• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Diggeh pls

I'm not getting it just for Duck Hunt and cutting off the other two to sell/trade. Imagine how that would look.

That's why you keep them all. Duh!

567G0gX.png

I did not wake up this morning for them. I totally forgot! I went into the store at 1:30, and asked if they had anymore (Which I expected to be a no). Surprisingly, they only had preorders for 10 of the 48 they had available.

My luck has paid off compared to trying to get Dark Pit and Palutena!

It's great to see all of us fine people did well today. I got to my GS a little less than an hour early and was the seventh person in line. There was a family in front of me and I couldn't tell whether the kid or the mom wanted them more given how they acted and the dad looked so uninterested in the whole thing was was barely keeping an eye on their baby. Somehow they also managed to pre-order two packs but whatever, I got mine in just fine. They had 48 to do.

There were three guys at the front and two of them seemed to know each other while talking to whoever got there first. I don't really like to be that guy and talk about how other people talk about games but this guy... He really wanted his friend to justify playing Splatoon by how many people are playing it online compared to other games. He really went on and on with it,

Grand Rapids? I am in Kalamazoo
Kalamazoo? I'm in Lincoln Park.

Just got back a few minutes ago from the Beverly Blvd(And La Brea) in Los Angeles Gamestop had NO problem pre ordering and its almost 3PM here, they still have PLENTY available for pre order. The lady said they had about 10 people show up this morning and its been quiet ever since. When I was there there was only 1 guy in the store playing with the PS4

Maengun1

Well this one was easy peasy. Walked into GS 10 minutes after they opened, no one there. Guy told me 1 person was waiting at open, I was 2nd. Put down my $5 and left. Between this and Palutena, what's going on??? ;)

Oh, just to add to this... My GS *was* open an hour early at 9am, even though the guy on the phone had told me (and probably anyone else who called) that they were opening at 10 like usual. So that's probably why only me and 1 other guy knew to come early anyway lol

Nia

I happened to be near my Gamestop today, so I walked in and secured a preorder for the Retro pack. I only really wanted Duck Hunt, so ROB and Game & Watch will go to whoever asks first here when I get them, for the normal asking price.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So far, seems everyone here who wanted one was able to pre-order the Retro Pack just fine. Anyone here actually go into the store to be told that they ran out of pre-orders?

Vidiot

It feels so good to almost be finished with this madness. I've kept to my only smash amiibo promise. Though that 8 bit Mario looks cool and the new Zelda might have an amiibo line.

......help, my wallet is dying. :(

Just rolled up to my local GameStop at 7:30PM and they said they had quite a few left. They either got a shit ton or the craze is dead.

fernoca

I think the reason this Retro Pack preorders weren't crazy and things went smoothly were:
-It was advertised.
-It was a bundle (so everyone gets the 3 amiibo).
-Stores were given plenty (30, 50, 70...unlike previous ones were they got under 20).

Plus let's not forget the fact that this was just the first day and it seems most stores did 50% of the preorders in one day. Release is not until September 25.

If anything, should be a sign of how things need to be handled. The main reason NA seemed "crazy" was because of stores getting really low stock (some stores even getting just ONE amiibo). So, send 30...or 50 and things are not as crazy. :p

Josh5890

We can't make any judgements about if the demand is over until after the 3-pack is released. If these are readily available at >75% of Gamestops two weeks after release then maybe the craze is over.

I don't think there's really any sign the craze is over. It's just triple pack is being allocated in absolutely absurd quantities (like I said earlier, the numbers here are higher than the average life-to-date number for most characters) and retailers are getting really good about limiting to one per customer, so everyone who wants them was able to pre-order and the large majority of scalpers sat this one out (same thing happened wit Palutena). Plus, since it's a three-pack and many people only wanted one or two, you have even more people than usual importing, a process that has also gotten easier and more popular in general, so more NA units are being left unclaimed.

I'm still worried these pre-orders are going to end up being split across multiple shipments though... Those numbers are really crazy.

KingBroly

Banned
I got my Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario and Olimar amiibo in from Play Asia today. EXTREMELY well packaged. The box was clearly built for 4 amiibo, so it had some packing peanuts. I had to sign for it, though.

So I'm good to go for now except for Ganondorf, an extra Zero Suit Samus and the 8-bit Mario(s).

I have to imagine the amount of pre-orders available means that scalpers will be taken out of the equation soon. It also means that it's still popular because demand is being met...hopefully.

//ARCANUM

Lol so my fiancé and I just stopped by the GameStop I went to this morning and they STILL had preorders available (10:30pm CST). She went ahead and preordered one as I'm sure we'll need it for eventual trade bait.

Ibuki

Banned
NOA... please let me buy Animal Crossing amiibos and cards. Please make it easy like Palutena, Dark Pit and the Retro 3 Pack.

I'm tempted to buy a box of animal crossing card packs
How would I go about doing that?

I always wanted to buy a box of Pokemon base 1 packs sealed but was a broke kid , it'd be kinda cool to have a sealed box of animal crossing cards

For release date anyways, i still want a dark pit, im waiting for Nintendo World to its thing like always.

Which amiibos do you have for trade? I've got a dark pit that I wanna trade

I have a bowser jr otw from germany should be here this week also need to get a box for zelda and fox as those 2 got really damaged back before i decided to display them :(

RqmVAj3l.jpg

HnCKNEWl.jpg

Been a while since I last posted in amiibogaf, but I got a quick question.

My dad is currently in Hong Kong and he found some amiibo in a couple of the shops he went to. Both of the shops he went in had one of every kind. Before I tell him to pick some up, I wanted to know if there is any chance they could be counterfeit. In the first shop, there were in the traditional packaging, other one wasn't selling it on the floor. I was under the impression China couldn't sell video game stuff like that and lo and behold, they're are there and I saw consoles in the pics too.

I was under the impression China couldn't sell video game stuff like that and lo and behold, they're are there and I saw consoles in the pics too.

Fairly recently the ban was lifted on video game stuff, so I guess it's possible. I can't recall hearing about amiibos showing up in China besides those obvious fake ones. If they're in blisters and they look legit, I'd say it's probably likely they are.

Just in case no one saw, TRU is doing a buy 1 get 1 40% off on all amiibo single figures so its a great time to pad out your collection. I hope I'm not the only one who held off on the MP ones because they'd be common.

ChrisD

Had my birthday party yesterday, and my Uncle got me Dark Pit, pre-ordered the Retro Pack in full, and (unrelated), gave me one of my favorite 3-Wick candles for Autumn. He actually got me two Dark Pits so I can keep one and then trade one for Olimar in the case I can't get him, but I don't think trades ever work out heh.

I now have the full Uprising crew. Their box portraits run together so well. <3 ..Unlike the Retro Pack. Which I will enjoy a lot, but man the images are still so choppy. Should have taken a memo from Splatoon.

Well the amiibo gods are on my side after having to miss pre-orders for my brothers wedding i called around and the 3 gamestops near me still had pre-orders! Im so happy now :) easiest exclusive ever.

Got Doctor Mario from Japan yesterday.

I'm surprised at how high quality he is. For some reason I thought a random unpopular, unimportant clone wouldn't have the build quality and detailing he has.

I also wonder what the heck other uses this thing will have going forward, since it seems unlikely they'd add Amiibo support to a future Doctor Mario game.

kirby_fox

Banned
Got Doctor Mario from Japan yesterday.

I'm surprised at how high quality he is. For some reason I thought a random unpopular, unimportant clone wouldn't have the build quality and detailing he has.

I also wonder what the heck other uses this thing will have going forward, since it seems unlikely they'd add Amiibo support to a future Doctor Mario game.

Mario Maker. Play as 8 bit doc Mario.

...I'm gonna wind up with the game just for the 8 bit characters you can play as.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Okay, I actually wouldn't mind getting Dr. Mario if it meant I could shoot pills in Super Mario maker.

Rolled into my local Gamestop around 1 today and got a preorder for the retro bundle. Pretty easy, no stress involved. Sign said they were gonna have 59 to preorder, so either they finally solved the supply issues or Amiibos are finally over the scalper hump. Whichever reason I'm happy - especially if this makes it easier to get Bowser Jr., Mewtwo and Lucas. I think that's all the ones left that I want now. And Falco, I guess.

Ibuki

Banned
I would check your nearby GS if you are still trying to get the Retro 3 pack. I went in to pick up Splatoon today and they still had some left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom