• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty good. Be sure to set an alarm for the Marth release. By the way, target has a tendency to put things up around 3am. So be on the look out. Didn't they have like 38 Greninja? That's pretty good stock.

3am? Is that 3am pacific time or eastern time? Cause on that post from reddit that target guy said that it would be around 8am that it would be put online but I figured I would go online a little bit earlier just in case

Geedorah

Just got notification that Robin is being shipped from Walmart - but none of the other three from that order are on route.

Strange they are breaking up the packages into so many separate orders, that can't be cost effective.

Fox Mulder

Saw this on chart on Twitter...

Assuming this info is correct, it seems like Toys R Us is your best shot at most of these, especially the Splatoon 3-pack.

Except there's fewer toys r us stores than the other retailers, pulling more people in.

Why da fuq do Best Buy, TRU, and GameStop all have to open at the same time?

Also, do we know for sure GameStop will have their units at opening time? Don't they usually not get them in until noon the day of, or am I misremembering?

rjinaz

Even though it seems like TRU is getting a decent amount of stock I think I might just deal with this instead of driving the 60 miles each way to my closest TRU. I took PTO off for Friday, but I think I'll use my time to see what pops up online instead of driving.

Yeah that's where I'm at. 30 miles to the nearest TRU and then 30 miles back. I'd spend that extra $7-8 on gas alone. Not going to mess with it and don't trust them to put up online orders.

Why da fuq do Best Buy, TRU, and GameStop all have to open at the same time?

Also, do we know for sure GameStop will have their units at opening time? Don't they usually not get them in until noon the day of, or am I misremembering?

I know rite. Think my plan is to just hang out at a Walmart after I wake up tomorrow (I guess today) and then after midnight go over to wait outside a TRU. TRU looks like it will have the best chance at things and the one near me has a Target and Best Buy in the same shopping center so maybe people who are waiting will be spread out.

Yeah that's where I'm at. 30 miles to the nearest TRU and then 30 miles back. I'd spend that extra $7-8 on gas alone. Not going to mess with it and don't trust them to put up online orders.

Do you have any experience with them? What are they like? I hope my order just gets fulfilled...

rjinaz

Do you have any experience with them? What are they like? I hope my order just gets fulfilled...

No I just found out about them yesterday when they were selling yarn yoshis for $15. But people on reddit where I found about that sale were saying they are reliable. I'm not too worried. They haven't charged me for any of my orders so worst case they don't ship then I'm not out anything. Also apparently you pay for 4-7 day shipping which is great. Should have Greninja within the next 2 weeks.

So we should be thanking the port strike for causing delays with past waves and giving us the chance to hit multiple retailers at different dates? ;P

Honestly it was a lot nicer in that specific regard. Granted it didn't end up mattering for me since GameStop never sold Shulk in-store (except abandoned pre-orders 1-2 weeks later) and I was one person too late for Meta Knight...

Which is why I'm super annoyed we still don't know the exact situation for Meta Knight yet. :| If it weren't for him I could blow off Best Buy completely, but noooooooo

The only one I'm worried about is Lucina. If Targets are only getting 4-5 as rumored its going to suck.

(Note: I already have a Robin preorder from YesAsia)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Walmart:
Splatoon triple pack (shipped)

GameStop:
Ness
Charizard
Pacman
Wario

Target:
Jigglypuff(shipped)
Silver Mario

B&H:
Robin
Lucina

Amazon UK
Robin

Just two orders shipped so far. Hopefully those go through tomorrow.

image.php

We have to order at so many different stores! Nintendoooooooooo!

Tirod

Saw this on chart on Twitter...

Looking at that chart, it looks like Toys 'R Us is my best bet for Lucina and Robin, as well as a chance at Greninja (my friend wants him), and an opportunity for the Splatoon 3 Pack.

So I'm looking at a schedule where I go to Disneyland tomorrow, go home and shower, grab coffee, line up outside of the store, hopefully have success, and then go to work at noon.

AMAZON PLEASE SAVE ME. I don't want to be a zombie. ;-;

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at that chart, it looks like Toys 'R Us is my best bet for Lucina and Robin, as well as a chance at Greninja (my friend wants him), and an opportunity for the Splatoon 3 Pack.

So I'm looking at a schedule where I go to Disneyland tomorrow, go home and shower, grab coffee, line up outside of the store, hopefully have success, and then go to work at noon.

AMAZON PLEASE SAVE ME. I don't want to be a zombie. ;-;

It's gotten to the point that going to Disneyland is second to amiibo. Disneyland!

Nighteater

Neo Member
Should I avoid the retailers if they are all within walking distance of each other? I feel like I'll see longer lines at the Target there, Best Buy, Toy's R Us, Walmart, Gamestop are all there within a mile... But then I dont want to go to a target in the middle of no where with little to no stock...

fellow michigan hunters check the weather reports for your area we are supposed to get storms early friday morning
Thank god the storms here in dallas finally cleared up.

batfax

Bleh. Mine still hasn't shipped yet from Wal*Mart, but a friend who got their order in afterwards has. Weird. Hopefully mine goes through before long though since it's a gift.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
fellow michigan hunters check the weather reports for your area we are supposed to get storms early friday morning

Should I avoid the retailers if they are all within walking distance of each other? I feel like I'll see longer lines at the Target there. But then I dont want to go to a target in the middle of no where with little to no stock...

Bleh. Mine still hasn't shipped yet from Wal*Mart, but a friend who got their order in afterwards has. Weird. Hopefully mine goes through before long though since it's a gift.

ghWeXGa.png
XU2sdPk.png
9YGRFAm.png

Armaly

Damn, neither my gamestop nor toys r us pre orders have shipped. Watch me go to bed and have amazon pre orders go up.

Dezner

Diggeh y u so awesome? :3

Good luck on Friday, everyone! ^_^

Not planning on being able to get anything, but I might try my luck for a Silver Mario in the wild! :eek:

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Diggeh y u so awesome? :3

Good luck on Friday, everyone! ^_^

Not planning on being able to get anything, but I might try my luck for a Silver Mario in the wild! :eek:

Because I love this community so much! You guys are amazing. Thanks for putting up with my goofy antics. ;)

My wallet is ready for the Friday morning stupidity.

W7samXb.png

hopefully i can cop the whole wave except the exclusives at walmart tomorrow midnight. if not i'll be trying target in the morning. I have a some of them ordered already but if i end up being able to to get the the whole wave there i'll gladly put em up on the b/s/t thread. good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Brqan

Man the things I do for amiibo. I check my mail yesterday in the morning after getting home from work, and It seems I missed one of my amiibo deliveries I had coming in because I was sleeping. so what to I do I get out of bed take a two hour round bus trip to the post office fighting off the need to sleep just so I can have my little Mac a day earlier So no I'm at work dying from the lack of sleep but you know what at least I have my precious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom