• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby_fox

Banned
So what's the likelihood that Amazon will have it go live before I have to leave for work at 2 PM EST?

Because I'm not getting one if it's after that at this rate.

bumpkin

My Yarn Yoshi from Amazon JP has shipped. Huzzah! He costed me $22 USD, but from what I hear about the projected MSRP, that's probably a good deal.

Jawmuncher

Well I'm pretty down, after reading the news that Palutena would be Amazon-exclusive, since I don't often order things online.

ATM, I've been collecting Bing points so I can exchange for Amazon gift cards; only short $5 right now.
Nice.
So what's the likelihood that Amazon will have it go live before I have to leave for work at 2 PM EST?

Because I'm not getting one if it's after that at this rate.
I dunno if they would launch it during prime day. Did they say they would?

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
I don't follow any of these stuff and only have 2 amibos, but does anyone know when these come out (Japan release is okay too)? They're the only ones I want really.

Game & Watch
Rob
Duck Hunt

I noticed a few errors on Nintendo's official amiibo lineup page.

The 8-bit 30th Anniversary Mario amiibo are listed with release dates of September 2014. Oops.

What's more concerning, Nintendo notes Palutena's release as Monday, July 27, not the Friday the 24th. This contradicts Amazon Josh's statement. Dark Pit is [correctly] listed as Friday, July 31.

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/i1KDMHGbdGoZDNKn7SO0wf__oVGRFtBw

mPZNaKl.png

7J886Ak.png

5Yy7CFy.png

Amazon.co.jp is preparing my Yarn Yoshis and god they're cheaper than I thought they were going to be. $46.39 for all 3, which comes out to something like $15.46 each. I've got to pay Tenso still but god damn.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Amazon.co.jp is preparing my Yarn Yoshis and god they're cheaper than I thought they were going to be. $46.39 for all 3, which comes out to something like $15.46 each. I've got to pay Tenso still but god damn.

The dollar is pretty strong against the yen right now, good time to import! roughly 2000 yen a piece is yeah, about 16 bucks per, plus shipping... which through Tenso to the US shouldn't be more than 10-11 bucks, makin' all three yarn Yoshis essentially come out to 20 bucks a piece including shipping.

NOT BAD!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
There's one for Europe. We're waiting to see an announcement for the US at this point.

Oh nice and yeah I totally missed that!

What's more concerning, Nintendo notes Palutena's release as Monday, July 27, not the Friday the 24th. This contradicts Amazon Josh's statement. Dark Pit is [correctly] listed as Friday, July 31.

I honestly hope this is the case with Palutena. I'm going to be busy on the Friday, so having it out any other day (especially Monday) would be very helpful for me, personally :x

kirby_fox

Banned

Ha. I have to work on the 24th and likely won't be able to get one. But I should be off on the 27th, so I would be able to get one.

I must know the correct date before importing.

KitSnicket

Neo Member
NWS please. I need that Litle Mac. You are far enough away I can't get to you, but close enough that I feel like I could if I tried.

ChaosXVI

Ugh! Those are 3 of the 4 amiibo that I still need to get! This is so insane...Captain Falcon, Little Mac, Ike, and Pitt are all I need and I'll have all of the Smash line that's currently available in NA...

Seriously..intense salt flowing.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I'll be out of the country for both of the new Amiibo. I'll try my luck with Amazon on a 3G data connection, but I've lost Dark Pit. :(

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Anybody getting the modern colors for 8-bit Mario is a heathen.

Get the true colors. The classic colors.

You know, I could easily complain about this, and I have before, but.. I can't. I finally got a Pit during that GameStop online restock earlier in the month and I was lucky enough to find 2 Ness at a GS a few days ago so I'm finding it hard to be upset at this. Palutena being Amazon exclusive pushes my buttons, sure but I feel confident that I will have a full Smash collection one day.

tfw all 11 of the smash amiibo will probably come out on the same day Mario Maker comes out.

SysJifq.gif

Actually, it'd be nice if the Mii Fighters were in a three pack. Im actually a little surprised that Nintendo hasn't decided to jump on the three pack thing; Skylanders does this with their figures, and its a semi decent way of getting a hold of figures you might not be able to find in single packs (and it could convince people to pick up a common figure because it's just there)

For instance, a decent pack would probably be Mario, Fox, and Little Mac. etc etc, it'd be a nice way to stick commons in with rarer figures.

So I was at Target on my lunch break and wasn't looking for any Amiibo and found this:

Needless to say, bought Rosalina since I said I would if I ever saw her in the wile. I left Jigs for someone else to be surprised by!

VICI0US

So I was at Target on my lunch break and wasn't looking for any Amiibo and found this:

Needless to say, bought Rosalina since I said I would if I ever saw her in the wile. I left Jigs for someone else to be surprised by!

congrats! I still remember when I first started collecting originally I was only going to buy the characters I liked but that quickly turned into buying the whole smash line.

on black friday, about a week after wave 1 had released and the amiibo fever had really taken off I stopped by the gaming section at target to check out what remained of their amiibo. it was that evening so I figured they'd be totally wiped out from the morning's black friday madness.

and there he was, the ONLY amiibo remaining, hanging on a peg all by himself. villager. by far my luckiest find.

Jetku

I have a prenatal doctors appointment on the 31st at 9:30 am so I won't be able to get a dark pit...

Decided to just buy one on Amazon for $22 free shipping and it arrived today. It should be this easy at msrp too...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
My Marth came in today. So good to have him.
I also picked up Pac-Man. The only common I haven't picked up is "Super Mario" Mario.

Didn't know that Palutena was Amazon exclusive in the US. Might be a bitch to get then <_<;

Nah, I think it should be fine. They're going to post the exact time (not a window like Wave 4) it will go up ahead of time and are expecting around 15 minutes of up-time. So if you pay attention and get on when they say to, you should have no problem.

The people comparing it to the Lucina and Robin sellouts on Amazon are forgetting that Amazon will be getting the entirety of North America's Palutena stock, rather than a small portion of it.

HardRojo

September is going to be a crazy month. I'll probably get 6 or 7 amiibo that month alone. Don't care about Mii Fighters, Olimar nor Dr. Mario. I don't even what to think about how they'll handle exclusivity in the US.

mstevens

I'll be in NYC this weekend, but I've never been to the Nintendo world store before. Think they'll have any rare Amiibo (or other cool merch)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom