• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK128

What do you guys recommend to stop buying I don't really want? I have Robin, Lucina and Marth despite my zero interest in the Fire Emblem series. I was also pondering getting Palutena and Dark Pit but I haven't even played the latest Kid Icarus. I think I'm gonna open the ones I'm interested in and maybe sell those I don't actually care about :(

Just get the ones you really want then stop there until you see more that you want. That's what I did, as I only got Pac-Man, Mega Man and Sonic (with plans to pick up a SSB Line Mario) to get the 'gaming icons' collection. Outside of that, not interested in any one else :l.

So, just get the ones you really want, then stop. Amiibo's are very price and just getting three-four of the thing equal the price of a full retail game. Getting ALL of them? About a good 600+ dollars and that is at normal pricing without the scalpers and what not :l.

They are cool to have (really like having Pac-Man, Mega Man and Sonic all sit on my TV; feels nice :D), but its just not worth getting them all. Hope this helps you :).

Erekiddo

I get an e-mail from the Amazon seller who sold me my $24 Ness saying due to a "price mistake", they've cancelled my order.

I'm so pissed off.

Edit: Aaaannnd, Amazon comes to the rescue. They had me order a $40 one that's fulfilled by them and refunded the difference. WHAT. I can't even comprehend.

Piscus

I get an e-mail from the Amazon seller who sold me my $24 Ness saying due to a "price mistake", they've cancelled my order.

I'm so pissed off.

Edit: Aaaannnd, Amazon comes to the rescue. They had me order a $40 one that's fulfilled by them and refunded the difference. WHAT. I can't even comprehend.
Not gonna lie, that's pretty incredible.

Erekiddo

Not gonna lie, that's pretty incredible.

I know that Amazon is pretty generous, and they've done some pretty nice things in the past when bad things happened (Refunded the entire cost of the Bravely Default LE when my box got smashed) but this seems overly generous.

I've had mystery packages show up to my apartment from Amazon that didn't belong to me and I called and returned them. There's gotta be good karma notes on my account somewhere, right? Right? All I know is my fury quickly went to,

well

<--

HardRojo

Honestly, self-control. While they're nice to have, buying amiibo is a dangerous game, and all those purchases eventually do add up and take a chunk out of your funds. You pretty much just need to know which amiibo you want and which ones you can easily live without, even if said amiibo may be rare.

Just get the ones you really want then stop there until you see more that you want. That's what I did, as I only got Pac-Man, Mega Man and Sonic (with plans to pick up a SSB Line Mario) to get the 'gaming icons' collection. Outside of that, not interested in any one else :l.

So, just get the ones you really want, then stop. Amiibo's are very price and just getting three-four of the thing equal the price of a full retail game. Getting ALL of them? About a good 600+ dollars and that is at normal pricing without the scalpers and what not :l.

They are cool to have (really like having Pac-Man, Mega Man and Sonic all sit on my TV; feels nice :D), but its just not worth getting them all. Hope this helps you :).

Yeah, it's even harder when they are more expensive in my country (about $22 per amiibo). I'll go through the complete list this weekend and see which ones I actually want. Pretty sure plenty of them are commons so I don't need to rush.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Have they gone up on any US stores yet?

xmWHwD4.gif

What do you guys recommend to stop buying I don't really want? I have Robin, Lucina and Marth despite my zero interest in the Fire Emblem series. I was also pondering getting Palutena and Dark Pit but I haven't even played the latest Kid Icarus. I think I'm gonna open the ones I'm interested in and maybe sell those I don't actually care about :(

i made it all the way up till wave 5 buying only the ones i wanted problem there was i wanted 90% of them and i was only missing 5 amiibo so i said screw it and just bought them after seeing the pic of the completed smash roster as amiibo :(

I need a toon Link for my zelda collection so this is good news for me. Now if only they'll do a sheik...

Shiek is flooded over here
trade you all of Shiek stock for the ones im missing? :p

someone on r/amiibo said the wii fit trainer restock for gamestop is 1-2 per store
haha get the fuck outta here with that

Hastati

I'd buy your Lucina :O

Does anyone know how much more these $40 dollar Yoshi yarn amiibos cost over the regular price?

link

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think it was Pit, as well.
Oh, already got Pit for free from a friend last week, & got WFT for free for a very kind AmiiboGAF member, so guess I'm set. Trying to decide if I should go in & ask mine if they have any update, though maybe I'll just call.

ZeroCDR

Watching the GameStop WFT inventory tracker arrive and promptly disappear around my area lol.. Good guy Nintendo, 1 per store!

Kandinsky

Man Lucina, Robin, Ness, Wario, Charizard, Greninja and Pacman just arrived (didnt click on Jiggs fast enough) and they all look great, especially the FE characters, I'm shocked. If anything Ness is the worst looking one.

Ugh, I really dropped the ball on Wave 5 and 6 preorders. Just been too busy to keep them on my radar.

I understand they haven't gone up yet in NA. That being said, what's my best option for snagging these?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Watching the GameStop WFT inventory tracker arrive and promptly disappear around my area lol.. Good guy Nintendo, 1 per store!

I had an argument in another topic (that I stopped, because they didn't understand the scope of the problem anyhow...) on how NA is shafted with Amiibos compared to EU, even. EU isn't the best I know, but I always see full shelf photos from around the continent, something we don't get to see here. They don't seem to get the "1 per store" issue we do either. The point the other user said was that since NA "buys 2/3rds of the Amiibo market, NA does not have a problem". There couldn't be anything more far from the truth... Selling lots does NOT mean that demand is satisfied, and most of those going to scalpers, anyways.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a bit depressed now. Seeing Lucina in the title and now finding out that her figma has been delayed by 2 more months.

Horizon in the Middle of Understanding
but I am also salty because she was supposed to arrive with Casshern and Figma Snake

Josh5890

I had an argument in another topic (that I stopped, because they didn't understand the scope of the problem anyhow...) on how NA is shafted with Amiibos compared to EU, even. EU isn't the best I know, but I always see full shelf photos from around the continent, something we don't get to see here. They don't seem to get the "1 per store" issue we do either. The point the other user said was that since NA "buys 2/3rds of the Amiibo market, NA does not have a problem". There couldn't be anything more far from the truth... Selling lots does NOT mean that demand is satisfied, and most of those going to scalpers, anyways.

I think Nintendo has put themselves in a can't win situation with the scarcity.

Lucario

Just impulse bought a loose collection on ebay. Feeling kind of dumb about it, since I already own a lot of the SSB commons, but I got blindsided by the dedede.

in box:
Toad
Silver Mario

loose (Mario Party Collection):
Yoshi
Bowser
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Toad

loose (SSB Collection):
Yoshi
Bowser
Luigi
Mario
Kirby
Sonic
Sheik
Link
Toon Link
Zelda
Inkling Girl
Inkling Boy
Pac-Man
Megaman
Samus
Peach
Donkey Kong
Captain Falcon
King Dedede

$140 shipped. How stupid of a purchase was this on a scale of 1-10?

Josh5890

Just impulse bought a loose collection on ebay. Feeling kind of dumb about it, since I already own a lot of the SSB commons, but I got blindsided by the dedede.

in box:
Toad
Silver Mario

Yoshi
Bowser
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Toad

loose (SSB Collection):
Yoshi
Bowser
Luigi
Mario
Kirby
Sonic
Sheik
Link
Toon Link
Zelda
Inkling Girl
Inkling Boy
Pac-Man
Megaman
Samus
Peach
Donkey Kong
Captain Falcon
King Dedede

If you wanted an open collection then you got away with murder for that price. Good find sir.

rjinaz

in box:
Toad
Silver Mario

Yoshi
Bowser
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Toad

loose (SSB Collection):
Yoshi
Bowser
Luigi
Mario
Kirby
Sonic
Sheik
Link
Toon Link
Zelda
Inkling Girl
Inkling Boy
Pac-Man
Megaman
Samus
Peach
Donkey Kong
Captain Falcon
King Dedede

Not stupid at all. You just bought 27 amiibo for about $5 each. Super deal especially if you needed most of the commons, but still a steal either way and you also get Dedede and Falcon which would easily cost $40 for the two. So really you got 25 amiibo for $100 if you want to look at it that way/

My friend brought over his new Vita and I didn't know the new model was that much better so I was about to buy a new one until I realized how it'd interfere with amiibos. Then I sat down thought about how much of a money sinker these things are and so I've decided:

I'm done collecting every single amiibo. I don't have any regrets with the ones I've already bought (which is every single one that's released as of today) but I have zero interest in both forms of the Animal Crossing amiibos, the Skylander amiibos and the Mario Maker amiibos. I'm definitely not out of the amiibo game for the Smash Bros. series but it's a huge relief both mentally and money wise.

Good luck to anyone still trying to get them all!

bumpkin

My friend brought over his new Vita and I didn't know the new model was that much better so I was about to buy a new one until I realized how it'd interfere with amiibos. Then I sat down thought about how much of a money sinker these things are and so I've decided:

I'm done collecting every single amiibo. I don't have any regrets with the ones I've already bought (which is every single one that's released as of today) but I have zero interest in both forms of the Animal Crossing amiibos, the Skylander amiibos and the Mario Maker amiibos. I'm definitely not out of the amiibo game for the Smash Bros. series but it's a huge relief both mentally and money wise.

I think I'm definitely planning to get all (the rest) of the Smash amiibo and will probably buy at least one of the Mario Maker 8-bit Mario ones, but I'm not getting all of the AC ones. I'll probably only go for the iconic characters I actually like (Tom Nook, Isabelle, and K.K. Slider).

Of course I also said I wasn't going to buy any of the Super Mario series outside of Toad and I have them all. :(

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

YWlvQCU.gif

ZeroCDR

You're absolutely right. NA may have 2/3rds of the market, but it's spread so thin across online retailers and thousands of B&M retail stores.

There are nearly 30 GameStop's within a 25 mile radius of me, it'd be much better for the "restocks" if they only stocked one or two high volume stores in the district. Then you can actually enforce one per customer, and have the district manager present to crack down on employee interference. This restock may as well be "GameStop employees get a chance to buy Wii Fit Trainer today."

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
You're absolutely right. NA may have 2/3rds of the market, but it's spread so thin across online retailers and thousands of B&M retail stores.

There are nearly 30 GameStop's within a 25 mile radius of me, it'd be much better for the "restocks" if they only stocked one or two high volume stores in the district. Then you can actually enforce one per customer, and have the district manager present to crack down on employee interference. This restock may as well be "GameStop employees get a chance to buy Wii Fit Trainer today."

I also hear a lot of people on here saying "I have a TRU x miles away" showing that they aren't even close to one. But totally NA still gets everything and EU gets nothing! (I find myself constantly getting into those arguments too >_>)

Thing about GS workers though, is that I sympathize with them too. I have friends who work there who are BIG Amiibo fans. Problem is, that they have to work on some of those days when they went up for pre-order, and were never able to get them. I can't imagine many even being able to GET a Ness unless they picked up those 2 extras that some stores got in during release day. I mean, if they were working during that nightmarish pre-order day, how else would they of got one?

kirby_fox

Banned

I said I wouldn't get any but smash and still grabbed a toad...And the Splatoon 3 pack...

Getting more of the same character though seems pointless to me though...trying hard not to buy a yarn yoshi or 8 bit Mario.

ZeroCDR

Thing about GS workers though, is that I sympathize with them too. I have friends who work there who are BIG Amiibo fans. Problem is, that they have to work on some of those days when they went up for pre-order, and were never able to get them. I can't imagine many even being able to GET a Ness unless they picked up those 2 extras that some stores got in during release day. I mean, if they were working during that nightmarish pre-order day, how else would they of got one?

I hear you, there's definitely good employees out there and I'm all for a fair way to include them into getting amiibo in these situations. Unfortunately it's tough to separate the employee that is actually a fan vs. the one looking to make a buck on the side, and in the end the customer is supposed to come first at any retailer.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Went to my GS to ask what amiibo they're getting after hearing the reddit rumor of WFT & Pit.

......He said they're getting 3 Sonics sent towards the store. & that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom