• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
ztM6qTw.png

Thanks Amazon UK!

Thanks for nothing NoA.

Well I didn't expect that
Just walked into a toys r us and they had 2 Pits just sitting on the shelf , intended to see if they got the metroid jakks thing

My bro and I bought 1 each , that's how amiibos should be , stupid NoA

Marvie_3

Banned
Well I didn't expect that
Just walked into a toys r us and they had 2 Pits just sitting on the shelf , intended to see if they got the metroid jakks thing

My bro and I bought 1 each , that's how amiibos should be , stupid NoA

Sold out? :p

NOA really needs to do something about supply though. I'm just going to start importing. Saves so much hassle.

Also, check your PMs. :D

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
How come we didnt get a LINE notification about WFT on Gamestop? Why have you forsaken us Diggeh!

Why did you not join the W1-3 group when I invited you? You've been pending for a while. :(

Since we are on the subject lets get some thoughts on how each wave of amiibo went for everyone.

Wave 1
Hearing about stock levels from my friend who works at TRU made me a little uneasy, but I was confident I'd get what I wanted. I went to TRU on launch and picked up Dong, Marth and Villager (then of course i had to hunt at Best Buy for the Smash GC controller and adapter.

Over the course of the next couple weeks, I started buying some of the other characters, especially after it looked like stores were selling out and even more so when the panic set onto the fandom when Marth, Wii Fit and Villager were not getting restocked. I nabbed everyone eventually, some on sales, other at full price. I wasn't happy it had to go that way because I was hoping I'd be able to buy these at my pace and get other stuff on sales. Oh what little I knew.

Wave 2
Wave 2 was a little risky. I was hoping to preorder but the fun began when i found everything sold out. I picked up Weegee, Zelda and Diddy when I saw them and was extremely lucky in finding Pit and Mac on Gamestop's site on Christmas Day, and then Falcon on TRU's site I think the day after.

Wave 3
Ike, Dedede, Sanic, Mega and Shulk were all preordered at Gamestop. Unfortunately for me, I preordered after the fact and ended up not being able to get Ike and DDD. Rosie I waited in line for and managed to get a few extras (one for a friend who was working, one for me for trade fodder). The extra Rosie and a Mega I got from my preorder I ended up using as trade fodder to get a Euro Ike and DDD from an awesome user on reddit. Meta I also got at launch when waiting in line, plus the Mega for my own collection. Bowser, Took Link and Shiek were all pretty easy for the most part, Shiek I ended up getting another as well for a reduced price because of TRU's sales. Lucario i was SoL on, but thankfully my friend at TRU managed to secure one for me from her own preorder...but she still hasn't sent it to me lol.

Wave 4
Gamestop I got my preorders in for Robin, Lucina, Splatoon 3 pack, and Ness thankfully. Wario, Charizard and Pac were all that was left, and I really should have just saved the headache and bought them in the bundle, but I didn't. Wario I ended up seeing on walmart's website and ordered, Jiggs I managed to get as well. Greninja, Pac and Charizard I was able to get at TRU along with an extra Silver Mario. Target I got lucky and nabbed a decent Jiggly at plus Silver; the Jiggs I ordered I ended up opening because his box was damaged, and I kept the other for trade fodder.

I'm 37/whatever. Also managed to get Gold Mario, and I have Toad too. Trying to get the regular MP guys, but waiting for a sale for now I think.

This thread, plus LINE really saved my butt a lot of times so for that, I thank everyone.
[Pics] [Moar]
(Splatoon pack, i opened up the bottom to take off those damn stickers so I could play through the box. I really liked the design of the three pack and it seemed a shame to open them and throw it away.)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
7J0PM8Q.png

Vote Diggeh for President! I promise you ample amiibo stock and I will force Nintendo to sell all those awesome CN Star Catalog awards.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Or you can be like me & import the PS3 version.....I still do wish I could read all the text/dialogue.

But to get back on topic, do you think Sega, Capcom, & Namco agreed to so many games allowing Nintendo to use said amiibo? It's really neat being able to use them in games such as Mario Kart 8 & Yoshi's Woolly World. Makes me hopeful they might continue allowing them in the future. Hell, makes me wonder if Ryu could be used in such games.

So amiibo gaf i just traded my club nintendo gold nunchuck and my zelda wiimote for Shulk, Lucario, Wii Fit Trainer, and a Ganondorf im a very happy person right now :)

Thanks for the replies guys! Might look for the other guys on amazon as well. Love the Fire Emblem designs eventhough I never played those games:)

Piscus

Just gonna throw this out there again: do any amiibros or amiisisters need NA Greninja, Lucario, Robin, Lucina, or Pit? I'd love to trade for any region Ness, but I realize that dream may be dead. So I'm willing to sell them straight to anyone in need, too. Let me know via PM if I can be of service.
(I'm in the US.)

Just gonna throw this out there again: do any amiibros or amiisisters need NA Greninja, Lucario, Robin, Lucina, or Pit? I'd love to trade for any region Ness, but I realize that dream may be dead. So I'm willing to sell them straight to anyone in need, too. Let me know via PM if I can be of service.
(I'm in the US.)

I would love to buy a Robin and Lucina. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom