• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby_fox

Banned
12 huh?

I don't know if I even want to get out of bed. It's dark pit...are scalpers really gonna try to make money on this still? The aftermarket is fairly dead.

Didn't think it'd still be worth it.

Got here about 5 minutes ago in Brookfield Wisconsin. 8 people already were here ahead of me. I want the amiibo, but I hate this aspect of it. This drains me so much. I'd love to be sitting home until they open instead of on this concrete ground.

I wish I could post a pic, but I got my Dark Pit ticket, I'm number 26

sOx69Sj.jpg

Apparently all remaining inventory after 1pm local time will be released to GP, limit THREE per customer.

dankir

Got my Dark Pit this morning. I went to my eB at 9:10 AM I was the first one there. They only had 2.

But I have Palutena and Dark Pit, first time since the original wave I got everything on Day 1.

Feels good man.

edit:

WaZwSqH.jpg

Fuck. I'm at work and can't visit Best Buy until my lunch break. I might not make it! :<

Worse of all is that I need to get two, one for me and one for my girlfriend.

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
Wow, doors open and everyone walked to where the amiibos should be and a store rep ran up to say, "amiibos up front"
Then the sprinting started. I don't know if I'm disappointed in the people around me or BB for being this clown shoes this far into the amiibo game. Still got DP, but I hope nobody got hosed.

1up

Fuck. I'm at work and can't visit Best Buy until my lunch break. I might not make it! :<

Worse of all is that I need to get two, one for me and one for my girlfriend.

I went to bestbuy in NJ on my break and arrived at 10am on the dot. Must have been 50 people ahead of me. I just left and ordered one from Amazon for 20 bucks.

LOL @ everyone bum-rushing the amiibo display only to return to the customer service line empty-handed and disappointed.

Also, there were pieces of masking tape on the back of the amiibo with matching ticket numbers on them to prevent shenanigans. Bravo, Best Buy.

Chucker

5th in line after the standoff. 43 available.
First person tries to buy 8, crowd boos them.

Nintendo rep was present, gave out SMB30 pins.

Great times!

D-Stubbs

Only five were in line including myself when my Best Buy opened and they had at least 20+ Dark Pits there so got one pretty easily. Not as bad as I thought it be. Only had to wait a half hour in line.

Velcro Fly

5th in line after the standoff. 43 available.
First person tries to buy 8, crowd boos them.

Nintendo rep was present, gave out SMB30 pins.

Great times!

hahaha holy shit really.

i don't think i'd have the fortitude to tip my hand as a scalper in front of a line of people that all want the same thing. that is something you do online when places are too dumb to put a limit on it. I mean even 2 is somewhat less scummy. 8? motherfucker trying to pay his rent this month i guess

kirby_fox

Banned
I walked in 3 minutes after opening, stood in line for about 5 minutes. Only a couple people behind me and still had ten left.

How I keep walking in at opening without any issues I have no idea.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I am beyond pissed that the ONE day of the year that I have to be somewhere from 10-1 today... And that's when the Best Buy ticket time-frame is. Tried to get someone else to pick me up one but the "one per FAMILY" rule screwed me on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom