• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got Ganondorf , Zero Suit Samus , Dark Pit and Palutena yesterday. No Yarn Yoshi sadly.
And Ness Robin and Lucina from Amazon this week.

ace_of_space

Neo Member
Glad to see my amazon.it order has been shipped out!! I wasn't really expecting anything and I was worried it would get canceled, but here we are. ZSS, Ganondorf, Dark Pit, Palutena down!

I will probably still try and get a US Palutena/Dark Pit for my brother who insists on US packaging.

TheGrue

Hnnnnnggggggg.... God, I WANT THEM NOW! :(

I know I could import, but it's hard justifying the extra 5-10 dollars for the amiibo plus 10-15 dollars for shipping just to not have to wait a few lousy (agonizing) months.

Yeah, this is me as well. I won't pay more than normal U.S. retail prices for these. Worked for me so far as I have everything released. I'm being stubborn and refusing to import because I don't want to overpay.

Crom

Yeah, this is me as well. I won't pay more than normal U.S. retail prices for these. Worked for me so far as I have everything released. I'm being stubborn and refusing to import because I don't want to overpay.

That has been my deal for the most part (even though I have bought a few from overseas and have traded for some EU versions with some nice GAFers)

I think I am going to break down and be more on top of the EU amiibos and start preordering just to be safe. I know I missed out on a lot of opportunities already but hopefully more will arise.

Woah. Got my Palutena and ZSS from Amazon UK when they said it wouldn't be here until July 13th.

Box was a little smooshed, and when I opened it up Palutena's was a little bent over, but it looks good now. ZSS looks really good.

I emailed Amazon.uk, but I don't think they'll be able to change my shipping address since the package has now left. It's being shipped via some carrier named ASENDIA. Anyone have any experience with them? Do they do a handoff to a local carrier like FedEX, UPS, or USPS? I just hope it doesn't get stolen when delivered.

Pizza

Man no news on the September wave preorders is a huge bummer. I want the majority of them :/

Oh well.

Duck Hunt, Falco, Rob, G&W, Olimar, Bowser Jr, Kk Slider, Tom Nook and 30th Anniversary Mario are all ones Id like to have.

And any dlc smash fighters once they're available. Unfortunately I like them all!

Getting Lucina, Fox, and Jigglypuff at some point would also be really great, and I'd like Ganondorf mainly for his hyrule warriors functionality.

At least I got a splatoon squid! <3

Honestly in 20 years I'll have these silly toys in a nice glass case and I'll probably be glad I went through this trouble, lol.

KingBroly

Banned
I named my Zero Suit Samus amiibo "Crawler." It fits, I think.

Anyway, currently trying to get it to level 50 through 8-player Amiibo Smash!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
He was at the NWS and promptly sold out. Why would the rest of NA deserve a reprint?

:(

Yup, only NYC is allowed to get cool stuff. Don't live in NYC? Well screw you because that's the only place in America (that's not Seattle area) as far as Nintendo's concerned!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, only NYC is allowed to get cool stuff. Don't live in NYC? Well screw you because that's the only place in America (that's not Seattle area) as far as Nintendo's concerned!

&#65328;&#65324;&#65317;&#65313;&#65331;&#65317; &#65333;&#65326;&#65316;&#65317;&#65330;&#65331;&#65332;&#65313;&#65326;&#65316;

Samaritan

It's just like Tokyo! 1/3rd of the country's population lives there! Right? Right......?

73vAWjj.jpg

Here's my updated collection, just got Yarn Yoshi and a friend of mine was kind enough to gift me a Ness which should be arriving shortly :)

Nice collection im waiting till july to post my updated one as by then i will have my Olimar, Bowser jr, dr mario, and my 3 yarn yoshi's from japan :)

InkoMint

Neo Member
Finally, my register went through! Glad to be able to reply now! Husband is on here usually scouting for me, now I can communicate! :)

And yes, I know I'm very much in the hole and will never return...

Renewed

Finally, my register went through! Glad to be able to reply now! Husband is on here usually scouting for me, now I can communicate! :)

And yes, I know I'm very much in the hole and will never return...

Well as long as you know this.... Enjoy your stay!

G0523

So it turns out that my YesAsia order for the Ness amiibo did in fact go through! I got charged for the order and I received an email from them yesterday!

Dear YesAsia Customer,

Thank you for shopping at YesAsia.com!

Your order was successfully shipped on June 27, 2015, and you should be receiving it shortly. Thank you again for shopping with us, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Considering the estimated shipping date was August 1 this is a great surprise! I can't wait to add him to my collection!

sphinx

the piano man
out of curiosity I went to the US amazon site and wtf... every seller ships from Japan. Are american amiibos really THAT rare?? I don't understand.

here in Germany we got wave 5 yesterday and everything is fine, we have a reprint of Rosalina, DDD and Little Mac, plenty of those now.

out of wave 5 only ZSS wasn't readily available. Only one Ganondorf (that I bought lol), a couple Palutenas and 2 Dark Pits.

is the situation in the USA still as bad like in March/April? or maybe even worse??

amazon.de has all amibos at a reasonable Price, nothing above 30 euros, (excluding the new Yoshi stuff that's gonna be damn fucking rare)

Zechs

I was looking for the trade thread as I thought there was a dedicated Amiibo one but didnt find it :/

Anyway. I have an extra Jiggly which came in the mail. The only one I am missing is Gold Mario. I have one on order for $30 from a "scalper" but I'd much rather trade an Amiibro here. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

Edit: Found it! Sorry guys!

Toki767

out of curiosity I went to the US amazon site and wtf... every seller ships from Japan. Are american amiibos really THAT rare?? I don't understand.

here in Germany we got wave 5 yesterday and everything is fine, we have a reprint of Rosalina, DDD and Little Mac, plenty of those now.

out of wave 5 only ZSS wasn't readily available. Only one Ganondorf (that I bought lol), a couple Palutenas and 2 Dark Pits.

is the situation in the USA still as bad like in March/April? or maybe even worse??

amazon.de has all amibos at a reasonable Price, nothing above 30 euros, (excluding the new Yoshi stuff that's gonna be damn fucking rare)
Anything that isn't Mario/Luigi/Bowser/Peach/Yoshi/Link/Zelda/Pikachu are basically gone after a day of being on shelves.

It doesn't help that a lot of people are still trying to scalp these.

sphinx

the piano man
Anything that isn't Mario/Luigi/Bowser/Peach/Yoshi/Link/Zelda/Pikachu are basically gone after a day of being on shelves.

It doesn't help that a lot of people are still trying to scalp these.

so it really is as bad as before? still no reprint of anything? still having trouble with villagers, WFT and Marths??

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
so it really is as bad as before? still no reprint of anything? still having trouble with villagers, WFT and Marths??

You can get Villager, WFT, and Marth from Japanese sellers on Amazon now for less than $30 shipped. Things are only truly horrible for in-box collectors who need everything from a particular region.

Toki767

Marth and Wii Fit Trainer reprints amounted to them going up on Amazon for a minute at a time sporadically and Gamestop having 0-1 each per store.

Villager has only been seen at the Nintendo World Store which is the only store in the US that isn't getting stock issues.

You can get Villager, WFT, and Marth from Japanese sellers on Amazon now for less than $30 shipped. Things are only truly horrible for in-box collectors who need everything from a particular region.
He asked about the retail situation, not how hard it is to order from 3rd party sellers.

je_ssi e

How fast generally is play-asia shipping? I just want to have a rough idea of when my Ness should be arriving.
The Jigglypuff I ordered was shipped out May 27th and arrived June 1st.
I'm midwest and used EMS. I have nooo idea how fast/slow they are with their regular shipping if that's what you used.

sphinx

the piano man

still sucks big time, the figure is not even from your region and you pay double of what you should.

Marth and Wii Fit Trainer reprints amounted to them going up on Amazon for a minute at a time sporadically and Gamestop having 0-1 each per store.

Villager has only been seen at the Nintendo World Store which is the only store in the US that isn't getting stock issues.

that's awful.

I really have to wonder how's the situation in Latinamerica.

I mean, if NOA can't find stock for the US, then I can't think any amiibo other than the main ones make it into countries like Guatemala, Costa Rica and similars.

Toki767

The Jigglypuff I ordered was shipped out May 27th and arrived June 1st.
I'm midwest and used EMS. I have nooo idea how fast/slow they are with their regular shipping if that's what you used.
SAL which is the slowest shipping option takes anywhere from 2 weeks to a month because it's sent by boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom