• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0523

Were yours shipped through i-parcel or through something else?

I got i-parcel and I have a feeling I'll be waiting a while. I wish they used UPS again like they did for Wave 4.

Honestly, I don't know. I just got it in with my regular USPS mail. The order said it was supposed to be delivered by July 13th so I was expecting it then instead of today.

Bulbasaur

Banned
It's been fun but I am officially getting off the amiibo train. I got my smash mains and I got a gold Mario. God I hope they don't bring out anything else I want.

image_6.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It's been fun but I am officially getting off the amiibo train. I got my smash mains and I got a gold Mario. God I hope they don't bring out anything else I want.

image_6.jpg

r9PWYgo.gif

you ain't goin' anywhere son the ride never ends the ride never ends the ride never ends the ride never ends the ride never ends the ride never ends the ride never ends the ride never ends

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Went to 8 stores to find Yarn Yoshis. No luck.

Not because they're not supposed to be out until today. Because it's already sold out everywhere. Some stores already had them on sale as early as fucking monday.

The thing that really pissed me off though is in the mall closest to my house. I missed them by a few minutes. The "general store" (like Walmart) had received a healthy stock of Yoshis and put them on sale. One guy bought them all at once : the fucking Micromania (Gamestop) manager, to put them all in his store in the same mall, and sell them at a higher price (15 € instead of 13 €)
Bugger. I'm in a store right now and have 3 green yoshis staring at me. Also found a lucario. Cool.
Edit: also got a toad and sonic. Fml

Velcro Fly

So Dark Pit is showing up as coming soon at bestbuy.com, is he an exclusive there then?

Could mean that. Could also mean Palutena is exclusive somewhere too since she isn't up there. It's been rumored that he would be. Who knows at this point. You'd think Nintendo would announce something about it at E3 but all they did was just announce new ones with no set release or anything.

Xamdou

Could mean that. Could also mean Palutena is exclusive somewhere too since she isn't up there. It's been rumored that he would be. Who knows at this point. You'd think Nintendo would announce something about it at E3 but all they did was just announce new ones with no set release or anything.

So Dark Pit and Palutena are the only two amiibos being released in the US as part of Wave 5. Wave 6 is a gigantic wave which I don't even know how amiibro gaf will handle.

ace_of_space

Neo Member

Nintendo being Nintendo. Literally no information other than "lol July"

So my summer classes are almost over and now I can come back again to see how the madness is going so... hi guys, what news from the mark?

Velcro Fly

So Dark Pit and Palutena are the only two amiibos being released in the US as part of Wave 5A.

Yep those two are 5A coming next month sometime

The others (ZSS, Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, Olimar, Bowser Jr.) are coming in September in NA and July for the rest of the world.

oh man pit was going on and off on amazon? why no one gave a heads up on line? :( ah well, damn tho Nintendo World, if the lines weren't so insane I'd go and get me a little mac and pit.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I'm after a yarn yoshi. I have greninja, WFT, toon link, mega man. I could probably find something else
I've only seen those 3 green ones in store so far. I could go back and check this weekend though I don't know if they'll still be around.
Also I'm in Australia. Also also idk what else I'm looking for. Maybe a sheik or toon link but I hear toon link is getting a restocking here soon...

Amazon.it shipped my Ganondorf, Palutena, Dark Pit and ZSS this morning as well as the yarn Yoshi shipping earlier in the from amazon.de.

I'm curious as to why NA gets shafted with preorders and late-to-the-party releases.

KingBroly

Banned
so we still have no idea on possible exclusives for wave 5?

Going by listings...
- Dark Pit (Best Buy)
- Palutena
- Dr. Mario
- Bowser Jr.
- Blue Yarn Yoshi

All retail exclusive. Nothing official yet, but that's what we've been led to believe thus far. No word on Duck Hunt, G & W or R.O.B., though.

Armaly

I might just do the 2 hour drive to NYC and check out the Nintendo World store. Never been there before. Also might hit up that bakery that makes the best cookies in new york. Getting my paycheck yesterday only made it even more tempting.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Any possible way of getting Lucina, Ike, Marth and Robin Amiibos still? Without shelling out an arm and a leg anyway.

I've only seen those 3 green ones in store so far. I could go back and check this weekend though I don't know if they'll still be around.
Also I'm in Australia. Also also idk what else I'm looking for. Maybe a sheik or toon link but I hear toon link is getting a restocking here soon...

I have a toon link on hand that I could trade. Or I could get my hands on sheik, I know a store around here that has that one. If you do t mind checking that would be awesome

backlot

Going by listings...
- Dark Pit (Best Buy)
- Palutena
- Dr. Mario
- Bowser Jr.
- Blue Yarn Yoshi

All retail exclusive. Nothing official yet, but that's what we've been led to believe thus far. No word on Duck Hunt, G & W or R.O.B., though.
Wait, blue Yoshi will be retailer exclusive? Damn, that's the one I want.

G0523

Hmm, I just got charged from YesAsia. But I haven't received any emails from them about the Ness amiibo I preordered. Hmmm...

Mathi

Amazon delivered my Yarn Yoshis today! I also went to the store to look for Ganondorf and maybe Dark Pit, but then I somehow descended into madness and ended up with this:

The Yoshis are absolutely adorable. Whenever I think that getting into amiibos was mistake and that they're nothing but trash, I just look at them and they melt my icy heart.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon delivered my Yarn Yoshis today! I also went to the store to look for Ganondorf and maybe Dark Pit, but then I somehow descended into madness and ended up with this:

The Yoshis are absolutely adorable. Whenever I think that getting into amiibos was mistake and that they're nothing but trash, I just look at them and they melt my icy heart.

image.php

rjinaz

Any possible way of getting Lucina, Ike, Marth and Robin Amiibos still? Without shelling out an arm and a leg anyway.

Marth and Ike can be imported for relatively cheap. $22-24 usually. The others you can import too but the prices are $25-$30. Check prices on ebay and Amazon.

My Fiance and I went to pick up her Dark Pit preorder...we left with Dark Pit, Palutena, Ganondorf, Little Mac, Zero Suit Samus, Charizard and Bowser. I'll take some pics later of the updated collection. Surprised Little Mac's been reprinted.

KingBroly

Banned
So while my Amazon Italy Dark Pit/Palutena order has shipped, NOA has still done jack all to announce when they'll release here and where.

Oh, and no pre-orders anywhere for anything because NOA is like 'lolfuckthat.' It sucks living in America if you're a Nintendo fan.

Toki767

Hnnnnnggggggg.... God, I WANT THEM NOW! :(

I know I could import, but it's hard justifying the extra 5-10 dollars for the amiibo plus 10-15 dollars for shipping just to not have to wait a few lousy (agonizing) months.

That seems like pretty easy justification to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom