• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cappa

Banned
I know we're suppose to only post trades in the trade forum but this is just more of an inquiry. I have WFT Trainer, Greninja and a few others, what would people be interested in trading for one of those? I'm really looking for a Yarn Yoshi :/
With the WFT restock and Greninja appearing to be quite common unlikely unless you're doing a 2 for 1 type deal especially since the yarn yoshis are more expensive at msrp to begin with

bumpkin

Speaking of which, is anyone still looking for a Toad? I ended up with an extra and none of my local amiibo brethren are in need of him.

Thoraxes

Seeing pics of these new ones knowing I didn't get any of the EU ones makes my blood pressure rise.

I can feel the pressure of the wait, the struggle.

At least I got Doc and Olimar from the next batch. If these guys go up again on EU sites i'll be all over it.

Adamator

Broke down and imported Ganondorf from Amazon.com. $24 and I had an $11 Gift card, so not too terrible. He is one of the ones from wave 5 I really wanted. ZSS is another but she is just too expensive. May just have to wait for the US release and pray futilely that she isn't hard to get.

Crono27

So I'm all caught up have all yarn yoshi Inc from Italy and already have zero suit,dark put,ganon,paulentina. Just need to preorder bowser jr an dim good tll mario maker and animal crossing

Got dark pit x Ganon just now , from the UK they are in great shape :D

Waiting on zero suit x palutana

For about $22 each I'd say it's a decent price , smh Nintendo of America

rjinaz

Look what arrived today from Australia! Thanks beat the bomb. Lol NoA.

ZmHtCKb.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Screw you NoA. Maybe if all the NA stock wasn't allocated to NWS we wouldn't have to import from now on. How about giving US some of those Villagers, Little Macs, and Shulks?

cPRfA9s.png

Crom

Screw you NoA. Maybe if all the NA stock wasn't allocated to NWS we wouldn't have to import from now on. How about giving US some of those Villagers, Little Macs, and Shulks?

Haven't you heard Nintendo World's new slogan?

"All of they new amiibo are belong to us"

Doesn't say he's exclusive to Best Buy at least. Really hope that he isn't because of all the shipping horror stories I've heard about them.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
IGN talks to Reggie Spins-Amiibo about amiibo

IGN: To some consumers, the retailer-exclusive amiibo have been very frustrating. Is that also part of this resupply?

Fils-Aime: It is. I want to be clear on this: when we do a retailer exclusive, as we resupply, it’s gonna continue to be exclusive with that retailer. That’s a commitment that we’ve made to that business partner. So yes, we’ll be bringing in more of those retail-exclusives over the next number of weeks and months.

IGN: Just a final point on amiibo and consumer frustration: A lot of retailers’ pre-orders were going up at the strangest times. Is Nintendo working to help fix that? No one should be up at two in the morning to pre-order an amiibo.

Fils-Aime: We’ve shared with retailers the things that we’ve seen in terms of consumer frustration. We’ve certainly given them some of our thoughts, but in the end, this is for the retailer to execute. So, I hear your point. Our role as the manufacturer and the IP holder, if you will, is to share that feedback as clearly and directly to our retail partners as we can and we’ve been doing that.

Toki767

So basically. "Nintendo of America is happy to take money from retailers for exclusives. You guys are suckers for putting up with and buying these things."

I don't know if I'm just generally annoyed with Nintendo after the E3 event, but like the way Reggie answers questions it's like asking him "How do you like your steak?" and goes into this long anecdote about the best steak he ever ate and never answers the question.

Ugh!!! He's blaming the retailers? Hey Reggie, how come Nintendo sells amiibos on their website in other regions but not in North America? That would certainly go a long way to solving the supply issues.

Reggie : how do you know what happens in other territories/Nintendo world store?

Honestly I just assume every company still thinks like that , it's 2015, we are connected all over the world

Shauni

So, I realize it's pretty much frowned upon to be anything, but excessively negative about Nintendo and Reggie in general with the subject of amiibos, but uh...he's kind of right? At least in that context. Whenever the pre-orders go up on websites is completely the retailer's decision. Are people not aware of this fact? I thought it was known that retailers control that type of thing.

I understand the topic lends itself to other issues, like the stock shortages and stuff, but I really don't see anything wrong with what he's actually saying there? And I also just assumed that if a figure was retailer exclusive, potential restocks would stay exclusive. I don't get the issue with anything he really says there.

G0523

I got my Palutena and Ganondorf amiibo from Amazon UK today! ^^ So happy! I wasn't expecting these until July!

Ganondorf looks great but Palutena got dem sausage fingers going on. And her staff and right hand are one object. Lol. Still happy I have it!

And my Zero Suit Samus and Dark Pit amiibo are on their way as well! This was a good haul!

Velcro Fly

Retailer exclusives wouldn't suck if they actually restocked them ever.

Not standing outside a store for hours before they open ever. Will snag from Japan or Europe.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
See, there's plenty of stock for NA. Argument WASTED. MYTH BUSTED.

NoA why

Yeah looks like NoA was right all along. We DID get well stocked with rare ones! Finally, everyone in the continent can be happy with their Villagers, Cap Falcons etc that they couldn't get before!

RK128

Wow.....so Nintendo World got a massive re-stock on the rarer Amiibo :).

I guess those reports were right; there WAS a new shipment of Amiibo, it was just that the first 'wave' of this re-stock is starting with Nintendo World then moving on-to the other retailers afterwards.

This is great news, as those Amiibo are the very, very rare ones, so its great more people can get there hands on them :D.

And with reports of GameStops getting a re-stock of the more common ones, this must mean that Nintendo is finally getting a handle of the stocking issue with the Amiibo. Just hope they can keep it up; if they become common in stores, then stock issues should be gone at some point in the future :).

backlot

I guess those reports were right; there WAS a new shipment of Amiibo, it was just that the first 'wave' of this re-stock is starting with Nintendo World then moving on-to the other retailers afterwards.

This is great news, as those Amiibo are the very, very rare ones, so its great more people can get there hands on them :D.

And with reports of GameStops getting a re-stock of the more common ones, this must mean that Nintendo is finally getting a handle of the stocking issue with the Amiibo. Just hope they can keep it up; if they become common in stores, then stock issues should be gone at some point in the future :).

Those are some mighty assumptions you've just made.

RK128

Those are some mighty assumptions you've just made.

.....Not going to happen, huh :(.

Oh well, just hoped that Nintendo would do something right with the thing that is making them a lot of money :l.

Just happy for the people able to get the ones they really want from Nintendo World :).

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

No, no, that's...no, you don't...guys, do we tell him that's all of NA's stock or do we let him believe in a tiny flicker of hope?

Toki767

Oh well, just hoped that Nintendo would do something right with the thing that is making them a lot of money :l.

Just happy for the people able to get the ones they really want from Nintendo World :).

You mean the scalpers hoping to sell more rares?

RK128

No, no, that's...no, you don't...guys, do we tell him that's all of NA's stock or do we let him believe in a tiny flicker of hope?

If that's all of NA's stock, than that is really sad :l.

Oh well, its nice that more are coming to NA in some fashion at least :).

You mean the scalpers hoping to sell more rares?

I wonder if Nintendo gets a cut from the scalpers prices......

rjinaz

Unfortunately this isn't really new. Nintendo World Store has been getting some of the rare amiibo for months. That's not to say some rares didn't make it to stores like Marth and Metaknight but it was hardly a hardy restocking and almost non-existent online.

Those pics haha :/ :( :mad:

It's funny people on reddit amiibo defending NWS saying they would have like 5-10 of each
Looks like 34574465745 to me

Resellers already listing villager for $100 lol

Drago

I got my Palutena and Ganondorf amiibo from Amazon UK today! ^^ So happy! I wasn't expecting these until July!
Were yours shipped through i-parcel or through something else?

I got i-parcel and I have a feeling I'll be waiting a while. I wish they used UPS again like they did for Wave 4.

Went to 8 stores to find Yarn Yoshis. No luck.

Not because they're not supposed to be out until today. Because it's already sold out everywhere. Some stores already had them on sale as early as fucking monday.

The thing that really pissed me off though is in the mall closest to my house. I missed them by a few minutes. The "general store" (like Walmart) had received a healthy stock of Yoshis and put them on sale. One guy bought them all at once : the fucking Micromania (Gamestop) manager, to put them all in his store in the same mall, and sell them at a higher price (15 € instead of 13 €)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom