• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the photo

CGDg4R6W0AA7LKc.jpg:large
Amiibogeddon truly is upon us...

ChrisD

Still have on paper that I'm getting all of the Wave from Gamestop, so that's cool for the time being. It's had me thinking a lot on amiibo again, though, and that made me look up new NA Villager prices.

$120.

I can't even offer a GAF member $70 for one anymore, because it would basically be ripping them off. ;-;

Nighteater

Neo Member
Still have on paper that I'm getting all of the Wave from Gamestop, so that's cool for the time being. It's had me thinking a lot on amiibo again, though, and that made me look up new NA Villager prices.

$120.

I can't even offer a GAF member $70 for one anymore, because it would basically be ripping them off. ;-;
I'm sure someone would trade for a Lucina, because Lucina.

HardRojo

Fucking lol at those GameStop numbers. Glad I already have Wave 4 secured and don't care about the Splatoon Amiibo. Friday is going to be interesting.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I took Friday morning off. Gonna line up at Target at 6:30 am for two Jigglypuffs, and hopefully 2 Silver Marios (and if they have an extra Splatoon 3 pack I might buy it...), then go over to TRU to line up for a Greninja, then to Best Buy to pick up Splatoon. Everything else should be coming in the mail. Buying amiibo is suffering.

Provided my preorders all turn out, the only one I'm missing is Greninja and I can't get to a Toys R Us until Saturday morning so probably no chance of finding one.

RootCause

I was thinking just a paint job, like a blue yoshi or something. I'd like to think Nintendo isn't that cruel...but then again, NA amiibo...
Maybe a clear mario. Honestly I would be against a nintendo world exclusive. its unfair to the rest of the country.

I took Friday morning off. Gonna line up at Target at 6:30 am for two Jigglypuffs, and hopefully 2 Silver Marios (and if they have an extra Splatoon 3 pack I might buy it...), then go over to TRU to line up for a Greninja, then to Best Buy to pick up Splatoon. Everything else should be coming in the mail. Buying amiibo is suffering.

It's looking like Silver Mario won't be available at Target 5/29. It's only going to be Jigglypuff, Marth, Charizard, and Pac-Man.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Has anyone callled their local target and gotten word of their allocations?
I checked mine earlier today & the employee said that while he wasn't allowed to "officially" say, they were expecting about 4 each for most characters, then 12 for Jigglypuff.

Jergingha

Neo Member
If I didn't work on Friday, I'd partake in Amiibogeddon.

Oh well.

And just to reiterate one last time, if anyone is looking for a Gold Mario Amiibo, I'll trade it for a Greninja, Lucina, or Ness Amiibo.

That is all.

Kenai

I am lining up at Target too, but I am hoping to trade Jiggs or a few other of my unicorns for Robin/Lucina rather than pay scalper prices. I don't expect Robin/Lucina to actually be there (Ike wasn't) but if they are that'd make things easier. Then Olimar and DHD and i will have every one i care about plus a few doubles for Smash. Woo!

Be careful expecting that many Amiibo if you are going by yourself though. Most target's have started limiting it to 2 Amiibo (total) per person to deter scalpers.

Kenai

Target.com stock /=/ Target store stock

also

if that is the case then that looks very similar to the Rosalina shipment. For reference, my local Target had 44 Rosalina, 30+ Bowser, and 4-8 of everyone else except Ike (and exclusives of course). Is a Super Target.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Be careful expecting that many Amiibo if you are going by yourself though. Most target's have started limiting it to 2 Amiibo (total) per person to deter scalpers.
It's two per amiibo, not two total. :) I'm going with someone else, though, if nothing else. It's one per at TRU, but I only need the one Greninja (Jiggs for my wife and I, extra Silver Mario for a pal overseas). I won't sweat it too much, I've got a couple extras I can trade if nothing else!

Kenai

It's two per amiibo, not two total. :) I'm going with someone else, though, if nothing else. It's one per at TRU, but I only need the one Greninja (Jiggs for my wife and I, extra Silver Mario for a pal overseas). I won't sweat it too much, I've got a couple extras I can trade if nothing else!

Really? My Target limited it to two total. I was only allowed to go back in and buy one more since everyone in line had gotten theirs already (my pal loves Sheik so i put my second Rosa down like a bro til i could get back in).

Combine that with how Target has been handling online preorders for this wave and how much crazier Amiibos have gotten in general they might be cracking down a lot more. Don't get me wrong, it'd be a dream if I could walk out of Target in one piece with 2 Robin 2 Lucina 2 Jiggs ect but I am just not seeing it. That's too tempting for scalpers.

Thoraxes

No Walmart shipping notice for me yet. I live in the midwest.

Edit, speak of the devil, Robin has shipped. The lucina is still processing though I ordered them both together.

HUELEN10

Eaborate good sir!!!

and talk to dig about line

Okay, I PMed diggeh weeks ago and a while back, but I'll PM him again.

As for DeDeDe, my phone died, so I just drove away. Again, I'm not a scalper.

There were like 4 at Walmart of all places, but then my phone charged enough and the PMs came in.

Here he is.
ybUXuvU.jpg

When I went back, he was the only one left, but he looks nice. What I'm gonna do since I didn't expect that many people here looking for DeDeDe is keep him until Friday. If my buddy found one already, I'll give it to a GAFer at cost plus postage/packaging. Anywho, time to PM diggeh.

Damn guys, just over a day before hell breaks loose, Godspeed to us all.

Maengun1

No movement yet on my Ness/Wario/Pac-Man Gamestop order, but seems to be secure anyway. Have a Japanese Jigglypuff coming from Amazon. Avoiding the madness on Friday entirely.

Only thing I'm kind of interested in but didn't put in a pre-order for is the Splatoon 3-pack. If I ever see one, if it gets restocked or whatever, I'll grab it. If not, Nintendo doesn't want my money etc. I hope/think they will actually keep a steady stream of Splatoons coming out this summer, but not sure if they'll push the 3 pack or the individual boy/girl more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom