• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Ness from Gamestop and my Splatoon 3-pack from Best Buy shipped, hooray. Waiting on my other 2 BB orders, though.

Target I'm going to has 40 Jigglypuffs, 28 Silver Marios. Hope 6:30 is early enough.

Looks like my local Meijer is going to have Lucina and Robin...but since they are a 24 hour store I don't know when would be a good time to get there. Anyone else hoping to score at Meijer?

Is there anyway online to check inventory, or did you just call and ask? I don't even think mine sells them at all :/

ZeroCDR

So I'm considering dropping by a local 24/hr Walmart tonight to try and get a Charizard, he seems really understocked, not Robin/Lucina levels, but close enough. Any tips for midnight Walmart?

How is everyone getting a Ness? Did you order during the initial system crash or was it available another time?

It was only ever available during the GameStop WIS nightmare.

ChaosXVI

Is there anyway online to check inventory, or did you just call and ask? I don't even think mine sells them at all :/

The other day I was there for groceries, and I walked over to electronics just for shits and saw they had empty hooks in the amiibo section, one hook for each Wave 4 amiibo including Lucina and Robin. I SO wish I had known during Wave 3, due to Ike having 2 empty hooks by the time I knew about it.

I should mention that each hook (or whatever you call them) were labeled.

D-Man

Finally got the shipping confirmation email from GameStop regarding my Ness and Pac-Man amiibo! Today is a good day.

Animekatt

Woot just got the confirmation of Ness being shipped. Here's where everything stands:

GameStop
Ness (shipped)
Charizard
Pac-man
Splatoon 3 pack

Walmart
Lucina (shipped)
Robin (shipped)
Wario

ToysRus
Greninja (will pick up tomorrow)

Best Buy
Robin
Lucina (preparing for shipping)
Pac-man (preparing for shipping)

Target
Jiggly puff (shipped)
Silver Mario (back ordered)

I don't get off of work until 7am tomorrow, so I plan to head over to Target to see if they will have enough silver Marios. If not I'll make my way over to TRU.

My Ness has shipped, still nothing for my Splatoon 3-pack though.

Will try to hit up Wal-Mart tonight, Target in the morning and everywhere else after since I have preorders to pick up.

My local Target is strictly enforcing the 2 total per person rule. Sucks ass.

So does the Amazon UK international shipping ban apply to past orders? They never did ship my Robin and Lucina, the order still says that they'll try to ship it...

ChaosXVI

My Ness still hasn't shipped...But I was like 2nd in line at my store, my order went through right around the time Lucina and Robin sold out, Ness was still good for hours after that...

...Beginning to sweat.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe I'll see about Pac-Man as well, considering I've got $5 for Meijer & then I can get $5 for GameStop. Plus my friends are paying me to get them Robin & Jigglypuff.

....or considering how many contests there've been, maybe I'll wait & see if any are being given away. Just hope I can work up the funds for the next wave.

Drago

So does the Amazon UK international shipping ban apply to past orders? They never did ship my Robin and Lucina, the order still says that they'll try to ship it...
Doubt it. Those orders are already in place and were even recently made to be 1 per amiibo, no matter how many you originally ordered. They could have just outright cancelled all intl orders of they wanted to. 5B and on will likely be UK only though.

kirby_fox

Banned
Looks like my local Meijer is going to have Lucina and Robin...but since they are a 24 hour store I don't know when would be a good time to get there. Anyone else hoping to score at Meijer?

Meijer trucks hit in the morning, however for electronics they don't know what's coming in or what is in boxes until they open them. They can stock in the morning if they have someone or in the afternoon evening if not. If you have an awesome person who will open up all the boxes, you're good.

Wave 3 I was at a Meijer after getting Rosie and found toon link and sheik on the shelf at 9 am. So it's really a guess depending on your Meijer.

Doubt it. Those orders are already in place and were even recently made to be 1 per amiibo, no matter how many you originally ordered. They could have just outright cancelled all intl orders of they wanted to. 5B and on will likely be UK only though.

Thanks, didn't know about the 1-per limit. Good thing I placed separate orders.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Meijer trucks hit in the morning, however for electronics they don't know what's coming in or what is in boxes until they open them. They can stock in the morning if they have someone or in the afternoon evening if not. If you have an awesome person who will open up all the boxes, you're good.

Wave 3 I was at a Meijer after getting Rosie and found toon link and sheik on the shelf at 9 am. So it's really a guess depending on your Meijer.
Also would help to ask. I remember it was around 2 p.m. when I went to ask about Wave 3 & it turned out they didn't even open the box yet, so I got them right then. Not sure if it'll happen again, but if they already got them, go ahead & ask on Friday since the boxes were most likely labeled to not be put on store shelves until then.

Mine got them yesterday & said they'd be available Friday, so I'm sure when I go in around 7 a.m., they should have some.

some meijers in michigan already got them and plan to release them at midnight :)

ChaosXVI

I snagged a Dr. Mario! The other 2 went out of stock before I could finish ordering, but at least I was able to get one!

kierwynn

If I can just get a Dark Pit, I'll have all of the smash wave announced so far once again. That one has evaded me too many times!

RedBoot

These ones from Amazon UK, the total comes out to like $25 US right? That seems a bit steep of a price just to secure a pre-order.

It is, and I'm not entirely sure that Dr. Mario or Bowser Jr will be that rare in the US.

Still grabbed a Dr. Mario just in case, Amazon doesn't charge til shipping so I can cancel it later if needed.

Drago

These ones from Amazon UK, the total comes out to like $25 US right? That seems a bit steep of a price just to secure a pre-order.
You're also getting the amiibo 2 months early compared to the US, since they all got delayed here. That's why I really wanted to import for wave 5.

I'm not getting a Ness am I?

My jigglypuff shipped! I'm still going to go by my target tomorrow morning looking for amiibos. Not expecting much.

How many amiibo hunters are in Memphis? The reddit seems really light on people from here. Maybe I'll get lucky (I'm probably not going to get lucky). I'm traveling when game stops open tomorrow, so no chances for a drop in ness.

RootCause

Seriously, 3 of the largest amiibo retailers didn't even take online preorders. It's bad.
Not sure if they just haven't receidv their allocation , or if they just don't want to deal with the backlash.
Sad I missed out on ZSS, and Palu. I fear those two are going to be Robin/Lucina all over again.

kierwynn

Oh Ness and the 3 pack shipped- Jigglypuff shipped yesterday, too. Just need Greninja and my Best buy order to ship. idk why there is such a huge gap between NA amiibos and all others. I'm just ready to be done with the smash line so I can be free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom