from me is over 30 miles. Not too mention I worked the day these things came out. A lot of people don't live in a city with a TRU and they rely on online orders which in that case they were screwed more or less.

Until your Amazon IT order of Olimar/Dr. Mario/Bowser Jr. is cancelled. Imports aren't even safe! ;__;

Ouch. Nothing is safe.

Am_I_Evil

still salty...been attempting to get them to re-instate the order to no avail...

Their reasoning was "because the items you bought are not available at the moment." My argument is that it's a pre-order so of course its not...why does the order need to be cancelled now?

If more "stock" comes up and i miss it i'm going to be HIGHLY annoyed at this cancellation (like i'm not already lol)

HardRojo

I had no idea there were certificates for restocks of some of the unicorns. That's good to know, I want to get Villager, WFT, Pit, Captain Falcon and Rosalina. My wallet is at its limit and there's still September to look forward to lol.

Draxal

I think Nintendo played around with their allocations to stores and TRU got alot more. TRU sells above retail so it's a always a favorite of the manufacturers. TRU also didn't do instore preoders for non Greninja unlike Wave 3, Greninja was only instore preorder for one day, while Lucario and others were up for preorder in the store forever.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Goddamn he's such a fucking shill. I can't believe I used to like the guy. What a tool.

Reggie's biggest problem as a PR man is that he only has one strategy for damage control: blatant lies stated in a condescending, smug manner.

Nintendo of America is still a hapless puppet of NCL in most ways, and that obviously puts any PR face for NoA in a tough position. Reggie's demeanor just rubs salt in fans' wounds however.

Rocky

Banned
Goddamn he's such a fucking shill. I can't believe I used to like the guy. What a tool.

Yeah, he definitely proved that with all his moronic comments this week. He really is a boob. And those amiibo comments just irritated me about the situation all the more. Nintendo delivered!! yeah sure.

shadrach84

Neo Member
Wave 4 was so bad to get the full wave that I'm thinking of just importing from now on to save myself the frustration. Just the fact that he has to comment on the situation proves that there still is a less than dismal supply. If the situation was improving, people would be asking how they fixed the problem, not how they are going to fix it in the future.

It's too bad they made like a million silver Mario

I went in to best buy the other day and they had about 10 sitting there.
I went to GameStop yesterday and I never find anything in there but even they had three Silver Mario hanging up. Other than Toad, I haven't been interested in the Super Mario line but they did make quite the amount of that one.

So we're not happy they made a lot of Silver Mario because we all got Silver Mario and he isn't worth trading or scalping or what? You should be happy they made enough of an Amiibo to meet demand!

Chindogg

So we're not happy they made a lot of Silver Mario because we all got Silver Mario and he isn't worth trading or scalping or what? You should be happy they made enough of an Amiibo to meet demand!

I continue to wonder that because there's so much Silver Mario available that perhaps they did really push on bringing more Amiibo into production, but the secondary market is just so strong that you have outside forces buying them up ASAP as well as collectors, causing yet another shortage.

It's all speculation, but I really am curious if it's because the demand to sell on the secondary market is so insanely strong. Much like how PS3 was in incredible supply but never available for a few months due to people selling them for thousands on ebay. I just remember seeing the trinity in well supply at my local store then disappearing once reports on ebay listings appeared. Hell the rumor of Fox and Samus disappearing basically dried up all my local supplies as well.

I think what it is is that it's surprising that they made enough to meet demand for Silver Mario but not really much else. Gold Mario got the short end of the stick in the Super Mario line and the Smash Bros. series is a rollercoaster of how many of which ones were made. I don't think people are unhappy just more getting tired of guessing which ones they can wait on and which ones they have to be up at all hours of the day to pre-order.

Which even further makes me curious about my theory. Is it really more about reacting to secondary markets than just to increase the overall supply of each Amiibo?

I think what it is is that it's surprising that they made enough to meet demand for Silver Mario but not really much else. Gold Mario got the short end of the stick in the Super Mario line and the Smash Bros. series is a rollercoaster of how many of which ones were made. I don't think people are unhappy just more getting tired of guessing which ones they can wait on and which ones they have to be up at all hours of the day to pre-order.

SaviourMK2

the big 8-bit mario looks expensive, and obnoxious. I'm gonna skip Animal crossing an those 8-bit amiibos.

After Smash i'm losing interest.

I think it's a little more that they put the resources into making 10 million Mario recolors and yet had only about 9 Robins and Lucinas for all of North America. :p

willizle02

Neo Member
I don't mean to be rude but when there's no report of them ever being up on Reddit or even anywhere else, I just find it hard to believe.

EDIT: Shit, my bad. 5B in Japan is just Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr. and Olimar. If you could take a picture of your order of them, I'll shut up and accept my fate.

If that's the case, then I'm also mistaken. I though 5a was just dark pit and palutena, and 5b was zss ganon olimar dr Mario and bowser jr. I DO however have zss and ganon tho, which were originally 5b, but idk how it's going down now. Sorry for any confusion.

Edit: but I DO remember seeing them, I just couldn't afford them at the time. I might have also seen them on Amazon.co.uk, so that might be what I'm remembering.

If that's the case, then I'm also mistaken. I though 5a was just dark pit and palutena, and 5b was zss ganon olimar dr Mario and bowser jr. I DO however have zss and ganon tho, which were originally 5b, but idk how it's going down now. Sorry for any confusion.

Edit: but I DO remember seeing them, I just couldn't afford them at the time. I might have also seen them on Amazon.co.uk, so that might be what I'm remembering.
It's alright. They definitely went up on the European Amazons before, I can tell you that much.

Thoraxes

Actually for me, I tried a new area of stores about 20 minutes away from me and had a significantly better experience this time around. I managed to get a full N. American wave all in the morning by just lining up. If anything it brought my hopes back lol.

But this Palutena D. Pit July feels bad. I'll bet September will be much better.

Christopher

so I finally went out today and just browsed the Amiibo section....

still Peach and Mario everywhere and THAT'S IT. I can't believe how popular they got.

zulux21

so I finally went out today and just browsed the Amiibo section....

still Peach and Mario everywhere and THAT'S IT. I can't believe how popular they got.

i wondered to my local target section recently.
plenty of mario, peach, toad, bowser, luigi, yoshi and diddy.
nothing else that I can recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom