• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Stubbs

ag9GpSY.png
3kHwMo7.png
mCTMeez.png
Hey never even thought of giving Sinbad amiibo lights. Thanks Diggeh!

Rocky

Banned
Ugh, Brickseek is telling me that my closest Target has 12 Jigglys on hand with 11 "saleable". Wonder if an employee is holding one for themselves. The second one has 16, all saleable.

I wonder if I'd be able to go buy one today, lol.

mantis23

Ugh, Brickseek is telling me that my closest Target has 12 Jigglys on hand with 11 "saleable". Wonder if an employee is holding one for themselves. The second one has 16, all saleable.

I'm hoping they need to be "processed" into the system somehow to be saleable.

Back in my retail days I know we had to set a certain amount of product aside for exchanges. That doesnt really apply to amiibo so I would think they should all be sold.

Either way its concerning because tons of Targets around me show 4 each of Lucina and Robin but only 2 saleable for each.

It's the day before amiibogeddon everyone, what are your orders looking like?

For me:
Walmart:
Lucina 2x (1 shipped)
Robin 2x (1 shipped)

Target
2x Jigglypuff (2 "shipped")

GameStop:
1x Ness

Best Buy
2x Splatoon 3-Pack (preparing order)
1x Wario (preparing order)
1x Charizard (preparing order)
1x Lucina (preparing order)
1x Robin (preparing order)
1x Pac-Man (preparing order)

Zavvi:
1x Greninja

Rocky

Banned

For me:
Walmart:
Lucina 2x (1 shipped)
Robin 2x (1 shipped)

Target
2x Jigglypuff (2 "shipped")

GameStop:
1x Ness

Best Buy
2x Splatoon 3-Pack (preparing order)
1x Wario (preparing order)
1x Charizard (preparing order)

Zavvi:
1x Greninja

cukx5pu.jpg

Guess your ebay buyers will be happy.

Atleast according to brickseek 3 targets near me are getting 4 robin and lucina now to call all 3 and find out what there plans are so i no which store to camp out at to get everything i need :)

I've already got Lucina, Robin and Ness via "other methods"
(trades and ebay...)
so I'm going for Jiggly, Wario, Charizard, Pacman, Silver Mario, and Splatoon 3 pack over at Target since they open 2 hours before TRU.

Then I'm off, down the street to TRU, for Greninja. My only hope is that the line isn't so long that I cannot get one. All the fun begins at 3AM.

fellow michigan hunters check the weather reports for your area we are supposed to get storms early friday morning
No! :-( Hopefully it's not too terrible. I'm going out to search for Charizard and Wario for my sister. I bought her first amiibo the other day and now she's hooked.

Edit: Don't mind the rain, just hate driving in it, like that snowstorm for Rosalina. T_T

No! :-( Hopefully it's not too terrible. I'm going out to search for Charizard and Wario for my sister. I bought her first amiibo the other day and now she's hooked.

Edit: Don't mind the rain, just hate driving in it, like that snowstorm for Rosalina. T_T

god that snowstorm was horrible i think it might have been the reason there was only 4 of us at target for rosalina that morning lol

Every single Target in my area has one less Puff sellable than available, except for one. Hmm. Seems to be the general trend for the rest too.

Also, my usual store is getting 32 in. Nice. In fact, it's the only store in the area getting near that many, most are getting 16 with a couple getting 24.

Oh, and does anyone have the DPCI for Silver Mario?

Rocky

Banned
Every single Target in my area has one less Puff sellable than available, except for one. Hmm. Seems to be the general trend for the rest too.

Also, my usual store is getting 32 in. Nice. In fact, it's the only store in the area getting near that many, most are getting 16 with a couple getting 24.

207-00-5037

207-00-5037 for silver mario

Any Michigan gaffers going to TRU and able to get an extra Greninja? I'm gonna be out of town for work and won't be close to a TRU until Saturday morning.

Tom_Cody

Is anyone else going to Nintendo World tonight? I am planning to head there after work. I hope that won't already be too late.

Uhh, so my Target doesn't have anything according to Brickseek.
Does that mean I can't get it tomorrow?

Nah, you'll be fine. Most stores actually haven't gotten there shipments in, based on BrickSeek. Seems to be regional, so your region just hasn't gotten theirs in and processed yet. I'm sure they will today though.

Dragoshi1

So...

Anyone wanna chance going to Target to see if they'll let us buy these early?

My local Target seems to have only 3 Lucina, and only 7 of the Splatoon 3 pack that are "saleable". And I won't be able to go until later.

*Forget it, I called, and they told me they're streetdated, still kind of lame a major retailer like Target only has 3 Lucinas for the entire store. Guess I'm going to Toys R Us.

I'm heading there tomorrow, I'll definitely keep an eye out for you!

Thanks! I'll be near a Target, so I'm going to go there and see if I can find an extra Jiggly for someone on here, but that's the only store I'll be near.

Anybody have Walmart orders that are still stuck on Processing?

Seems like my Target has 15 Jigglys, but only 3 Robins, 3 Lucinas, and 3 Splatoon 3 packs... Looks like it's gonna be an early morning. Anyone have a guess on how early I should get there?

StAidan

Just checked brickseek for my Target, they have 16 Jigglys, 8 silver Marios, and 4 of everything else EXCEPT there is no Robin and Lucina.

Dangit. This is gonna be the first wave where I'll have to pay eBay prices. I've missed all the preorders for Robin/Lucina.

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
Just checked brickseek for my Target, they have 16 Jigglys, 8 silver Marios, and 4 of everything else EXCEPT there is no Robin and Lucina.

Dangit. This is gonna be the first wave where I'll have to pay eBay prices. I've missed all the preorders for Robin/Lucina.

You still have a shot at amazon when it goes up, so don't quit just yet.

StAidan

Yeah, I'm holding out hope for Amazon still, but I know what my chances are, lol :( I've had the worst luck with this wave, only managed to snag Jigglypuff and Ness on preorders.

Seems like my Target has 15 Jigglys, but only 3 Robins, 3 Lucinas, and 3 Splatoon 3 packs... Looks like it's gonna be an early morning. Anyone have a guess on how early I should get there?

well for rosalina i went there 30min early and was 3rd in line but there was also a bad snowstorm this time around im going there after i leave meijer at midnight and seeing fi there is a line and if there is im jumping in.

rjinaz

For me:
Walmart:
Lucina 2x (shipped)
Robin 2x (shipped)
Target
1x Jigglypuff (shipped)
2x Silver Mario
Beat the bomb:
2x Jiggly
3x Greninja (preparing order)
Best Buy
B&H
LOL
YesAsia
2x Ness (July)

well for rosalina i went there 30min early and was 3rd in line but there was also a bad snowstorm this time around im going there after i leave meijer at midnight and seeing fi there is a line and if there is im jumping in.

I think I got there for Rosalina, at a different Target, 30 minutes early and was 4th or 5th that time.

This Target is in a less populated part of the city, so I think I'll try to get there an hour early and see how I do.

My shopping list is:

Jigglypuff (Girlfriend's Smash Main so we have to get her)
Lucina
Robin
Splatoon Three-Pack (I want that mech suit in-game, goddamit.)

I generally just buy the amiibos that I like the most, I'm far from a completionist.

So, I have a unique situation. My Jigglypuffs shipped from Target, but yesterday, for some reason I got a notification from my bank that the charge was declined... wtf do I do?

Lucario

So, I'm new to all this, but Jigglypuff and Robin are my mains, and my boyfriend wants the Splatoon 3-pack. I know I won't be able to get 'em otherwise, so I'm considering showing up early to Target tomorrow.

Does anyone know how this works? Will it be a ticket system or something, or will everyone just bumrush to the video game aisle once the store opens? Also, how early would I need to show up to have a decent chance of getting all of those? Will there be a scalper in line first who just buys all of the available stock?

Thanks!

Anime

Neo Member
Damn, that's close at the corner of 48th and 6th already. That is making me reconsider lining up.

I think if you can head out between now and 12 P.M. you will be safe.

They should have sizable inventory , if the last events are anything to go by.If the reps give out numbers i will update quick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom