• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon tried hard but even Lucina and Robin disappeared instantly for most. I was lucky to get Lucina but Robin never even showed up on their site for me. Since this is exclusive, I'm expecting it to disappear in an instant too.

its not their fault they got so few, blame nintendo for that. at least they told us what time it would be up unlike everyone else who just puts theirs up whenever

Murugo

I'm personally hoping that they just announce every future amiibo as exclusive right now so it will hurt less later. Seriously, the reason I'm missing the amiibo I want is because of exclusivity bullshit.

shanafan

Can we all just send a mass of e-mails to Amazon expressing concern over shipping damage? They have the worst track record for Amiibos arriving in good condition. (Luckily I'll be off from work that day as the 30th is my last day, so I'm sure I'll be able to get one at least).

Edit: oh, I guess they are going live on the 24th. Oh well, I do have my phone to make orders from.

Hmm, I never had any issue. TRU was the worst for me imo. They shipped Captain Falcon in a bubble mailer.

Amazon always used boxes, and laid them out properly inside.

Eh. Nothing happens when I click on the "email me" button on the Palutena amiibo on amazon. Whenever this has happened before it hasn't really signed me up the notifications. Wat do?

If it's any comfort the Palutena amiibo is super duper common here in Australia and EU so if the same volume holds then there shouldn't be any problem picking one up. Although I did just discover that the markets are way different. Apparently Smash Mario is now out out of stock at all online retailers here

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Updated the OT with the...er, fun news.

H9Ind5s.jpg

Eh I've managed to buy Ness three times.
I've only seen Ness at GS once and that was a few days ago when I posted about buying the last two that location had. I know a lot of people lucked out with the recent restock though so yeah, guess it depends.

Remember when we first learned these two would be their own wave and were guessing how they'd be released? I did not think I'd be feeling more optimistic about Dark Pit.

zulux21

http://i.imgur.com/H9Ind5s.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

personally I wouldn't mind if amazon handled all amiibos.

give me a time to order
make sure there is stock for at least 15 minutes.

way better than any one else is doing their amiibos.

[quote="SmackAttack, post: 171889009"]
Remember when we first learned these two would be their own wave and were guessing how they'd be released? I did not think I'd be feeling more optimistic about Dark Pit.[/QUOTE]

I won't be getting dark pit, at least not from best buy.

I would rather pay $100 for dark pit (not that I would, but if I was forced to choose) than go to my local best buy and buy it at cost with a GCU discount.

Toki767

personally I wouldn't mind if amazon handled all amiibos.

give me a time to order
make sure there is stock for at least 15 minutes.

way better than any one else is doing their amiibos.

There is no way they can guarantee stock for 15 minutes. That's just a guess.

It's not gonna last 15 minutes

Not when you tell people and when you have "exclusive" and since Amazon is online only it'll last like 5 minutes if we are lucky

I want off this ride , it's gonna be like the Lego line x Nintendo shirts at comic con all over again

Velcro Fly

Yeah it's hard to gauge how quickly this will sell out. Robin/Lucina was probably the best chance many people had and that was about 15 seconds for Robin and about a minute for Lucina. This time EVERYONE will be FORCED to buy from Amazon so it is going to go quick. Although with the regularity of restocks for some rare ones and exclusives it isn't out of the question for them to get a lot more.

Two amiibo wave and both are exclusive. At least they aren't releasing on the same day?

September is going to be a minefield though. I have a feeling we're going to get 3 or 4 exclusives at least.

Toki767

Yeah it's hard to gauge how quickly this will sell out. Robin/Lucina was probably the best chance many people had and that was about 15 seconds for Robin and about a minute for Lucina. This time EVERYONE will be FORCED to buy from Amazon so it is going to go quick. Although with the regularity of restocks for some rare ones and exclusives it isn't out of the question for them to get a lot more.

Two amiibo wave and both are exclusive. At least they aren't releasing on the same day?

September is going to be a minefield though. I have a feeling we're going to get 3 or 4 exclusives at least.

I still stand by my prediction of all 6 major amiibo retailers getting an exclusive in September.

Toki767

At least Palutena isn't an exclusive to Prime Day.

Imagine all the non-Prime users ordering her. They can only order 1 and they aren't going to risk ordering something along with her for fear of selling out.

Amazon is going to make a killing with the shipping they charge non-Prime users for an exclusive amiibo.

I still stand by my prediction of all 6 major amiibo retailers getting an exclusive in September.

well the rumors originally stated that dr mario, dark pit, palutena, bowser jr, and 1 of the yarn yoshi's would be exclusive and so far that rumor is looking to be true.

I could easily see the blue or pink yoshi amiibo be exclusive to a retailer

Nintendo needs to make their money from wii u and these exclusives might help, USA not buying wii u is to blame ;p

zulux21

There is no way they can guarantee stock for 15 minutes. That's just a guess.

eh, even if it only lasts 20 seconds I will likely get one. I am not a lightning deal noob and I know how to get stuff that doesn't last long on amazon as long as I know when it will go live.

It's not just the Japanese ones with a crappy paint job, I can assure you that.

That's too bad. I might just have to deal with it. At least I have one! I did know that she was going to have Monster-Hands, but the crummy paint job was a slight disappointment.

Already have Palutena, though the sculpt on her thigh is weird (it's like a raised rectangular patch that I'm guessing was from the molding process) and passed on Dark Pit when I had the chance.

I'll probably try to snag ZSS when she does release here (US), since the one place I bought amiibo from during AX sold out of her.

Other than that, I'm only interested in Lucas and possibly Roy (despite not caring much for him over the other FE amiibo) as well as maybe woolly Yoshis.

Velcro Fly

Now that I got 5B the thirst is real. Gimme Chibi Robo for preorder or maybe the yarn Yoshis.

I'm like an addict I must have more more more

willizle02

Neo Member
Is it confirmed that every BB will have 100 Dark Pits? Don't they send out quantities based on "store volume"? It would be a truly marvelous day if all BB's have 100 each.

I have a feeling it'll be like how they did it with greninja at TRU, where more densely populated areas will get a bit more. I doubt they'd send out exactly 100 to each store, that'd be dumb.

Negative nancy time , there isn't enough space on the shelves for 100 dark pits , there are still commons at best buy
I know people will buy them but for ever store (even the ones in super small places) to each get 100 sounds nuts

I'd say 20-40 max

Negative nancy time , there isn't enough space on the shelves for 100 dark pits , there are still commons at best buy
I know people will buy them but for ever store (even the ones in super small places) to each get 100 sounds nuts

I'd say 20-40 max

Considering there was a booth at Anime Expo that had longboxes full of Amiibo (Japanese versions, but it shouldn't matter), I wouldn't be surprised if Best Buy limit Pittoo to 1 per customer and just keep them in the box instead of stocking them on shelves and put a sign saying to pick up at the registers.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
100 is nice & all, but it means nothing for those who don't have a BB close-by & depend on online. Hell, I only got Meta Knight because of AmiiboGAF.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Perhaps we can be of service again.
If someone is kind enough to sell for MSRP or a small increase (like $15-$17) + shipping, then yes, I would gladly accept the help of AmiiboGAF once more. Hopefully, it'll be stocked enough where prices won't be $25+ because it wasn't well stocked.

I will say it feels as though the Wave 4 exclusives were handled much better compared to Wave 3, so hopefully, Amazon & Best Buy are well prepared.

zulux21

I'd say 20-40 max

it's not that hard to restock shelves after they sell out. nor is it that hard to set up a line somewhere where people who want it just go through the line to get one.

VICI0US

I'd say 20-40 max

the TRU I went to got 70+ greninja, 40-50 of them were gone at opening, I'm sure the rest sold later that day. shelf space shouldn't be much of a concern

Well I'm pretty down, after reading the news that Palutena would be Amazon-exclusive, since I don't often order things online.

ATM, I've been collecting Bing points so I can exchange for Amazon gift cards; only short $5 right now.

Maengun1

Welp, I'm working July 24th from 3-11pm. Chances of obtaining Palutena: 0%.

It's gonna be all imports from here on out isn't it?

KingBroly

Banned
I pre-ordered Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr. and Olimar from Play Asia. I just want this set to be done with. I don't care. I want piece of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom