• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
was surprised to see a few Toads on the shelves a couple days ago. I guess they are officially common now.

it's a bit annoying to me that not only are stores still filled with the same Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser amiibo they have been for months, they're filled with both variants of each. Come on!

KingBroly

Banned
was surprised to see a few Toads on the shelves a couple days ago. I guess they are officially common now.

it's a bit annoying to me that not only are stores still filled with the same Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser amiibo they have been for months, they're filled with both variants of each. Come on!

Toad is fairly common from what I've seen. Not everywhere, but definitely a walk-in kind of amiibo.

Going by what Reggie said, I'm guessing there will be PLENTY of amiibo on shelves for what's coming in September. Dark Pit and Palutena though...yeah...

If you've read reddit in the last couple of days, Dark Pit, Palutena, Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr. and Blue Yarn Yoshi are gonna be exclusives. However, Dark Pit may not be a Best Buy exclusive like once thought as it seems to have disappeared from systems there.

I think i'll buy the 8 bit mario, especially if its packaged with the game
im a sucker for 8 bit stuff

no animal crossing unless its a retailer exclusive , to trade for amiibos im missing ;p

zulux21

I think i'll buy the 8 bit mario, especially if its packaged with the game
im a sucker for 8 bit stuff

no animal crossing unless its a retailer exclusive , to trade for amiibos im missing ;p

ill get the 8bit mario if there is a limited bundle for mario maker. otherwise I will likely skip it unless I happen to see the preorders go live lol.

I need to also make some trades for stuff I want and am missing, but my printer just ran out of ink so it will have to hold off until I find a new printer at work.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I've been checking Amazon and Gamestop.com every day since the announcement and nothing for the bundles :( Apparently the Festival bundle WAS spotted for pre-order on Amazon until they took it down.

I dunno what's going on. The woes of an Amiibo collector :(

Velcro Fly

i thought the festival game was free to download but needed amiibo to play

what bundle would they be selling? just all four amiibo?

The Giant

Banned
I just pre ordered Game and Watch, ROB, Duck Hunt, Isabella, Tom Nook, KK Slider and Modern 8 bit Mario.

All from ebgames in australia.

Hmm, I think I will skip that 8bit Mario Amiibo. That thing just looks dumb when it's not viewed from the correct angle. 2D Mario doesn't work for me as a 3D figure.

IMG_5F00_2341.JPG

Haha the unfortunate side affects of pixel art.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
i thought the festival game was free to download but needed amiibo to play

what bundle would they be selling? just all four amiibo?

I'm still figuring out which isn't true: GS.com's listing of their version not having Amiibos in it, or the reps say it's a free game, meaning the only retail version is from the bundle.

I unno :/

Jackano

In a crazy plot twist, Amazon.uk actually shipped my Ganondorf this morning.
First time I get an amiibo online, first order on Amazon UK too.

Just snagged a Silver Mario from a random Best Buy. Wasn't looking for him or anything, as I'm sticking to the Smash series (plus Splatoon, I guess).

Is this rare at all?

Shauni

The ZSS Apocalypse is coming

I honestly think ZSS will be common/uncommon. I know I'm pretty much alone in this, but I think it will surprise people.

the big 8-bit mario looks expensive, and obnoxious. I'm gonna skip Animal crossing an those 8-bit amiibos.

After Smash i'm losing interest.

I am wondering if the 8-bit Marios will be more expensive than the regular amiibo. Was the Yarn Yoshi more than the other amiibos? I know it's quite a bit bigger as well.

Isotope

Lucina arrived in the mail today! I could have sworn I had chosen the cheaper shipping option, but I think I accidentally chose the expressed shipping option. :V

To my surprise, her face looks good (To me at least)!:

LiK

Lucina arrived in the mail today! I could have sworn I had chosen the cheaper shipping option, but I think I accidentally chose the expressed shipping option. :V

That face looks really good

NeonBlack

I'm new to this amiibo hunting business, do these things usually get some type of announcement from sellers when going live? The few times I've seen people find the ones they want are in the middle of the night on Amazon or standing in line in the store.

I just want yarn yoshi. Why does there have to be a meta game to this :(

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I'm new to this amiibo hunting business, do these things usually get some type of announcement from sellers when going live? The few times I've seen people find the ones they want are in the middle of the night on Amazon or standing in line in the store.

I just want yarn yoshi. Why does there have to be a meta game to this :(

You usually don't hear anything except for them going live at 2 AM for three seconds, but Amazon did do a schedule for their Wave 4.

So Wario64 says that GameStop is getting WFT & other "rares" on Wed.? I'm on mobile so can't link, but it's on his Twitter.

Edit:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Wario64/status/613019089930289152?s=09
Ugh, don't know if I'll be able to go out and check then. I was lucky enough to snag a WFT before the amiibopocalypse began but what others could this mean.

That's easily the best face I've seen on a Lucina yet. You got a great one.

Gameboy415

My back-ordered Ness from Amazon UK just shipped! :D

Estimated Delivery Date:
Monday, July 20, 2015

I guess it's coming by paddle-boat? haha

Toki767

My back-ordered Ness from Amazon UK just shipped! :D

Estimated Delivery Date:
Monday, July 20, 2015

I guess it's coming by paddle-boat? haha

Amazon Global Express Shipping is so worth it.

But really though. They use i-Parcel which is a UPS thing. Packages from Europe get stuck in Customs forever. FOREVER.

zdefonte

Neo Member
Yeah, what happened to Amazon UK's shipping? My Wave 4 arrived in 4 days choosing the second fastest shipping (Global Standard). Now, I got an estimate for my Wave 5 to arrive in 3 weeks (same Global Standard shipping option). This is beyond the 5-10 business days delivery that was stated during check out.

Same issue with my Amazon DE order from 5/29; it is still in transit.

Hero

Man I really figured Wario and Charizard would be popping up as uncommon like Sheik and Toon Link were. What the heck!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man I really figured Wario and Charizard would be popping up as uncommon like Sheik and Toon Link were. What the heck!
I know, even Pac-Man, who I figured would be the most common, doesn't seem to be appearing as much. Wave 4 has easily been the rarest so far. Hopefully we'll see more with Dark Pit & Palutena.

LegendX48

Just thought I'd go ahead and post this here:

19068282971_ac4148ec92_z.jpg

Bought them from a friend and they arrived earlier today. Now all I need is Ganondorf and I can quit the amiibo game for good... unless an official Zelda series for Zelda U is announced >_<

zulux21

Just thought I'd go ahead and post this here:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3683/19068282971_ac4148ec92_z.jpg[img]

Bought them from a friend and they arrived earlier today. Now all I need is Ganondorf and I can quit the amiibo game for good... unless an official Zelda series for Zelda U is announced >_<[/QUOTE]

ah not going to get female robin or roy or any of the other FE amiibo announced with FE X megaten :P?

my wallet will cry if they announce a pokemon line as my wife will want every eevee version.

HardRojo

What do you guys recommend to stop buying I don't really want? I have Robin, Lucina and Marth despite my zero interest in the Fire Emblem series. I was also pondering getting Palutena and Dark Pit but I haven't even played the latest Kid Icarus. I think I'm gonna open the ones I'm interested in and maybe sell those I don't actually care about :(

Isotope

What do you guys recommend to stop buying I don't really want? I have Robin, Lucina and Marth despite my zero interest in the Fire Emblem series. I was also pondering getting Palutena and Dark Pit but I haven't even played the latest Kid Icarus. I think I'm gonna open the ones I'm interested in and maybe sell those I don't actually care about :(

Honestly, self-control. While they're nice to have, buying amiibo is a dangerous game, and all those purchases eventually do add up and take a chunk out of your funds. You pretty much just need to know which amiibo you want and which ones you can easily live without, even if said amiibo may be rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom