• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is fucked up

Called customer service and they said they'd send a replacement. The site says they're out of stock, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

What's bothering me more is that the confirmation email states I have to send the "item to be replaced" by 7/23, which I didn't hear about over the phone. That's not something I can exactly do, so if I don't see any updates in the next couple days, I'll call them again.

Dimentios

Why is it easier to find amiibo in Germany?

Two months ago there were also unicorn rare amiibo in germany like Rosalina, Dedede, Meta-Knight, Little Mac, Fe Characters and others. However since two-three weeks amiibo are not that rare anymore. With a little patience every amiibo can be found in stock at several stores. Even new waves are no problem anymore.

Furthermore the german amiibo forums are flooded with sale threads of last wave amiibo for +-0 profit, just to get rid of the duplicates they got while preordering at several stores.

Only the three Yarn Yoshis are pretty damn rare at the moment (out of stock). But that is understandable. All the other ones can be found.

Since silver and gold mario are only available in the US (and canada I think) there is a high demand for them in Germany and other european countries.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
I also have an extra Ness to trade someone for either Robin or Lucina

ngower

I think they are common (at least the single-pack Inking Boy and Girl ones) but you might have to look around to find them. I know some local GameStops carry the three-pack and single-packs, but never saw them in my local one in West Hempstead (they only have the Super Mario and Mario Smash amiibo).

Strange, all the online sites show them as out of stock within a pretty significant range and I haven't spotted one in the wild ever.

RK128

Strange, all the online sites show them as out of stock within a pretty significant range and I haven't spotted one in the wild ever.

I live in NY, Franklin Square, so when I searched for them on GameStops store-locater I found that a few of them had them still.

Now that I looked on the site again.....found nothing sadly :(. Sorry if I mislead you or anything X(.

Scored me Shulk and Villager at NWS. Finally an amiibo I wanted that didn't sell out while I was on line.

EDIT. Back of Villager shows the Wii U and New 3DS graphics.

A small thing I noticed today: The Instruction Booklets for Olimar and Bowser Jr. are the ones they use for the smaller boxes. Dr. Mario's is still the old one.
6WOjd7G.jpg

massoluk

Banned
I ordered two Charizard by mistake...

Long shot, but I'll trade one for (in USA):

Lucina, Jigglypuff, Ike, Rosalina, Greninja

Hey, I said long shot. Betting there will be no taker and I'll just return it at a Target :p

ZeroX03

Banned
Picked up the last two released amiibo that I want today. I've got 30th Anniversary Mario (Modern) and Mewtwo pre-ordered and that's it. e: and Ryu! Maybe Chibi-Robo if the game gets good reviews, I know nothing about that series.

Have been tempted to start playing Animal Crossing again lately though. But I know if I do I'll want some of the AC line. Probably best to hold off on that.

LiK

i got the Pit reprint from Walmart. damn figure popped outta its base. sculpt is perfect tho.

and yes, new packaging has Wii U and New 3DS on the back.

Picked up the last two released amiibo that I want today. I've got 30th Anniversary Mario (Modern) and Mewtwo pre-ordered and that's it. e: and Ryu! Maybe Chibi-Robo if the game gets good reviews, I know nothing about that series.

Have been tempted to start playing Animal Crossing again lately though. But I know if I do I'll want some of the AC line. Probably best to hold off on that.

where did you preorder?

Tomita

On a related note, do we have any idea when the Animal Crossing amiibo will go on sale/pre-order?

Just "Holiday 2015", see best OP.

We won't know when preordering starts for a long while. We don't even have September's preordering time-frame yet. After the wave in September, look around for preordering dates, unless Nintendo/retailers decide to change things up by then and announce the dates sooner.

Assuming you are in the US. However, I think Europeans also have to wait a long ass time for preorder dates, right? Just not as bad as the US?

willizle02

Neo Member
Did anyone else that got a pit recently from the restock at Walmart get theirs with one leg looking like a sausage? Cuz mine is and like it looks super sunburnt and it's so off putting.

fVWmht8.jpg

Fox Mulder

I'm not seeing Kirby as much now, but he was certainly common back during his original release.

kirby was everywhere but has dropped off. I never got around to getting him, and was picky with quality. He's so simple in design, that paint blemishes or uneven eyes really stands out.

Everyone who had there Target orders shipped poorly: were they shipped together in the same box or separately? I know my two Amiibo (Marth and Rosie) were sent in two separate shipments, so I'm hoping I'll be okay. If they are bent/crushed, I'm just going to send them back, as I pretty much already have those two anyway. Damaged packaging doesn't make for such good trade bait I find.

A small thing I noticed today: The Instruction Booklets for Olimar and Bowser Jr. are the ones they use for the smaller boxes. Dr. Mario's is still the old one.

Man, these are the three I need most at the moment, but I can't seem to find Bowser Jr. or Olimar available anywhere. Where did you order from?

I got them in store yesterday on my way home. I don't order online because I don't want to be stuck with a bad paint job, I like to just compare the ones they have for any defects.

Meeps

Everyone who had there Target orders shipped poorly: were they shipped together in the same box or separately? I know my two Amiibo (Marth and Rosie) were sent in two separate shipments, so I'm hoping I'll be okay. If they are bent/crushed, I'm just going to send them back, as I pretty much already have those two anyway. Damaged packaging doesn't make for such good trade bait I find.

Shipments with two per box often had the plastic parts crushed together, though some people had bent cards too. It's a shame because I wanted to cancel the order to begin with. Hopefully they ignore the plastic damage and sell them instead of throwing them in a landfill.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
6AHmMwG.jpg

keFFXoW.jpg

I also checked Target earlier and saw a big cart full of Jigglypuffs. Amazing to see something besides pegs of commons for once!

6AHmMwG.jpg

keFFXoW.jpg

I also checked Target earlier and saw a big cart full of Jigglypuffs. Amazing to see something besides pegs of commons for once!

Is it really your Birthday, Diggeh? Happy B-day man! Also, I'm starting to think Nintendo is going to be stocking the exclusives more regularly from now on. All signs seem to point to that direction. The urgency to get all of them right away now doesn't seem as strong for me (of course I'm still going to try to do that).

My dad was at Best Buy a couple days ago and just today told me he saw an amiibo with spikes all over his back and shiny metal armor. Not a picture, but an actual figure in a box that you could buy. I asked him to go back and send me a picture or buy it. In the meantime I sent him this picture:

xgWdmDx.jpg

He said no, that wasn't it, but he'd go back and buy whatever it was. He returned to the store today, saw it again and left it on the shelf. He just called again to confirm that was indeed it, a metallic-armored Bowser amiibo. He's going back ASAP. I'll let you guys know what he buys when he gets there, if it's still there waiting for him.

I only see a listing for a $65 5-amiibo bundle with Ness, DeDeDe, Shulk, Pit and Silver Mario.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Noticed my GS still had 2 Ness behind the counter then later were put on the shelf with the other amiibo.

.....also it takes a loooooooooong time to transer 9GB from an OG launch day 3DS to New 3DS XL.....

Jawmuncher

Noticed my GS still had 2 Ness behind the counter then later were put on the shelf with the other amiibo.

.....also it takes a loooooooooong time to transer 9GB from an OG launch day 3DS to New 3DS XL.....

Hell yeah it does. I didn't even have that much in size and it took forever.
------
Happy Birthday Diggeh, glad you took control of the thread. Better care and work than I could have put in.

Az987

all good things
Bleh, I got my Rosalina and Jigglypuff from target in the mail today and to make them fit in the box they used they just completely bent the cardboard part of Rosalina's packaging to a 90 degree angle.

Now I feel like pushing over a something at the Target up the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom