• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Am_I_Evil

received my Little Mac from amazon.it today...and now i'm freaking out because after i took him out of the box and took a picture, made/ate lunch...he seems to have vanished...

wtf did i do? lol

Edit: found it lol...scary for a second...

Shadoron

What's in the bundle, though? They can't seriously be charging $60 for a two amiibo and a few (packs of?) cards; especially when the game itself is going to be free to download.

I just hope whichever characters are in the bundle, you can also just buy separately.

The bundle comes with the game (which is free), two Amiibos (Isabelle and Digby... no clue if either will be exclusive to the bundle), and one pack of three random Animal Crossing Amiibo Cards.

Based on the prices of the items in the pack, I'm wondering if that is just a placeholder price for now? Walmart and Best Buy both listed the bundle for $59.99, with no release date. Hopefully it'll update to something more reasonable down the road.

G0523

What's in the bundle, though? They can't seriously be charging $60 for a two amiibo and a few (packs of?) cards; especially when the game itself is going to be free to download.

Was that ever confirmed by Nintendo that the game itself is free-to-play? All I read were rumors.

Shoyz

Once again, we still *really* don't know for sure if it IS a bundle. That's been listed on Best Buy since last week so it's been up for a while and has not been taken down yet.

Nothing is still really detailed or official with it yet.

I don't know why anybody is taking 'free to play' as gospel. It was literally one guy on twitter with no source.

But the bundle? Nintendo's official twitter stated "#ACamiiboFestival will come packaged with two amiibo figures and three Animal Crossing amiibo cards."

Amazon originally had listed both a standalone and 'Bundle' version of Amiibo Festival just after E3, with only the standalone version open for preorder for $60. Later on, the standalone was removed and preexisting orders were converted to the bundle (still not for sale however).

IIRC, GameStop's listing for Amiibo Festival specifically stated that it did not include Amiibo originally, but was updated listing that it does include 2 figures and 3 cards. $60, also not for preorder yet.

Best Buy has yet to update their listing but it's nothing less than definitive that it's releasing as only a bundle (which is unsurprising; it would obviously be a very strange precedent for them to sell a retail game, by itself, which cannot function whatsoever without amiibo). They haven't confirmed the cost (if any) but personally, I see $60 for the bundle sticking myself.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know why anybody is taking 'free to play' as gospel. It was literally one guy on twitter with no source.

But the bundle? Nintendo's official twitter stated "#ACamiiboFestival will come packaged with two amiibo figures and three Animal Crossing amiibo cards."

Amazon originally had listed both a standalone and 'Bundle' version of Amiibo Festival just after E3, with only the standalone version open for preorder for $60. Later on, the standalone was removed and preexisting orders were converted to the bundle (still not for sale however).

IIRC, GameStop's listing for Amiibo Festival specifically stated that it did not include Amiibo originally, but was updated listing that it does include 2 figures and 3 cards. $60, also not for preorder yet.

Best Buy has yet to update their listing but it's nothing less than definitive that it's releasing as only a bundle (which is unsurprising; it would obviously be a very strange precedent for them to sell a retail game, by itself, which cannot function whatsoever without amiibo). They haven't confirmed the cost (if any) but personally, I see $60 for the bundle sticking myself.

Thank you for this break down!! I mean I'm sure the listings ARE for the bundle, but with every retailing saying or doing something different and the whole E3 rep talk, it's a VERY confusing situation and one where we kind of need Nintendo's verification on all of it. There's nothing wrong with doing a temp pre-order, just in case, which I did as well since you can't even get them on Amazon/GS.com right now.

Bad enough with Nintendo on the whole Devil's Third/Fatal Frame V situation >_> Then there's this. STILL waiting for Chibi-Robo bundle and debating on the Animal Crossing 3DS bundle (if it comes back) since there were slight hints with New 3DS coming to NA (the smaller size).

Not the worst price. If you're missing some FE people, Amazon DE has Lucina, Robin, and Ike in stock. Ordering all three with AmazonGlobal Standard is ~$19.22 per amiibo.

Thanks for this. Ive got Ike on the way now!

Robin and Lucina didn't work though and my phone wasn't translating anything for some reason, so I don't know why. Haha.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Shows up as $30~ for me, maybe ordering more than 1 gets you free shipping, but Ike is all I need.

You don't get free shipping. You use AmazonGlobal for best shipping and order three or more amiibo for the best value. Ordering alone is $30 and expensive as heck, but with three it's about $19 each including shipping.

You don't get free shipping. You use AmazonGlobal for best shipping and order three or more amiibo for the best value. Ordering alone is $30 and expensive as heck, but with three it's about $19 each including shipping.

Robin and lucina must be sold out from actual amazon yeah?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
As an Animal Crossing update, Gamestop has updated their page with details and a stock photo that it IS the bundle.

Ok. Is it coming back in stock to be able to pre-order, then?

As an Animal Crossing update, Gamestop has updated their page with details and a stock photo that it IS the bundle.

Ok. Is it coming back in stock to be able to pre-order, then?
Wait, was the bundle up for pre-order and now it's gone or did they now put this up with no option to pre-order yet?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, was the bundle up for pre-order and now it's gone or did they now put this up with no option to pre-order yet?

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing it available for like maybe a day and then they pulled it. Some say they saw the same with the Amazon listing. It's Amiibo, so who freaken knows :/ Pretty sure I also saw the Animal Crossing NFC bundle listed on GS.com on the first day too, with it completely delisted now. Amazon just doesn't have it available.

I throw my hands up in the air because ugh...

YAS! Got me a Pit finally! Thanks bunches.

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing it available for like maybe a day and then they pulled it. Some say they saw the same with the Amazon listing. It's Amiibo, so who freaken knows :/ Pretty sure I also saw the Animal Crossing NFC bundle listed on GS.com on the first day too, with it completely delisted now. Amazon just doesn't have it available.

I throw my hands up in the air because ugh...
Great. A game that had a lukewarm to negative reaction is, of course, going to be difficult because it comes with amiibos and people that have no interest in the game itself are going to nab it because we don't know if those two will be sold outside of he bundle.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I think ima start getting my amiibos overseas just like you guys do, get them in bulk tho that way i don't spend so much in shipping.

image.php
image.php
image.php

My boy Prinny has seen the light! High five!

I think ima start getting my amiibos overseas just like you guys do, get them in bulk tho that way i don't spend so much in shipping.

I'm leaning this way as well. Is it bad that I'm too lazy to set up a forwarding service like tensa or something? Laziness + Amiibo hunting is not faring well.

Jetku

My future daughter, due September 5th, got her first amiibo today!!

68DZAhg.jpg

Imported from Amazon UK to the US When they first went up. It was ~28 total.

I opened it up and it's more adorable than pictures have shown. Also much smaller. Slightly shorter than Robin.

Piscus

My future daughter, due September 5th, got her first amiibo today!!

68DZAhg.jpg

Imported from Amazon UK to the US When they first went up. It was ~28 total.

I opened it up and it's more adorable than pictures have shown. Also much smaller. Slightly shorter than Robin.
Congrats champ! I have a few kids I'd like to have someday myself...

Pizza

Nah you'd actually have a good chance , people go for the tvs x computers x toys x movies first , games last

Bring it on for Black Friday ;)

But you *know* that they won't be holding people to 1 toy per customer in the midst of that chaos so you'll have the one guy beeline there and just sweep the whole shelf into his cart.

I hope it's not a mess though! I really really do. it'd be so nice

Velcro Fly

I come in this thread and see links and the adrenaline starts flowing and then I realize they are ones I already own so I can relax.

Piscus

I come in this thread and see links and the adrenaline starts flowing and then I realize they are ones I already own so I can relax.

Embrace the adrenaline. You're gonna need it, soon enough.

Of course, silky already knows that better than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom