• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoodlebap

Neo Member
So this is a dumb question. But I called my local GameStop to see if they knew how many splatoon 3 pack amiibos they would have on hand for tomorrow. They said no idea yet, I asked will you have some extras to sell besides preorders and he wasn't sure. Did I miss something? Or did GameStop not have in store pre orders for the splatoon 3 pack?

I have the 3 pack from them, they definitely took the in store preorders.

MADGAME

For what it's worth, only my Pac/Zard thing shipped from BB so far, the rest have not. Seems to be going out in chunks of some kind.

Hopefully this time tomorrow we've all got out shipment notifications for the ones we actually care about.

Yeah kind of weird, they will eat shipping costs for doing it that way. My main concern is receiving them undamaged. I have not previously ordered Amiibo from Best Buy but have seen multiple posts of boxes crammed and smashed into shipping boxes.

rjinaz

Latest NWS estimate: 250-300 people in line. And you just know some are holding spots for others when they get off work. Still 9 hours until midnight.

Latest NWS estimate: 250-300 people in line. And you just know some are holding spots for others when they get off work.

They shouldn't have announced the time for cut offs now that I think about it, so many people will come at 6 pm if their friends are in line

Prepare for mad max amiibo road

Toki767

Called Target, and they said they have about 8 of each and they're on a first come- first serve basis. Guess I'm getting up at 7 am tomorrow!

First come, first serve basis. With a 2 per character limit. If you aren't one of the first 4 in line, you're basically screwed.

bumpkin

7 AM? Gonna be 50th in line then! O_O
I dunno, I was third or fourth in line when I went to my local Target on Rosie day an hour before open. It didn't matter when the doors opened though, because people had zero respect for the line order once they got in. People power-walked (one guy ran) to electronics cutting everyone else. Pretty bullshit.

Toki767

I dunno, I was third or fourth in line when I went to my local Target on Rosie day an hour before open. It didn't matter when the doors opened though, because people had zero respect for the line order once they got in. People power-walked (one guy ran) to electronics cutting everyone else. Pretty bullshit.

Rosalina was simpler times back then. The lines for Meta Knight and Lucario are probably better indications.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

They didn't even have half of Wave 3 that day. This is pretty much all of Wave 4 AND the madness has set in.

Q8zNe93.gif

A few nights ago there was a B1G1 50% off Skylanders Trap Team figures. However, if you added two to your cart, you got 50% off any game. Skylanders were 50% off each as well.

Any game. Preorders and all.

Here's my haul:
Skylanders: $5.40 each (shipped)
Hyrule Warriors: $28.08 (picked up in store)
NES Remix: $14.58 (picked up in store)
Splatoon: $32.40 (ready for pickup tomorrow)
Rodea (Wii U): $32.40
Xenoblade X: $32.40
Yoshi's Wooly World: $32.40
Fire Emblem If: $21.60

Some people got $20 Bloodborne and a lot of PS4 game preorders for super cheap as well. For those prices, I don't mind the BB pending charges.
I am sad.

Gameboy415

Most of my orders are in good shape thus far:

Best Buy:
Charizard (x2) - SHIPPED
Lucina - SHIPPED
Pac-Man (x2) - SHIPPED
Robin - SHIPPED
Wario - SHIPPED
Inkling Boy - SHIPPED
Inkling 3-Pack - SHIPPED

Gamestop:
Ness - SHIPPED

Target:
Jigglypuff (x2) - SHIPPED

Toys R Us:
Greninja (x2)

Wal-Mart:
Inkling Girl

I've got another Ness (to open) on back-order from Amazon UK so now I just need to find a pair of Silver Marios (since Target cancelled all of our orders, blah) and another Lucina, Robin, Wario, & Splatoon 3-Pack to open.
If I can't find extras at MSRP I'll look for imports or loose figures on eBay later on.

I got my Jiggly, Ness and Pacman emails. I am a bit concerned about Pacman from best buy and not the Lucina and Robin I ordered with it...Hopefully they have enough stock to fill orders.

First come, first serve basis. With a 2 per character limit. If you aren't one of the first 4 in line, you're basically screwed.

I don't really live in an area where amiibo hunting seems to be a big deal. I mean, when I bought my Pikachu, the cashier said amiibo aren't really that popular there. That it's mostly dads/moms buying Marios for their kids and stuff.

Cappa

Banned
I don't really live in an area where amiibo hunting seems to be a big deal. I mean, when I bought my Pikachu, the cashier said amiibo aren't really that popular there. That it's mostly dads/moms buying Marios for their kids and stuff.

but I think the point everyone is trying to make that back then, no one cared about amiibos.

Now between the scalpers, mom/dads, and losers.. I mean "fans" like me and us in this thread! It's become the norm to walk into a store and not being able to find a single amiibo or have to sit in a ridiculous long line.

Silver Mario is waiting for me when I get home!!!

Wooooooo!

Jigglypuff yesterday from an oblivious Wal-Mart (Canada) and Silver Mario (Amazon Canada) today!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edit: Human pls, I am still at work and need to get my car before I do anything when I am off

rjinaz

All of these people posting their amiibos being shipped and I'm waiting for tomorrow. Happy for you all though.

Even worst is the people posting about how they are getting their amiibo early. You get used to it though after following these threads for so long. It's going to be so much worse for wave 5 and yarn yoshis, we're talking months earlier than NA. It's why I imported in part.

but I think the point everyone is trying to make that back then, no one cared about amiibos.

Now between the scalpers, mom/dads, and losers.. I mean "fans" like me and us in this thread! It's become the norm to walk into a store and not being able to find a single amiibo or have to sit in a ridiculous long line.

Just let me believe!

Even worst is the people posting about how they are getting their amiibo early. You get used to it though after following these threads for so long. It's going to be so much worse for wave 5 and yarn yoshis, we're talking months earlier than NA. It's why I imported in part.
Oh I know. I've been here since late in thread one. I've had terrible luck ordering online when it comes to amiibos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom