• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
awesome, thanks. i use Amazon often enough that i didn't even need the site translated to order them lol

was it me or did it feel weird being able to casually order amiibos without stress?

I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT'S BEEN ALMOST 30 MINUTES AND THEY ARE STILL UP I'M GOING INSANE WHY DID YOU CANCEL MY 5B AMAZON ITALY

xYvrGJW.gif

LiK

The listed price is actually a bit misleading. After I ordered them, it came to 12,21 EURO a pop, which is about $13.64. Plus another $13 or so for slow shipping.

yea, buying all 4 was $48 USD. i chose AmazonGlobal Priority which was like 14 Euros. whatever, better than waiting for NA disappointment

Samaritan

yea, buying all 4 was $48 USD. i chose AmazonGlobal Priority which was like 14 Euros. whatever, better than waiting for NA disappointment

The extra $17 I paid is worth not having to deal with the headache that is pre-ordering these stupid things in the States.

rjinaz

$56 USD for 3 or $18 each. Not a bad markup at all when you consider I have bought amiibo from Gamestop and Target for about the same price after taxes and shipping.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Shiek is flooded over here
trade you all of Shiek stock for the ones im missing? :p

someone on r/amiibo said the wii fit trainer restock for gamestop is 1-2 per store
haha get the fuck outta here with that
Depends on who you need and whether I can find them :p but I'd totally be down for a shiek. Haven't seen one in stores forever if at all.

Piscus

Thanks for the responses! Now, do I cancel my more expensive Australian preorders or wait? What are my chances of the Italian ones getting canceled on ME?

LiK

Thanks for the responses! Now, do I cancel my more expensive Australian preorders or wait? What are my chances of the Italian ones getting canceled on ME?

i would keep them just in case. you have until closer to release date to cancel or end up using them for trades.

rjinaz

I had two AUS orders. I went ahead and canceled one of them and replaced it with this cheaper one. The reason being is that the AUS orders will probably ship out and process next week so there really isn't much time to wait and see anyway. Eh if one gets canceled I'll have half of them anyway which is still better off than I would be waiting on NA preorders.

Piscus

Almost all the EU sites have done 5B, I think. Maybe one or two still haven't. Japan hasn't put 5B up yet. No one has done Wave 6 preorders.

lol North America.

Here's hoping that A) these Italian 5A amiibo don't get canceled, and B) they do another round of 5B preorders, like amazon.it just did with 5A today!

They're still up for preorder... my expectations are dropping.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I placed an order on Amazon.it, but I'm hoping I'll be able to grab these domestically. The exchange rate plus the shipping made it kind of pricey.

Piscus

I placed an order on Amazon.it, but I'm hoping I'll be able to grab these domestically. The exchange rate plus the shipping made it kind of pricey.

Four dollars extra per fig is worth my sanity.

But I agree, domestic obtainment would always be the ideal.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

there is no more hope for NA

this is global warfare

Jawmuncher

Way I see it. I'll gladly play the 18ish per figure with free shipping from Amazon.co.uk as to not deal with the headache of lines and everything else

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

My total came to over $20 per Amiibo, since I only ordered two. If I had an interest in more than two, it'd be a better deal.

rjinaz

Way I see it. I'll gladly play the 18ish per figure with free shipping from Amazon.co.uk as to not deal with the headache of lines and everything else

How'd you get free shipping? My amazon.uk wave 5b order is costing me $23 per amiibo with cheapest shipping and 3 amiibo.

PBalfredo

Holy shit it's a Christmas miracle! GameStop actually had a Lucina to replace the one that got lost in the mail and she just arrived today!

All of the amiibo integration in IS games is suddenly awesome!

Favocado

Yeah, when I calculated how much I'll be paying for each amiibo, I ordered them. Choosing AmazonGlobal Priority, each amiibo comes out to about 18.46 USD. That means I'll be paying 4.32 dollars extra than buying an amiibo at retail here in NY. In my mind, 80% of the time I have to pay subway/bus fare to go to the store selling the amiibo, counting multiple trips for multiple releases, so I'll chalk up the extra 17.28 as travel expenses. Works out for me.

Che meraviglia! Grazie Diggeh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom