• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

If you are a retailer, what is even the point of putting Amiibo up for pre-order? You are going to sell out instantly once you put them online anyway

poy1990

Neo Member
I was able to preorder Olimar, Dr. Mario, and Bowser Jr. all backups if Zavvi does not come through all to the USA :p. At first I was only set on US Amiibo but after receiving the UK and Japan Amiibo I couldn't care less what region they come from. Better to have something than stressing about not having any at all.

AdanVC

I wonder if there's some collectors that have the three different versions of each amiibo released so far. Meaning, a Pikachu with the US, EU and JP package. That would certainly be a little too excessive...

Thank you so much! I got this late and only got Dr Mario but still, that's one more down! (I hope)

Got Dr. Mario..used the promotional credit that I received for not getting Ness when I ordered it will see what happens
K once I realized this amiibo would be costing me 22 dollars US I canceled the order, just wasnt worth it

Target shipping out my Jigglypuff yesterday. Still hasn't updated the information, but that's ok...it definitely shipped out. (ordered 5/8)

Walmart shipped out my Wario earlier this morning. I ordered that on April 17th.

Ness, Lucina, Robin and the Splatoon 3 Pack have not yet been updated from Gamestop, but hopefully today they'll ship out.

//ARCANUM

What if Amazon US preorders already happened but we all missed it.....

conspiracy-keanu.jpg

Shauni

Just got my shipping e-mail from GS for Ness, Pac Man and Splatoon 3-Pack. Not got a date estimation yet, but it's coming.

rjinaz

Since Silver Mario is not a retailer exclusive in the US, I'm guessing he won't be as rare as Gold Mario right?

Right. It will still disappear from the shelves and be considered rare though. It's really inevitable as it's highly unlikely to be restocked.

Shauni

Anything happen with that Silver Mario order from Target's app yesterday? Just wondering, that's the last hold out on my orders.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Lucina and Robin shipped from GS! The other order should probably get shipped later today :)

IT'S HAPPENINGGGGGGGG!!!

rjinaz

People are now saying there is little point of lining up at NWS the line is that long. Wow that's amiibo thirst if I ever saw it.

bigkrev

Guys, a Walmart in North Florida already has 6 people in line.

Hug me, I'm scared.

Jesus Christ, how little do some people value their time?!? I can understand a few hours, or if the item was actually expensive, but you can get even the rarest ones in this set for under 40 dollars on Ebay right now. My time is way more valuable than that to wait overnight for something that price.

rjinaz

All my Best Buy orders are starting to ship out!

Just Pacman for me. I don't like that they sent it earlier than the rest, probably means the others are going to be a bit longer.

Jesus Christ, how little do some people value their time?!? I can understand a few hours, or if the item was actually expensive, but you can get even the rarest ones in this set for under 40 dollars on Ebay right now. My time is way more valuable than that to wait overnight for something that price.

I'll honestly never understand it either. No way in hell would I sit in a line all day long, 12 hours or more for some of these people, just to save $10-$15 on an amiibo compared to reseller prices. It's just not worth it to me.

Some people enjoy the experience of waiting with other like-minded people though. so I'm told.

ChaosXVI

Fuck, fuck FUCK!

So I was just taking a look at my ship-to-store order for Ness...and they have everything correct, except the FUCKING STATE! I ordered it from the Gamestop in Bloomington Illinois, which is where my address is...and the dude somehow put it as Bloomington Idaho!

Currently on hold with customer service...what do you think my chances are?

i camped at best buy back when the wii launched for 22hrs and i wasnt even first in line when an item is hot people make time ima be at target for atleast 8hrs before they open and im praying im the first one there.

Tomorrow morning. I'm so busy tomorrow it'll suck. With a work meeting along with my ISP coming over to fix my Internet, and an arborist coming over to get an estimate for some stuff, not to mention work in general. Why amiibo why

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Fuck, fuck FUCK!

So I was just taking a look at my ship-to-store order for Ness...and they have everything correct, except the FUCKING STATE! I ordered it from the Gamestop in Bloomington Illinois, which is where my address is...and the dude somehow put it as Bloomington Idaho!

Currently on hold with customer service...what do you think my chances are?

If the Zip Code is correct you should be ok.

rjinaz

i camped at best buy back when the wii launched for 22hrs and i wasnt even first in line when an item is hot people make time ima be at target for atleast 8hrs before they open and im praying im the first one there.

Yeah but I can almost understand a console launch. Not sure about 22 hours but I say do what makes you happy and that goes for everybody.

Scoodlebap

Neo Member

Eh, if you grab a friend and the two of you hang out its kind of fun. I plan to go to tru at 5ish tomorrow to finish up fe: awakening while I wait.
Then again the longest I've waited in line was for 5 hours and NOT 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom