• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Welp. The Target app Silver Mario cancellations are going around and I just got mine. Couple that with missing UK Dr./Jr./Olimar and today's forecast is salty with a chance of salt.

QlTGnq4.png
QlTGnq4.png
QlTGnq4.png

AdanVC

I decided to make a new gif to dedicate the bloodbath that are going to happens tomorrow! I hope that you would enjoy it! :D

dnBMNfR.gif

It fits perfectly the situation. Bill Trinen all happy ready to ask for they new amiibo and the employee Reggie telling him the hard truth.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
They won't even let us get second place!

NINTENDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Since most Targets are only getting 4 of Robin and Lucina is it even worth it to show up as #5?

*assuming they do limit it to 1 per character per person.

Shauni

Yep, my Silver Mario from Target got canceled, too. I figured that one was pretty shaky. Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky tomorrow at my GS.

Drago

Since most Targets are only getting 4 of Robin and Lucina is it even worth it to show up as #5?

*assuming they do limit it to 1 per character per person.
Ask the 4 people in front of you if they're getting them or not. If they all are, then yeah it's hopeless. :p

Boom Silver Marios cancelled.

I aso remembered my CC was updated with expiration numbers and back code. Not sure where I used it an for which ones. I feel it is going to be a bad Amiibo week.

You think Target would give the ol here is 5 buck gift card, sorry bout dat

Edit: Best Buy just shipped Splatoon 3 pack

Others at the preparing order stage. at least payment was validated still

D-Stubbs

Just Pacman for me. I don't like that they sent it earlier than the rest, probably means the others are going to be a bit longer.
So far the ones Best Buy shipped out for me are Robin, Lucina, and the Splatoon three pack. Yeah I was kinda surprised those three were the first to be processed.

Bass260

Just had an amiibo dream - this is how you know the wave 4 armageddon is upon us. I've only missed Jigglypuff and (in the dream) a neighbour was a scalper and tried to sell me Puff for $150.

RootCause

Just had an amiibo dream - this is how you know the wave 4 armageddon is upon us. I've only missed Jigglypuff and (in the dream) a neighbour was a scalper and tried to sell me Puff for $150.
I dreamnt I was first in line last night, shame... But we don't get to choose our dreams. :3

ChaosXVI

Well, I called Gamestop about my incorrect state, and they said if I had noticed the mistake sooner, if could have easily been resolved, but the dude basically created a new order in my name with the correct address, and said it would either be delivered with this same batch, or would be with the next re-stock of Ness, which he said he is almost 100% certain will happen...

...so....yay? Do I win? Also, to the Gamestop employee who rang me up, how do you get your own fucking state wrong!?!?!

nubcake

Neo Member
Ness and Jiggles are officially shipping. I ordered Greninja from Japan, not expecting TRU to actually have decent stock, and I have the commons on order from BBY and just awaiting their confirmation.

So now all I need is Robin and Lucina...I'm going to try TRU and hope that I get there early enough, but unfortunately I really have no idea how early that should be. I also hope they're smart enough to give tickets and/or limiting people so one scalper can't show up at 10pm tonight and just buy all their stock.

MADGAME

Seems a bit scummy to complain about a glitch.

Completely depends on your luck. Others are getting a "sorry the item is out of stock" response.

I'll pass, maybe Target will send out a discount code or something like TRU did last wave.

Yeah I wouldn't feel right about that, I had a feeling going into it these would be cancelled. Silver Mario should be one of the easier ones to get tomorrow anyway.

Just reporting, not advocating :)

bigkrev

Well, I called Gamestop about my incorrect state, and they said if I had noticed the mistake sooner, if could have easily been resolved, but the dude basically created a new order in my name with the correct address, and said it would either be delivered with this same batch, or would be with the next re-stock of Ness, which he said he is almost 100% certain will happen...

...so....yay? Do I win? Also, to the Gamestop employee who rang me up, how do you get your own fucking state wrong!?!?!

Do you live near a college, or within a reasonable commute to another state? There are probably tons of people who don't live in the state they are shopping in.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

You may get 2 then.
I've had the wrong State before and it still got delivered on time. The Zip code is what really matters.

kierwynn

Best Buy has shipped only our Pacman lol We have All of Wave 4 but the exclusives preordered there. Wonder why they only shipped Pacman...
If Best Buy eats Robin, then sorry Ari :((

ChaosXVI

Do you live near a college, or within a reasonable commute to another state? There are probably tons of people who don't live in the state they are shopping in.

I ordered it in Bloomington IL, which is the same town and state that I live in, and where the employee lives and works as well. He put Bloomington ID as the address. A slip-up I'm sure, as he was probably feeling a bit pressured by the whole Ness-Gamestop-Network-Meltdown thing that happened...but come on man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom