• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

illadelph

thanks Joei, can't believe that I just ordered Ness, and also got Rosalina and Jigglypuff in the mail today

what a time to be alive

and thanks based Reggie for the restocks

AceVenturaVictory.gif

je_ssi e

Got my Rosa a few hours ago from the Target restock.
Everything is perfect!

Was worried with the box horror stories, but I open mine anyways so I wasn't all that worried.. I guess. Aha. But, the box arrived in perfect condition.

And, I'm happy with her.

Only noticed two things wrong with her. Looks like some extra white paint on her dress. And, a little extra nail polish on her right hand. Can probably clean those off if I'm really bothered. Was honestly mostly concerned whether or not her earrings were going to be completely painted and they are!

Also... Happy Birthday OP of best OT!

starmud

The two targets I work from have jigglypuffs in stock but not because they were sent to the store.... But because we're getting so many returned lol

I know I helped by returning the extra I picked up :p

Pretty happy I was able to get a ness again right now. Gave my other away. I guess the 7/17 restock was real. Curious to visit the stores around me now.

Well Target bent my Rosie even though there was more than enough room in the box for her. I've decided to just open her. My Marth is mostly okay, but there are some small creases in the cardboard that are only noticeable from the back side. I guess I can live with it.

Well, he failed to take a picture, but apparently Best Buy store managers were gifted promotional amiibo figures by Nintendo representatives. My dad went back to Best Buy and tried to purchase a Hammer Slam Bowser figure but was turned down when the computer wouldn't scan it and the associate had to call a manager.

"How did you get that, that's not for sale, that's mine! You can buy any and all the other amiibo you want on that shelf but that shouldn't have been on display with the others."

afd4Z3n.jpg

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Well, he failed to take a picture, but apparently Best Buy store managers were gifted promotional amiibo figures by Nintendo representatives. My dad went back to Best Buy and tried to purchase a Hammer Slam Bowser figure but was turned down when the computer wouldn't scan it and the associate had to call a manager.

"How did you get that, that's not for sale, that's mine! You can buy any and all the other amiibo you want on that shelf but that shouldn't have been on display with the others."

afd4Z3n.jpg

Why didn't that guy put it away when he got it? Or if he wasn't doing truck stocks, you think he would be aware and let someone know about it. None on eBay yet is very surprising.

Enthus

afd4Z3n.jpg

Oh well, it looks pretty bad anyway.

So does anyone think I can get a good trade for a Ness (I have an extra I got for a friend but he no longer needs it) or am I better off just taking it back to GS and leaving it for someone else?

Hatchtag

Banned
So does anyone think I can get a good trade for a Ness (I have an extra I got for a friend but he no longer needs it) or am I better off just taking it back to GS and leaving it for someone else?

Hold off like a week till the restock is out of everybody's minds and it'll be sought after again.

Piscus

Random question, but... Can anyone put the Iwata memorial emblem at the bottom of my avatar...? I would really love to have that.

G0523

I really need to stop ordering amiibo from Amazon UK. Sure I get them earlier than the US releases but at the same time they're costing me about $20 each. :/

Piscus

Well I caved an got a villager off of eBay for 22.95 plus 3 shipping. First amiibo I've gotten over msrp..feels bad man

Don't worry. Before long you will be desensitized to it, and then you will rationalize the crap out of it. That security will be worth it, especially when you have the amiibo in your hands.

...and nobody else does.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I just stumbled across a few stores in my area with (plentiful) supplies of Wario and Charizard, along with Toad -- and a store with 2-3 Ness figures.

Should I grab these for anybody? I had the impression, from someone, that a few of these were hard to get. I know Ness is somewhat difficult to find, but I wasn't sure if I should grab any in case someone else was clamoring for them.

ChrisD

I didn't know that Ness lost so much value. My brother found one in some slightly beat packaging. He said I could have it, so I bought it with the intention of trading it for a Lucina.

Then I looked up the values.

Anybody uh... anybody want a slightly torn but sealed Ness for their loose Lucina/Robin? Any region. I just want them for Fire Emblem Fates next year.

sudden realization I just paid $13 with the intention of getting another figure to use solely for DLC

I paid $13 for DLC

what the f

Edit: lol at the above. Lucina the Smooth rolls off the tongue rather well.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't know that Ness lost so much value. My brother found one in some slightly beat packaging. He said I could have it, so I bought it with the intention of trading it for a Lucina.

Then I looked up the values.

Anybody uh... anybody want a slightly torn but sealed Ness for their loose Lucina/Robin? Any region. I just want them for Fire Emblem Fates next year.

sudden realization I just paid $13 with the intention of getting another figure to use solely for DLC

I paid $13 for DLC

what the f

Edit: lol at the above. Lucina the Smooth rolls off the tongue rather well.

Smoothcina

Drago

So I ordered 5B from amazon.de with express shipping and everything and it shipped through UPS. Checked tracking yesterday and it was scheduled to get here on Monday. But I check it now and it's saying my items are being "Held in Warehouse". I don't think it's customs because my items haven't even left the country of origin (unless custom checks can happen in the origin country, I'm not sure). Or maybe it's a weekend thing, I have no idea.

Does anyone have any idea how long I can expect this to last? I was really looking forward to Monday but I guess that's not happening anymore.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
Hey guys, apologies for being so OT, but Rumble U doesn't have its own thread and I reckon there are people here that might be able to help me out.

I'm looking for Pokémon Rumble U figures :) If anyone has a few and are willing to sell me them, please send me a private message! Thanks in advance.

Crom

I don't know if anyone wants the Yarn Yoshi amiibo but I ordered all 3 colors today on J-Subculture for $72 including shipping (to the US) It was the best prices on these that I have seen in a long time. Just thought I would share. Don't know how hard these will be to come by so I played it safe so I don't miss out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom