• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What I heard is that the 3-pack will only be at GameStop BUT you can buy them individually at other stores.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
What I heard is that the 3-pack will only be at GameStop BUT you can buy them individually at other stores.

Hmmm it COULD be that this 3-pack itself is an exclusive but not the Amiibo... Might as well get them all in one go though.

So at 32+ per store and 4,434 stores in the US that's 141,888+, so the US allocation alone is probably around 150,000. Kind of insane for these characters, right? I wonder if it it'll end up being something dumb, like the last 16 at each store get it in January or something, or if they really do have an initial shipment that large.

Okay, Yano face. The guy I talked to got back to me and said that all the other info is right.

Fortunately, since I'm a regular at that store, he said he will hook me up.

Da Fish

Neo Member
I work for Gamestop and I have yet to find anything concrete on the event for Saturday (and I'm really trying). I feel like this is a really big messed up game of telephone because all the articles being posted link to the same reddit source. Until I hear from the higher ups personally I'm going to say this is false.

Thoraxes

All I know is no matter what happens, me, my PUR card, and my money will be there at least 4 hours early.

If it does happen, I'm so happy to know its almost over.

From the upcoming wave the only ones I'm missing are just those retro 3, and the Miiverse fighters.

Da Fish

Neo Member
What's going on again on Saturday? :/

It's being speculated that there will be an amiibo event held at Gamestop this Saturday where you can preorder a triple pack of Game & Watch, Duck Hunt, and Rob. However I've found no solid evidence on the matter except for hearsay.

Tomita

Please sell individually at the other stores, please...

Ugh, has the ship already sailed with imports? Assuming I could find a cheap import anyway. -_- I just want a ROB figure, I don't even care about it being an amiibo lol. This is such bullshit.

It's being speculated that there will be an amiibo event held at Gamestop this Saturday where you can preorder a triple pack of Game & Watch, Duck Hunt, and Rob. However I've found no solid evidence on the matter except for hearsay.

Also work at GS and its true, had a district conference call today about it. Only piece of misinfo I have seen is that flyer and people saying the 9am open is for everybody but I have not seen anything to say that and have seen plenty to say its PUR only

willizle02

Neo Member
Please sell individually at the other stores, please...

Ugh, has the ship already sailed with imports? Assuming I could find a cheap import anyway. -_- I just want a ROB figure, I don't even care about it being an amiibo lol. This is such bullshit.

The only other place I've seen selling the retros was I think Amazon Italy, but other than that, there hasn't been any other places. I'm surprised GS is doing these preorders to begin with, since they haven't even started selling the 5B amiibos yet.

Tomita

The only other place I've seen selling the retros was I think Amazon Italy, but other than that, there hasn't been any other places. I'm surprised GS is doing these preorders to begin with, since they haven't even started selling the 5B amiibos yet.

Oh, phew. I think I got confused with all the Ganon's and Palutena's importers got a while ago. So if the 3-pack really is an exclusive I can maybe keep my eye on imports still.
Not holding my breath for a price I like, heh.

I've kind of debated just sucking it up and buying the 3-pack anyway (I don't want Duck Hunt, but I like Mr Game and Watch, just not enough to own an amiibo) but I don't even want to play the game. It's so stupid and I don't want to enable it, lol. Screw NoA, man. Didn't think it could get any worse...

I know some of you think the 3-pack makes collecting easier but not everyone is collecting every fig.

Oh, phew. I think I got confused with all the Ganon's and Palutena's importers got a while ago. So if the 3-pack really is an exclusive I can maybe keep my eye on imports still.
Not holding my breath for a price I like, heh.

I've kind of debated just sucking it up and buying the 3-pack anyway (I don't want Duck Hunt, but I like Mr Game and Watch, just not enough to own an amiibo) but I don't even want to play the game. It's so stupid and I don't want to enable it, lol. Screw NoA, man. Didn't think it could get any worse...

I know some of you think the 3-pack makes collecting easier but not everyone is collecting every fig.
If you manage to snag a 3 pack I'll take Duck Hunt, it's the only one I'd like. :p

Da Fish

Neo Member
Also work at GS and its true, had a district conference call today about it. Only piece of misinfo I have seen is that flyer and people saying the 9am open is for everybody but I have not seen anything to say that and have seen plenty to say its PUR only

All I know is there is indeed an event (speculated to be amiibo via reddit) happening on the 8th from the call last week. They haven't told our district the specifics yet so I'll take your word for it fellow gamestopper.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got Zelda & Sheik today thanks to a friend, and with Dark Pit arriving on Thursday (same friend, but I traded a spare Rosalina), he'll make #30 in my collection.

Actually, looking at it now, I'm surprised at how many I've gotten for free via gifts or friends:

- Mario
- Peach
- Yoshi
- Kirby
- Fox
- Wii Fit Trainer
- Zelda
- Sheik
- Pit
- Little Mac

So 1/3rd of my collection, I obtained for free. & even then, I got Luigi, DK, Marth, & Pac-Man for only $8.50 each.

.............also I'm REALLY running out of room on my shelf now. I'm barely gonna be able to fit Dark Pit on there, come next month, there's gonna be no space left.

Ridley327

How was ness pré order? How soon do we need to be at gamestop? 1 hour will be enough?

There were nuclear testing sites that looked less bombed out than what the Ness pre-orders did to their systems. That being said, this is being handled differently on a more basic level, as these will be in-store pre-orders that won't be using the website to place orders.

Tomita

If you manage to snag a 3 pack I'll take Duck Hunt, it's the only one I'd like. :p

Sorry to get your hopes up. I meant that I was contemplating it but then decided against it because I don't want to support Gamestop in this stupidity. :B If for some reason I do change my mind I would of course offer trades on here, but the chances of me changing my mind are slim, lol.

Anime

Neo Member
Nintendo of America have outdone themselves.If this is true you now have the ability to miss out on 3 characters at a time rather than 1!

This will easily take the crown for Worst store exclusive yet.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So interesting news...that flier is apparently fake. According to the GS I called, they won't be available for preorder, they will be actually SELLING THEM on Saturday.

I would believe this, just on the grounds that Gamestop is really, really stupid if they're going to try doing pre-orders in store again after what happened last time.

Baliis

Dr. Mario came in the mail today.

I don't even remember buying a Dr. Mario, what am I doing with my life >_>

part of me is really upset that these might be exclusive to the 3 pack and not sold separately on the plus side Duck Hunt, ROB, and Game & Watch are the only 3 i need in september as i already imported the rest so it will be nice to knock it out in 1 shot.

Maengun1

Oops sorry haven't been around today. To the 2 posters who asked which specific Best Buy I saw eight Dark Pits at yesterday, it was store number 2515 in Marquette, Michigan.

Chindogg

Oops sorry haven't been around today. To the 2 posters who asked which specific Best Buy I saw eight Dark Pits at yesterday, it was store number 2515 in Marquette, Michigan.

Well that explains it.

A nice city in the middle of a forest that lasts for a hundred miles in any direction.

Honestly i have found michigan to be one of the better states for amiibo hunting wave 4 was a joke to get over here i walked into meijer at midnight and walked out with everything that wasnt a store exclusive and had no competition lol.

I can almost deal with the stock issues, my problem is the lack of communication and transparency.

Every single company is vague and clueless as fuck, so when a little bit of info leaks everybody freaks right the funk out.

I'm going to GS saturday morning to put in my preorder, and if it turns out all 3 will be available individually from all retailers (except GS I assume), I'm cancelling my preorder.

KitSnicket

Neo Member
How was ness pré order? How soon do we need to be at gamestop? 1 hour will be enough?

Ness preorder was a fiasco, but mainly because they set it up so that every single gamestop location was trying to place orders on their website at the same time. In terms of when to show up, that depends a lot on your area, the number of gamestops there, and the number and dedication of collectors.

We were there for Ness an hour ahead of time and were first in line. The difference here is that it is a Saturday in the summer, so people may have more freedom to camp. But there is supposedly about 30 for each gamestop, so 29 people can beat you and you will still be fine.

In the end, it comes down to your area, so if you haven't done this before it can be hard to predict. Some areas lines are 10 deep the night before, other areas people show up two hours ahead of time and nobody is there. I'd say get there as early as you are ok with and it will still be fun for you. If camping out overnight is fun, go for it! If you don't want to get up too early, go at 7 and try your luck. Worst case you can import them or pay $5 or $10 more and get one secondhand at launch. No matter what, Good Luck!

Ness preorder was a fiasco, but mainly because they set it up so that every single gamestop location was trying to place orders on their website at the same time. In terms of when to show up, that depends a lot on your area, the number of gamestops there, and the number and dedication of collectors.

We were there for Ness an hour ahead of time and were first in line. The difference here is that it is a Saturday in the summer, so people may have more freedom to camp. But there is supposedly about 30 for each gamestop, so 29 people can beat you and you will still be fine.

In the end, it comes down to your area, so if you haven't done this before it can be hard to predict. Some areas lines are 10 deep the night before, other areas people show up two hours ahead of time and nobody is there. I'd say get there as early as you are ok with and it will still be fun for you. If camping out overnight is fun, go for it! If you don't want to get up too early, go at 7 and try your luck. Worst case you can import them or pay $5 or $10 more and get one secondhand at launch. No matter what, Good Luck!

Thanks.

I live in a smaller city in Michigan. My first camping was to buy Dark Pit at the only bestbuy in the area. I got there 1 hour before, and was 15 in line. Assuming we have 2 gamestops in our city, I guess 1 hour will be fine.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
My Amiibo pre-orders are already scattered even MORESO than Wave 4...

Wave 4
TRU: Greninja, Charizard
GS: Ness, Lucina, Robin, Wario, Splatoon 3-pack, PacMan
Target: Jigglypuff, SIlver Mario
Walmart: Gold Mario

Wave 5 (and a bit beyond):
Amazon: Palutena
Best Buy: Dark Pit, Animal Crossing WiiU bundle
TRU: Yarn Yoshi bundle
Costco: Animal Crossing 3DS bundle
GS: Retro 3-pack
?? - Chibi Robo bundle (since he still not up yet!)

bumpkin

I'd have no problem with the 3-pack being a GS exclusive preorder on Saturday except that I won't be home Saturday; I won't even be in the state. So forget not having a way to get the preorder. I won't even have the opportunity. :(

I'd have no problem with the 3-pack being a GS exclusive preorder on Saturday except that I won't be home Saturday; I won't even be in the state. So forget not having a way to get the preorder. I won't even have the opportunity. :(
Can't you preorder in another state and have it shipped to your house?

Or if you're visiting someone, pay them to pre-order then send it to you when it arrives.

Crom

Same here. I was hoping it was web in store. Looks like I will miss out too.

Da Fish

Neo Member
Alright so I got the hard evidence I needed from work and can say it is confirmed that gamestop will be doing preorders for the retro pack this Saturday like everyone was saying. Also the store will be open an hour early ( 9:00 AM ) and you don't need to be a power up rewards member to preorder.

Alright so I got the hard evidence I needed from work and can say it is confirmed that gamestop will be doing preorders for the retro pack this Saturday like everyone was saying. Also the store will be open an hour early ( 9:00 AM ) and you don't need to be a power up rewards member to preorder.
That's what the manager at the Sacramento GameStop just told me too. I hope people didn't buy the memberships already. I'm going to be there at 4am to make sure I get this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom