• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

Does anyone know how this works? Will it be a ticket system or something, or will everyone just bumrush to the video game aisle once the store opens? Also, how early would I need to show up to have a decent chance of getting all of those? Will there be a scalper in line first who just buys all of the available stock?

Thanks!

Get your running shoes ready.

There's a limit of two per character, or two total. Whichever one your store ends up enforcing.

ChaosXVI

Damnit! My Target isn't getting any Robin or Lucina! Now I have to choose between going there for Jiggs and SM or trying my luck at my TRU for all of them...Closest other Target is 35 miles away and they are getting 4 of Robin and Lucina but damn...No way I can justify that distance to my wife.

There's a limit of two per character, or two total. Whichever one your store ends up enforcing.

Three of the four stores closest to me (with larger inventories, mind you) are enforcing 1 per character per guest regardless of what the ad says. Contrarily, the store nearest me has the smallest inventory but says they'll allow two per character per guest. Go figure.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Who else is still waiting on GameStop and Walmart for shipping?
Still waiting for Ness to ship (I ordered him in-store), but I would assume he'll ship later today or tomorrow. Thankfully, GS tends to be fast despite being the cheapest shipping, taking about 3 days, so hoping to get him next Tuesday.

Josh5890

Brickseeker is starting to show wave 4 stock numbers. Here is an old Reddit post for reference

Check all of target Inventory with: http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker Inventory will show up once the store adds it into the system. Supply your zip code and DPCI numbers. Your store will show zero till it physical receives the item. I listed all the DPCI numbers that are available.

Pac-Man: 207-00-5035

Charizard: 207-00-5034

Wario: 207-00-5036

Jigglypuff: 207-00-5033

Lucina: 207-00-5039

Robin: 207-00-5038

Inkling Girl: 207-00-5040

Inkling Boy: 207-00-5041

Splatoon 3pk: 207-00-5042

Silver Mario: 207-00-5037

ChaosXVI

Looks like my local Meijer is going to have Lucina and Robin...but since they are a 24 hour store I don't know when would be a good time to get there. Anyone else hoping to score at Meijer?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looks like my local Meijer is going to have Lucina and Robin...but since they are a 24 hour store I don't know when would be a good time to get there. Anyone else hoping to score at Meijer?
Considering I was amazingly able to score a Captain Falcon, Ike, Dedede, & Mega Man from them, it's probably gonna be the first place I check on Friday, & it'll be around 7 to 7:30ish that I'm checking since I gotta take my sister to school.

Meeps

So, I'm new to all this, but Jigglypuff and Robin are my mains, and my boyfriend wants the Splatoon 3-pack. I know I won't be able to get 'em otherwise, so I'm considering showing up early to Target tomorrow.

Does anyone know how this works? Will it be a ticket system or something, or will everyone just bumrush to the video game aisle once the store opens? Also, how early would I need to show up to have a decent chance of getting all of those? Will there be a scalper in line first who just buys all of the available stock?

Thanks!

Use the links in the top comment here to check your Target's stock. They might still be getting shipments in so check it later tonight as well. You really won't have much luck with Robin unless you feel like camping out the entire night. Amazon is the only place left that will have stock of him and the 3-pack, but no one knows when that will go up. Good luck!

Edit: Also, a bunch of Jigglypuff will go on sale on Target's site that morning as well. I'd check around 10am.

The only thing that has shipped from Gamestop for me is the Splatoon 3 pack. I'm getting worried.

Also, I don't know if I will have better luck lining up tonight around 10:30 at Wal-Mart or like 7:30 tomorrow morning at Target.

Or maybe both......

The sickness is real

Anime

Neo Member
A friend of mine called Nintendo World and confirmed that there will be wristbands this is great news, if you plan on coming you wont have to stand on line all day!

bigkrev

Brickseeker is starting to show wave 4 stock numbers. Here is an old Reddit post for reference

Also, the Splatoon Squirt Gun is also up, 207-00-0415.

The higher traffic stores near me are getting 20, but some of the stores are only getting 10, so if you REALLY need the squirt gun, you might also want to line up early, because I wouldn't be surprised if the other people lining up are also trying to buy Splatoon

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I decided to make a new gif to dedicate the bloodbath that are going to happens tomorrow! I hope that you would enjoy it! :D

dnBMNfR.gif

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
Also, the Splatoon Squirt Gun is also up, 207-00-0415.

The higher traffic stores near me are getting 20, but some of the stores are only getting 10, so if you REALLY need the squirt gun, you might also want to line up early, because I wouldn't be surprised if the other people lining up are also trying to buy Splatoon

I really did want one but a shot at greninja comes first. I wonder why only target got those?

Nori Chan

The Target by my house has 12-14 and that was the one I went to to get Rosalina. I went there at 7AM and ended up getting the last one. One 5 miles away from me is selling 30 Jigs. I'm probably going to go to the one 5 miles away from me to be safe lol

And that one has 4 lucinas lol

I've gotten Marth, Wii Fit Trainer, Pit, Captain Falcon, and Little Mac from Meijer. They don't put amiibo out, or at least they haven't yet, at midnight. They tend to put them out sometime in the morning. Your best bet is to go to electronics and simply ask when they put them out.

Lucario

Use the links in the top comment here to check your Target's stock. They might still be getting shipments in so check it later tonight as well. You really won't have much luck with Robin unless you feel like camping out the entire night. Amazon is the only place left that will have stock of him and the 3-pack, but no one knows when that will go up. Good luck!

Edit: Also, a bunch of Jigglypuff will go on sale on Target's site that morning as well. I'd check around 10am.

Thanks! Hopefully I'll be able to nab at least the Splatoon pack and Jigglypuff. Also hoping nobody runs, I wouldn't be able to deal with not getting anything due to some jerk sprinting in front of me once the store opens.

Shauni

Woke up this mourning to see shipping confirmations for both Robin and Lucina from Wal-Mart, so those finally shipped. Nothing from my GS orders just yet.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I've gotten Marth, Wii Fit Trainer, Pit, Captain Falcon, and Little Mac from Meijer. They don't put amiibo out, or at least they haven't yet, at midnight. They tend to put them out sometime in the morning. Your best bet is to go to electronics and simply ask when they put them out.
Meijer has been surprisingly relient. It's funny how I'm considering them first over Target or GameStop. It helps they're the closest to me, being only about 5 minutes away.

I don't know if mine said Midnight, I walked in yesterday, it was the same employee I asked on Tuesday, she saw me walking in & said "we got them, but we can't put them out until Friday".

Meijer has been surprisingly relient. It's funny how I'm considering them first over Target or GameStop. It helps they're the closest to me, being only about 5 minutes away.

I don't know if mine said Midnight, I walked in yesterday, it was the same employee I asked on Tuesday, she saw me walking in & said "we got them, but we can't put them out until Friday".

I've gotten all my rares at Meijer, mainly I think because most people are going elsewhere first.

ChaosXVI

Good to know I've got a chance at Meijer...back during Wave 3 I didn't even know they were carrying Amiibo or else I probably would've had more luck...Back in March I saw they had TWO racks that were at some point dedicated to Ike, but both were probably long empty by the time I found out...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Funny thing about my Meijer is that they STILL have Toon Link on clearance...for $11.99. Luigi was like $9 when he was on clearance.

Toon Link was also in the clearance corner at one point, but then was put back on the shelf with the other amiibo.

Rocky

Banned
Thanks! It looks like nearly all of the Target stores near me will have 15 Jigglypuff amiibo. This will be fine.

Meh, I don't think I'll even bother going to Target tomorrow. Earliest I can get there is around 8:20am or so. With Brickseek showing 12 onhand and 11 "saleable". They will probably be gone by the time I get there. They aren't getting any Lucina or Robin either.

Fox Mulder

Thanks! It looks like nearly all of the Target stores near me will have 15 Jigglypuff amiibo. This will be fine.

15 doesnt sound like a lot really. My nearest target shows 24. There's going to be scalpers getting the two limit and it's the exclusive people are going there for.

bumpkin

Dammit... These inventory numbers are ridiculous. My local Target is only going to have 3 Wario, Charizard, Lucina, Robin and Splatoon 3-Packs, 35 Jigglies, and 7 Silver Marios.

I'd say that if I can get a good line position I'll be good, but the last time I went there for an amiibo release (Rosalina), people ran ahead of others to electronics. I was like third or fourth in line outside and sixth or seventh at the register.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cool, got my email from GS a few minutes ago saying Ness has shipped. Guessing he'll arrive Monday for me.

Rootbeer

Banned
To all of you getting GS shipping notifications, what was the weight of your package? I got a tracking number sent to me from UPS but gamestop.com still says it hasn't shipped.

the package is 2.8lbs and I ordered all 9 amiibo (splatoon 3 pack, the 6 others) not sure if that is heavy enough to contain it all or not

I haven't got any shipping confirmation for ness 0_o

I ordered at 5 pm too but I do remember those ghost order things being reported

Time to start sweatn'

Nighteater

Neo Member
Best Buy shipped my copy of Splatoon just looking for them to ship they amiibo.

And most Targets near me have 14 saleable puffs. What time should I get to Target?

Fox Mulder

yay, ness shipped.

Just Amiibos too because I ordered the Final Fantasy Guides from them about 2 days ago :/

it's funny since I got a number of region free blurays not sold here from Amazon UK, italy, and germany, but you can't buy amiibos. Shit's serious.

Oh praise the amiibo gods, my Lucina order actually went through! Ness still hasn't shipped, but I'm not worried about that one.

I'll swing by Target on the way to work to see if they have any Silver Marios, but I'm not going to sweat it too much. My prayers are with my amiibros who are waiting in line tonight!

melman101

I was going to go to the line today at 1pm, but my wife is sick, and I don't feel well myself. So goodbye wave 4. I'll try another day. World Store gets restocks occasionally so I'll try to go then.

I have Charizard, Wario and Pac-man coming. That's it. I'm depressed this wave. I was in the hospital when they went on sale.

Drago

Amazon UK not doing international shipping anymore is killer. Gonna have to rely on Japanese sites now, and I haven't been super lucky with those :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom