• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ, how little do some people value their time?!? I can understand a few hours, or if the item was actually expensive, but you can get even the rarest ones in this set for under 40 dollars on Ebay right now. My time is way more valuable than that to wait overnight for something that price.

I don't have to work until 9:45 and thanks to college I've learned to run on very little sleep (I seriously only need like 4 hours a night) so this is fun for me. Plus, chatting with other amiibros is tons of fun, they're always psychotic Nintendo fans like me. Unless they're scalpers. Douches.

Anyway, I just found out my Target is doing a limit of two on ALL amiibos, including the 4-per-store Lucina and Robin. FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU...

So, just so I know I am not alone; no one else's TRU orders have shipped yet, correct? I remember my Lucario didn't ship until release day last time, so I'm assuming it'll be the same this time.

scoot3r

My splatoon 3 pack pre order from Walmart still says processing with an ETA of 6/5 for del. should I be concerned? I see other peoples shipping already in here...

//ARCANUM

Best Buy has shipped only our Pacman lol We have All of Wave 4 but the exclusives preordered there. Wonder why they only shipped Pacman...
If Best Buy eats Robin, then sorry Ari :((

yeah, only my pac-man shipped from best buy as well (i have all 5 pre-ordered there)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Not even silver SMH, i cant wait for the gold diggeh amiibo!

Speaking of how do we get this version?

oeQ136R.gif

Animekatt

Just came from my TRU and was told they will have a lot of Greninja and Silver Marios for sale. I will just forego Target and head to TRU after work.

//ARCANUM

Just came from my TRU and was told they will have a lot of Greninja and Silver Marios for sale. I will just forego Target and head to TRU after work.

warning: "a lot" is subjective. how well do you trust the TRU employee's subjectivity?

edit - because in that employee's head they could be thinking "we've got like 10 of those, we've got a lot!"

Sushigod7

Its crazy with the amount of time Nintendo has had since the announcement of this wave till now and that they are still in huge shortage. Stores are getting 3-4 of the FE characters etc. I'm sure they will support the wave with a few releases but its just mind boggling. I know I know NOA.

TheGrue

Jigglypuff from Target, Ness from Gamestop, Amiibo 3-Pack and Pac-Man from Best Buy have all shipped. Waiting on Greninja from TRU and the rest of Wave 4 from Best Buy to ship. Weird that only Pac-Man shipped given there are other parts to that order that say Preparing to Ship. Probably will all come in the same box and they're just working on the rest.

Gameboy415

A little OT, but the deadline for club nintendo is soon, and I can't decide which game to get?
Paper Mario Sticker or StarFox 3d?

Definitely choose Star Fox!!
Paper Mario: Sticker Star was incredibly disappointing (the battles are literally pointless!) and it's cheap & easy to find if/when you do want to check it out.

bumpkin

Got a shipping notification for my Ness amiibo from GS and my Pac-man from BBY!

I also got shipping notifications from Amazon Japan for a Jiggly and Greninja, but I'm a little worried that the tracking says they were delivered successfully but nothing is showing up on my Tenso account yet. :(

To anyone who's used Tenso, what's been your experience with how long from when they receive something until it shows up in the pending queue for shipping?

Has anyone tried calling Target to get them to hold some amiibos for the launch tomorrow? I checked the site and it said in store pickup was not available, but I didn't know if I should give it a try regardless.

Boogiepop

We have much of an idea on Ness stock for Gamestops? My plan is to go an hour early for Target, then head to Gamestop to wait in line, and once done there, head to Toys R Us. Got a decent idea of stock on everything but the Ness, and the guy at Gamestop wouldn't tell me if they would have any for sale, much less how many.

Just worried about waiting in line for GS and then getting nothing...

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Best Buy Splatoon 3-pack shipped! $30 Splatoon from the glitch is ready for pickup tomorrow! Come on, BB, ship Wario/Pac-Man/Charizard too!

Got ness shipping :D

At least they are capping the line, I've been in lines for sneakers where they don't say shit and you have wait til the last pair is sold before they declare its all gone

People waited long at Nintendo world store for Mario kart, hyrule warriors, other waves , it should be known by now you gotta wait 6+ hours there

Smh Nintendo

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Its Glorious! is Gold a neogaf exclusive?i want that one!

tumblr_mxk9tsxkDv1rjf4f5o1_500.gif

Q8zNe93.gif

What glitch?

A few nights ago there was a B1G1 50% off Skylanders Trap Team figures. However, if you added two to your cart, you got 50% off any game. Skylanders were 50% off each as well.

Any game. Preorders and all.

Here's my haul:
Skylanders: $5.40 each (shipped)
Hyrule Warriors: $28.08 (picked up in store)
NES Remix: $14.58 (picked up in store)
Splatoon: $32.40 (ready for pickup tomorrow)
Rodea (Wii U): $32.40
Xenoblade X: $32.40
Yoshi's Wooly World: $32.40
Fire Emblem If: $21.60

Some people got $20 Bloodborne and a lot of PS4 game preorders for super cheap as well. For those prices, I don't mind the BB pending charges.

AdanVC

Gamestop got more Ness preorders or those Ness shipping are the ones that went up the day after the Nintendo Direct that crashed GS website? That day was insane omg.

So this is a dumb question. But I called my local GameStop to see if they knew how many splatoon 3 pack amiibos they would have on hand for tomorrow. They said no idea yet, I asked will you have some extras to sell besides preorders and he wasn't sure. Did I miss something? Or did GameStop not have in store pre orders for the splatoon 3 pack?

Animekatt

warning: "a lot" is subjective. how well do you trust the TRU employee's subjectivity?

edit - because in that employee's head they could be thinking "we've got like 10 of those, we've got a lot!"

Oh yeah I'm keeping my expectations to a minimum on the amount they have. She gave me a knowing look when I repeated back the "a lot".

MADGAME

I ordered the 5 non-exclusives from Best Buy, just received notice that Wario shipped. The rest still say processing. Huh.

I ordered the 5 non-exclusives from Best Buy, just received notice that Wario shipped. The rest still say processing. Huh.

For what it's worth, only my Pac/Zard thing shipped from BB so far, the rest have not. Seems to be going out in chunks of some kind.

Hopefully this time tomorrow we've all got out shipment notifications for the ones we actually care about.

Toki767

So this is a dumb question. But I called my local GameStop to see if they knew how many splatoon 3 pack amiibos they would have on hand for tomorrow. They said no idea yet, I asked will you have some extras to sell besides preorders and he wasn't sure. Did I miss something? Or did GameStop not have in store pre orders for the splatoon 3 pack?

Gamestop should not have taken any in store preorders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom