• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

doesn't feel worth it since all i need is ZSS

grats to those that are getting them too. seems like people are getting confirmation emails now when they didn't with the others that got cancelled.

willizle02

Neo Member
doesn't feel worth it since all i need is ZSS

grats to those that are getting them too. seems like people are getting confirmation emails now when they didn't with the others that got cancelled.

Same, I just need ganon at this point. I already got everything else. Congrats to everyone else tho!

Drago

Also, when are the Mii Fighters and retro trio scheduled for release in Japan?

Mii Fighters and 8-bit Marios are scheduled for September 10.

I swear that Falco, Mr.G&W, ROB and Duck Hunt were originally scheduled for Sept 10 there as well, I remember seeing that on the official JP amiibo website, but now they're just listed as plain "2015" releases.

Muzy72

Banned
Mii Fighters and 8-bit Marios are scheduled for September 10.

I swear that Falco, Mr.G&W, ROB and Duck Hunt were originally scheduled for Sept 10 there as well, I remember seeing that on the official JP amiibo website, but now they're just listed as plain "2015" releases.
Thanks!

AFAIK Falco doesn't have a release date anywhere, probably because they're holding him for Star Fox: Zero.

LiK

It feels like Silver Mario will end up being bargain bin material. They wasted factory space and time on that instead of the other characters.

dankir

So July is next week, when should I start lining up at Bestbuy to get some.
NA is only getting 2 figures this time right?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So July is next week, when should I start lining up at Bestbuy to get some.
NA is only getting 2 figures this time right?

Nobody knows anything about the July wave except that it's Dark Pit and Palutena. For all we know they could have a new Direct and shove them into the September wave.

YaThs9q.png

Read Best OT pls ;_;

Muzy72

Banned
btw Diggeh, NOA posted an image of their 2015 releases, and in it they confirmed Mewtwo is 2015 while Lucas/Roy/Ryu are 2016. On mobile ATM but it's on their Facebook page I think.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
btw Diggeh, NOA posted an image of their 2015 releases, and in it they confirmed Mewtwo is 2015 while Lucas/Roy/Ryu are 2016. On mobile ATM but it's on their Facebook page I think.

I noticed that timeline release picture! Until we have concrete release dates/months, I think the two announcement images should do for now.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm keeping my eyes peeled!

I usually check Ami once or twice a day for Nendos/Figmas etc. I realized how you have to jump on some of those to pre-order, but not quite as bad as Amiibo. I have yet to see any Amiibo available when I've checked though >_>

NOA's new amiibo strategy will involve barring all online sales for Dark Pit and Palutena and releasing in-stores with no announcement what-so-ever.

GameStop's internal systems go down again, two Targets are burned down, and three people are killed in the sudden stampedes that occur when someone on r/amiibo posts the news. Another 10 amiibogafers quit amiibo forevever. Reggie declares the July wave the biggest success yet.

I really feel like waiting has to bite me in the butt one of these times. I'd rather it be now then best wave, but man, i'm really scared about Dark Pit/Palutena and supplies in NA

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I really feel like waiting has to bite me in the butt one of these times. I'd rather it be now then best wave, but man, i'm really scared about Dark Pit/Palutena and supplies in NA

what supplies Gun

what supplies

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The ones someone in Europe will inevitably destroy somehow : (

Hey, the Yarnmiibo destruction isn't on me! I would never burn perfectly
resellable
adorable Yarn Yoshis! I already pulled off my major heist.

WhI1EYG.png

Insaniac

wow haven't been in this thread for a bit. Has everyone just resorted to importing instead of waiting for unpredictable NA pre orders?

Edit: also is it worth it to check out gamestops this morning for possible WFT reprints?

Robin64

Amazon UK, FR and DE have reprint Villagers in stock for retail price (or very nearly retail price). Not sure if they ship to the US, but if they do, there you go.

willizle02

Neo Member
wow haven't been in this thread for a bit. Has everyone just resorted to importing instead of waiting for unpredictable NA pre orders?

Edit: also is it worth it to check out gamestops this morning for possible WFT reprints?

Honestly, paying an extra $4-5 is totally worth it when you have peace of mind.

kirby_fox

Banned
NOA's new amiibo strategy will involve barring all online sales for Dark Pit and Palutena and releasing in-stores with no announcement what-so-ever.

GameStop's internal systems go down again, two Targets are burned down, and three people are killed in the sudden stampedes that occur when someone on r/amiibo posts the news. Another 10 amiibogafers quit amiibo forevever. Reggie declares the July wave the biggest success yet.

What's bad is that I can see this happening because it's only 2 amiibo.

But supply is super limited, so every store only gets 1 Dark Pit and 2 Palutena. No one notices for weeks because scalpers already bought all of them and no one notices the NA boxes on ebay aren't for preorders.

Now that my Robin and Lucina shipped, I only need Marth and Ike before I'm done. I'll get Ganon once he's out just to complete my LoZ set but that's it until Roy and Ryu come out

rjinaz

beatthebomb.com.au has all of wave 5b. Unfortunately they are too steep of a price for me. They come to about $27 US each shipped.

But I would urge you to do it if you are considering playasia instead at $28. The package will be in English plus they ship them by air (less likely to be damaged) and you'll get them in 4-7 days once shipped.

Piscus

beatthebomb.com.au has all of wave 5b. Unfortunately they are too steep of a price for me. They come to about $27 US each shipped.

But I would urge you to do it if you are considering playasia instead at $28. The package will be in English plus they ship them by air (less likely to be damaged) and you'll get them in 4-7 days once shipped.
Dang, they raised the prices for wave 5 suddenly! That kinda sucks...

Garlador

Got a pre-order in at amazon.it for ZSS, Ganondorf, and Dark Pit.

... Nearing the finish line. I hope, hope, hope Palutena doesn't become a unicorn.

Am_I_Evil

was going to order for piece of mind...but the extra $5 they added since the last wave went up for pre-order is stopping me...

rjinaz

Dang, they raised the prices for wave 5 suddenly! That kinda sucks...

Yeah they used to list them at 22 AUD. I guess now that they have become more popular they are taking advantage which is a shame because it was my go-to place for a while.

The good news is, they will likely put them back up shortly after release at 22 AUD. They did that with the last wave anyway. Jigglypuff is still listed for 22 AUD. So I'm going to keep watching them.

Even more strange is that at one point they would list them as low as 14-18 AUD. Heck that's the price I paid for my 2 Yarn Yoshis (14 AUD) which is one of the reasons I became such a fan. Haven't seen prices like that though for over a month.

Penguin

Sure someone here can help me

Want to buy some boxes to ship off some amiibo, but actually don't know the packaging size and forgot to check before left home.

Anyone have a rough estimate or precise to help out?

bigkrev

Marth and Ness from AmiAmi just shipped, ~4000yen total (because I said fuck it and paid for EMS shipping). God I love this great USD to JPY conversion rate right now! They are maybe 2 dollars more each than I would have paid in a store with sales tax to get them shipped.

Marvie_3

Banned
Sure someone here can help me

Want to buy some boxes to ship off some amiibo, but actually don't know the packaging size and forgot to check before left home.

Anyone have a rough estimate or precise to help out?
I use a 6x6x9 box when I ship them. Gives you enough room for the amiibo plus some padding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom