• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
September is going to be a crazy month. I'll probably get 6 or 7 amiibo that month alone. Don't care about Mii Fighters, Olimar nor Dr. Mario. I don't even what to think about how they'll handle exclusivity in the US.

IIIRC exclusives for Wave 6 are Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr. and Blue Yarn Yoshi. The kiosks haven't been updated with the newly announced stuff like Duck Hunt and Mii Fighters so there could be more we don't know about it.

Favocado

I'll be in NYC this weekend, but I've never been to the Nintendo world store before. Think they'll have any rare Amiibo (or other cool merch)?

They have a ton of cool merch! Always tempted to leave with something whenever I head down there.

They usually hold their shipments of rarer amiibo in the back and release them on specific days. They make those announcements on their twitter. For a regular day they just have the usual commons/uncommons.

DooD1234

Has Jigglypuff really been available for a few days now?
I've checked each of the past three days and have been able to add to cart and get all the way to the last part of checkout, but don't finalize since I already have her.

http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-am...93#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=jigglypuff+amiibo
Wow, Jigglypuff still there for those that want her.
i caved and bought Lucina for $30 since she is the last amiibo i needed till September i think i might have a problem.....
That not as bad as me...I caved before Little Mac restocks start coming in and bought it for $72. Yes I have a real problem and it hurts every time I look at Little Mac prices every time on Amazon third party sellers. It makes me wanna cry. In fact, to rub salt in the wound, even Neogaf ads taunt me that I can buy Little Mac for as little as $25.

LiK

Amazon.co.jp is preparing my Yarn Yoshis and god they're cheaper than I thought they were going to be. $46.39 for all 3, which comes out to something like $15.46 each. I've got to pay Tenso still but god damn.

Japan is the best option for the price. i'm using BiJ as my forwarding service.

catmario

nMKLBz5.jpg

My Yoshi Amiibo just shipped few minutes ago!!! Yoo hoo!!!

Thoraxes

5B in stock at Amazon germany and amiami!

On it!

Only thing that sucks is that my Olimar and Dr. Mario already shipped so I can't get cheaper shipping with the Bowser Jr. I need.

Guess i'll add a Shulk and Marth so I can open and use them in Codename S.T.E.A.M. and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D lol. It is payday today after all!

Was sad there were no Yarn Yoshi available ;_;

Velcro Fly

Dr. Mario is still up on amazon jp and Bowser Jr was still there up until an hour or two ago. Seems like they won't be too hard to find. Olimar was up for a decent amount of time when he finally went up too.

Still have my Wave 5A and Ness/Rosalina sitting in boxes. Going to wait for these three to arrive early next month and open all of them at once. I need a storage solution though. I have them sitting in two cardboard boxes and it seems like a bad time. I was considering one of those plastic drawer things but I'm not sure. I definitely cannot have any kind of display because my bedroom where I'd keep them is a dust magnet. As it is I'm constantly checking and blowing dust off of them.

Mob

Yea all Wave 6 is on there and even Falco (from Wave 7?). But at $24 each including shipping I think I'll wait for them to go up on amazon.

Yup, nin-nin aren't cheap to import from, wanted to get that famicom R.O.B. secured though!

I think amazon.co.jp through Tenso will be the cheapest option.

cyba89

Got Olimar today and I think I have every character I want now. The only one I still might be interested in is Mewtwo, but aside from him I'm free from the Amiibo-shackles now!

Mob

God, that's so expensive. I might as well just pay a scalper, basically the same chizz.

EDIT:
So I did the math, and with shipping costs, it came out to $33, and that was with the cheapest shipping option...

It was $7 cheaper when I posted the link (still not cheap), cheeky to increase the price as units shift!

LiK

Gonna avoid sites like Nin-Nin. Seems like the most recent amiibos aren't as hard to find. You can even buy wave 5a figures for like $22 each with Prime from a reseller on Amazon.

Secondary market is super saturated now. Good news for us. I'll wait for Amazon Japan or Italy to get the next wave. Been having good luck with them.

DooD1234

So amazon.uk send my order of amiibos and there no tracking info. Only information I have is that it being delivered by Royal Mail. Anyone know about this?

DooD1234

Yea, no tracking unless you use expedited, iirc.
Hmm, okay well, I guess I can be confidant it will be delivered to me.

Anyone have any experience returning orders from imports on Amazon too? I actually tried to cancel them because I found wave 5b available on amazon.de but I couldn't because it already being prepared for dispatch.

Nintendo corrected the pages for the 30th Anniversary Mario amiibo but has not updated Palutena's page. She is still listed for release on July 27.

I noticed a few errors on Nintendo's official amiibo lineup page.

The 8-bit 30th Anniversary Mario amiibo are listed with release dates of September 2014. Oops.

What's more concerning, Nintendo notes Palutena's release as Monday, July 27, not the Friday the 24th. This contradicts Amazon Josh's statement. Dark Pit is [correctly] listed as Friday, July 31.

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/i1KDMHGbdGoZDNKn7SO0wf__oVGRFtBw

5Yy7CFy.png

LiK

Hmm, okay well, I guess I can be confidant it will be delivered to me.

Anyone have any experience returning orders from imports on Amazon too? I actually tried to cancel them because I found wave 5b available on amazon.de but I couldn't because it already being prepared for dispatch.

Never had any packages lost from them so you should be fine. Returns should be similar to any other Amazon site.

DooD1234

I cancelled my UK order and ordered from Germany last night. $19 a piece compared to like $24.
I tried but Amazon UK couldn't cancel and is now shipping. Now I have 2 of wave 5b coming my way. Rather than returning I might feel generous sell it for retail on Gaf. I don't know :/

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Have an extra King Dedede and Little Mac to trade for a Robin and Lucina.

Toki767

I'm still waiting on a US Villager and Little Mac restock outside of the Nintendo World Store. Those have got to be the two most expensive amiibo now.

Wulfric

So my Target order of Rosalina and Jigglypuff came in. They bent both boxes inwards to fit in the package...

Anybody have experience with Target customer service regarding this situation?

So I am only now reluctantly entering the amiibo life after being pissed at Nintendo for making it so hard for me to give them my money. The reason this is happening now is related to my question:

Why is it easier to find amiibo in Germany?

From randomly walking into Gamestops and Media Markt's in Augsburg (where I am currently staying with my girlfriend before returning to America), Berlin, and Hamburg, I have purchased Ness, Pac-Man, Squid-Girl, Marth (one of 10 on the shelves), and Little Mac.

The amount of Marth's in particular surprised me. Is this common knowledge or is something going on here?

Edit: Even stranger - I saw a Ganondorf at the same Media Markt. I have a picture of the store shelf I can upload later.

Meeps

So my Target order of Rosalina and Jigglypuff came in. They bent both boxes inwards to fit in the package...

Anybody have experience with Target customer service regarding this situation?

It sounds like a ton of people who ordered two had them crushed into a tiny box. I didn't have the patience to call customer service so I used their email form yesterday. No response yet.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo corrected the pages for the 30th Anniversary Mario amiibo but has not updated Palutena's page. She is still listed for release on July 27.

Perhaps she is a Monday release then? I sure wouldn't mind :p

And wow Nin-Nin is wayyyyy to expensive! I'll just wait for another import site to list ROB :/

Wulfric

It sounds like a ton of people who ordered two had them crushed into a tiny box. I didn't have the patience to call customer service so I used their email form yesterday. No response yet.

Good thinking, I sent them this just now.

Wulfric said:
"Hello, I purchased the Rosalina amiibo and Jigglypuff amiibo on 7/10/2015 (Order #XX). They were delivered today and I was disappointed to see that the boxes were bent in half in order to fit in the package. These boxes were to be left unopened for display, and now they have an irreversible bend. These products are Target exclusives, and Rosalina is already out of stock. I was wondering what could be done about this issue."

Hopefully something comes out it. I tried straightening them out but they just bend back.

Just ordered Jigglypuff and Mega Man off of Target, kind of wish I had only ordered one now since they may squish them into one box :/.

So, I know someone people do a boxed collection of amiibo, an Out of Box collection and sometimes even both, so what do you guys do? I have a few in box and a few out of box, but kind of want to concentrate my efforts to one or the other.

Toki767

For what it's worth, when I ordered 2 Jigglypuffs the first time at Target, they didn't crush them into a small box. Seems like some just got unlucky with the packer.

Just ordered Jigglypuff and Mega Man off of Target, kind of wish I had only ordered one now since they may squish them into one box :/.

So, I know someone people do a boxed collection of amiibo, an Out of Box collection and sometimes even both, so what do you guys do? I have a few in box and a few out of box, but kind of want to concentrate my efforts to one or the other.

Hi fellow Tanner, when I get all my boxes home to America I will be unboxing them bad boys for sure. The boxes don't look bad but I think they will look nicer on a table unboxed together. Plus I actually want to use the things.

Favocado

Got the Marth and Rosalina I ordered from Target and they got smushed into a tiny package. Both blister packages were caved in at the top and both cardboards were bent. There's a first time for everything, I guess...

scoot3r

I ordered two rosalinas that got delivered today from target now I'm worried! Fuck! Haven't got home from work to check.

Edit: worried for nothing :)

Hi fellow Tanner, when I get all my boxes home to America I will be unboxing them bad boys for sure. The boxes don't look bad but I think they will look nicer on a table unboxed together. Plus I actually want to use the things.

See that's what I'm thinking, and I'm getting a case to have them displayed in EVENTUALLY so I feel like they would look nicer out of the box than in the box if they were in a case anyways.

Also oh shit Tanner hype

Yarbskoo

My Rosalina came in the mail today, so of course I had to free her and take some pictures.
D7Wf54i.png

I feel like this is one of the better amiibo faces I've seen.
mbusgta.png
eaTamNh.png

Here you can see my main complaints with the figure. The hair seam crack, the bent wand, and the half painted earring.
7zvr97v.png

A closeup of the face. The shape gives it some weird shading, and the lips could use a bit more paint, but the eye looks really good.
18tMY12.png

ngower

Are the Splatoon amiibo still impossible to find? I don't check as regularly as you guys do, I'm sure but will check every time I'm in a Best Buy or Target or Gamestop or whatever. I didn't think I'd want them, but I've been enjoying Splatoon a lot and want to pick up the amiibo.

On a related note, do we have any idea when the Animal Crossing amiibo will go on sale/pre-order?

The Target package for my Marth amiibo arrived today.

It was empty.

CKDyGL5WgAAW32T.jpg

...I'm guessing I should call the Guest Services number on the receipt?

At least I got Jiggly and Rosalina.

I've resorted to importing a lot of them from Europe. Oddly cheaper than buying them from Amazon US for me.
Dark Pit, Palutena, ZSS, and Ganondorf. The extra few bucks is worth not freaking out about them.
Well, anyways, my collection is mostly complete. Got all the ones from the currently released waves in the U.S. Outside of the Pokemon ones (I hate Pokemon)
Lucina is pretty great, so is Dark Pit.
Oh, btw, Link got a reprint. He has a mouth now. It's weird

Isotope

I ordered Palutena from Amazon UK a few weeks ago, and she was supposed to arrive on the 13th. It's the 16th and still nothing. And I have no way of tracking the package since it's via Royal Mail; I hope she didn't get lost. :(

RK128

I have a question; how common is the Kirby amiibo?

I know the Ness one is rare but I would like to get both of them at some point in the future to honor Iwata's creations :). They would go nicely with my Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man amiibo I think :D.

Thank you for your guys help :D.

Are the Splatoon amiibo still impossible to find? I don't check as regularly as you guys do, I'm sure but will check every time I'm in a Best Buy or Target or Gamestop or whatever. I didn't think I'd want them, but I've been enjoying Splatoon a lot and want to pick up the amiibo.

On a related note, do we have any idea when the Animal Crossing amiibo will go on sale/pre-order?

I think they are common (at least the single-pack Inking Boy and Girl ones) but you might have to look around to find them. I know some local GameStops carry the three-pack and single-packs, but never saw them in my local one in West Hempstead (they only have the Super Mario and Mario Smash amiibo).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom