• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

tier1dc

the Merrifield Target in Fairfax VA has 30+ Jigglypuffs if anyone is looking for one.

I took this photo around 5pm Sunday.

gigd2JG.jpg

Wulfric

Swung by Target earlier today, no sign of Jigglypuff or Rosalina. With these seemingly widespread restocks, I figured I would return the amiibo with damaged boxes and wait for the new stock to roll out.

And that is an awful lot of Jigglypuff for one store. o_O

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, this week is Palutena, then next week is Dark Pit. Just glad I don't have Calculus class on Fridays, so hopefully I should have the entire day to watch/be ready for when she's up.

bumpkin

the Merrifield Target in Fairfax VA has 30+ Jigglypuffs if anyone is looking for one.

I took this photo around 5pm Sunday.

gigd2JG.jpg
That's an awful lot of Jiggs. I was at my local Target yesterday, they didn't have any of him. Just a bunch of the commons (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Pikachu, etc.).

prateeko

Well I caved an got a villager off of eBay for 22.95 plus 3 shipping. First amiibo I've gotten over msrp..feels bad man
Honestly that's not bad at all. Based on that I'd say the Amiibo "bubble" has burst for resellers, which is nice since it means I can pick up a robin and Marth to open without giving up an appendage

.Anema

The NA Villager and Wii Fit Trainer will be the rarest Amiibo for collectors? It seems that the restock for both is not really happening...
Besides Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, what are the rarest Amiibo?

Toki767

The NA Villager and Wii Fit Trainer will be the rarest Amiibo for collectors? It seems that the restock for both is not really happening...
Besides Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, what are the rarest Amiibo?

Little Mac, Lucina, and Robin.

WFT got restocked actually.

Villager and Little Mac only got restocked at the NWS.

Josh5890

Little Mac, Lucina, and Robin.

WFT got restocked actually.

Villager and Little Mac only got restocked at the NWS.

Yea Little Mac hasn't seen much help to date. Lucina and Robin are still a bit fresh but they are definitely on the rare side. Although I thought I saw that TRU was getting Lucina.

Isn't Captain Falcon in that rare territory as well?

.Anema

Yea Little Mac hasn't seen much help to date. Lucina and Robin are still a bit fresh but they are definitely on the rare side. Although I thought I saw that TRU was getting Lucina.

Isn't Captain Falcon in that rare territory as well?

At least for me C. Falcon is not in the same level of Villager, Little Mac and Wii Fit Trainer.
And probably Villager will be the rarest Amiibo in a few years :/

Josh5890

At least for me C. Falcon is not in the same level of Villager, Little Mac and Wii Fit Trainer.

That still boggles my mind. Villager is the main character of an active franchise that sold very well on the 3DS and has two spin off games coming out this year. I would expect Villager to be at least one of the top half available characters.

But what do I know.

Went browsing this weekend.

Target: nothing
Best Buy: some Silver Mario
TRU: Link and Sonic were the only slightly in commons
GameStop: got the last Wario from the Charizard, Ness, Toad, and Wario restock

Yoo so i went around some stores today just casually browsing and went into a gamestop, wasnt looking for anything and low and behold they had a Ness :eek: snatched that bad boy up. 😏

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So Dark Bowser is now exclusive to Toys R Us....an amiibo exclusive to an exclusive system bundle, now store exclusive.

Shadoron

I'd take this a step further and say the first print run of Villager will be the most rare. The reprint fixed his eyes, so there's a very noticeable difference between the two print runs. If Amiibos actually end up having a collectable market (they may not, remember that most of the inflated values so far were all based on Nintendo's manufactured demand...), the NA first run Villager will probably end up being the grail of Amiibo collecting. Gold Mario could become pricey too, they made a ton of them for Walmart, but apparently aren't going to reprint them. And who knows exactly what a "ton" actually means. 25,000?

So Dark Bowser is now exclusive to Toys R Us....an amiibo exclusive to an exclusive system bundle, now store exclusive.
What do gou mean dark bowser? I didnt know they announced alt colors for amiibos. Are are you talking about the hammer slaming bowser thing for skylanders?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup. The only you can ONLY get as part of a bundle for the Wii version of Skylanders Supercharged.

.....yes, WII, without the U. Wii U gets you the DK one.

prateeko

This was kind of a given wasn't it? NoA was just waiting to dry out the 2DS/budget 3DS market and they knew early adopters would buy the more expensive New 3DS XL, and then release the lower cost New 3DS in time for the holidays without limiting the available supply for the rest of the regions (i.e. Europe). It's a dirty, slimy move and I may finally fight back and not triple/quintuple dip a Nintendo handheld.

:::sobs in the corner:::

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I am both upset and relieved that the Animal Crossing has 8 full characters in it.

On one hand, I'm upset because it means I can't be an amiibo completionist because I only recognize two of the characters and I couldn't justify to myself spending the money to buy the complete set.

On the other hand, I'm relieved because I don't have to be an amiibo completionist because I only recognize two of the characters and I couldn't justify to myself spending the money to buy the complete set.

Such is the amiibo life.

zulux21

anyone else debating only getting one of the mii fighters instead of all 3?

Im not, I wouldn't touch the mii fighters even if they were worth $100 each and a pile of a bunch of them where in front of me at at store at 50% off.

I don't like miis, I don't support miis in games, and I will likely never do anything related to them such as dress them up in costumes or junk like that (I pretend they don't exist in smash and just see the polygon fighters when I face them in the main one player mode :p). I hated that i had to play as a mii in fortune street and only tolerated it because fortune street is an amazing game.

it makes me a little sad any time I see diggeh post :p

prateeko

anyone else debating only getting one of the mii fighters instead of all 3?

Are they coming separately or in a triple pack ala Splatoon?

Im not, I wouldn't touch the mii fighters even if they were worth $100 each and a pile of a bunch of them where in front of me at at store at 50% off.

I don't like miis, I don't support miis in games, and I will likely never do anything related to them such as dress them up in costumes or junk like that (I pretend they don't exist in smash and just see the polygon fighters when I face them in the main one player mode :p). I hated that i had to play as a mii in fortune street and only tolerated it because fortune street is an amazing game.

Tell us how you really feel :p

zulux21

Tell us how you really feel :p

nintendo should work with square enix to make a new fortune street game with amiibo support but this time instead of mii costumes take the sphere mode from the final fantasy version of the game and have the amiibo all have unique classes.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

it makes me a little sad any time I see diggeh post :p

HneKfxF.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom