• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

DooD1234

Thats crazy. I got the same exact order from Amazon.it and its 55 bucks.
Anywhere cheaper than UK, but I rather just get them now and avoid the drama that is September. Besides, every time I look, they are sold out already before I even get a chance to put them in a cart.

Edit: as I type this, amazon.jp becomes available lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Watch as Wave 5 gets FIVE exclusives now that Amazon has entered the scene. Can't wait to refresh to only have it not appear for me and others, while actually appearing for different people like Lucina & Robin.

ZeroCDR

Considering there are no B&M to send stock to, Palutena should be plentiful and easy to get, and I assume they will enforce a one per customer rule.

bigkrev

If something is going to be exclusive, i'm glad that it's Amazon over any other place. They won't fuck around, they won't cancel orders, and shipping is quick and free.

And yeah, apart from Dr Mario and MAYBE Gannondorf, all the remaining SSB line figures are going to be retailer exclusives.

ZeroCDR

I never would have guessed considering the rocky relationship, but they have started selling New 3DS XL hardware. Hopefully they patched things up for NX!

Wait, so that means both july amiibo are exclusive right? Does this mean that september will be the same thing, all figures except one or two will be exclusive? Cause that's just sad :(

Thoraxes

Thank you Amazon.de. ZSS and Ganondorf look amazing in particular.

2015-07-1413.34.37lfpef.jpg

2015-07-1413.34.446joi2.jpg
2015-07-1413.34.49zbrfo.jpg
2015-07-1413.34.54f1p50.jpg
2015-07-1413.34.58dgqqf.jpg

you guys bitch about amazon but who has handled amiibos the best so far online? thats right, amazon. i agree that exclusivity sucks but at the very least the ones who got the exclusive deal for her is a competent company that isn't going to put it up to pre order at 3 or 4 am est

LiK

you guys bitch about amazon but who has handled amiibos the best so far online? thats right, amazon. i agree that exclusivity sucks but at the very least the ones who got the exclusive deal for her is a competent company that isn't going to put it up to pre order at 3 or 4 am est

Amazon tried hard but even Lucina and Robin disappeared instantly for most. I was lucky to get Lucina but Robin never even showed up on their site for me. Since this is exclusive, I'm expecting it to disappear in an instant too.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Amazon tried hard but even Lucina and Robin disappeared instantly for most. I was lucky to get Lucina but Robin never even showed up on their site for me. Since this is exclusive, I'm expecting it to disappear in an instant too.
Their goal is 15 minutes:

AmazonJosh said:
4) We learned from wave 4 that the time "windows" aren't much different from just announcing a time, so I think that's what we'll be doing.
Also, we have a lot more stock than we've had of any other amiibo yet. I know we'll end up selling out, but I think it'll be closer to the Splatoon 3-pack or Charizard or something rather than Lucina/Robin in terms of how long they're available (~15 mins after available). If you show up on time, you should be able to get one.

Da Fish

Neo Member
lol so we have a in store only exclusive and a online only exclusive and that's it folks. Just when I think Nintendo of America can't outdo themselves, they find a way.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
That's sad, hilarious and relieving all at the same time.

"Don't worry guys. If you are online for a 15 minute window at some time on a random summer day you will (probably) get the amiibo you want."

"Yay! Such a huge improvement!"

Velcro Fly

"Don't worry guys. If you are online for a 15 minute window at some time on a random summer day you will (probably) get the amiibo you want."

"Yay! Such a huge improvement!"

It will be July 24

They will say the time so it's not like preorders for various other places that go up randomly in the middle of the night.

It will be during normal business hours.

Amazon is basically doing everything they can to not fuck people over. The stock is Nintendo's fault. We must always blame them.

dankir

It will be July 24

They will say the time so it's not like preorders for various other places that go up randomly in the middle of the night.

Amazon is basically doing everything they can to not fuck people over. The stock is Nintendo's fault. We must always blame them.

Yeah I give them that, at least.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It will be July 24

I'm not criticizing Amazon here. They're doing the best they can with what they have.

Its just that a 15 minute window is still just a disgustingly pathetic window that it is crazy that this is considered an improvement.

Can we all just send a mass of e-mails to Amazon expressing concern over shipping damage? They have the worst track record for Amiibos arriving in good condition. (Luckily I'll be off from work that day as the 30th is my last day, so I'm sure I'll be able to get one at least).

Edit: oh, I guess they are going live on the 24th. Oh well, I do have my phone to make orders from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom