• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisD

YOOOO
It may be seen as a spoiler, but that just makes me want Mario Maker. I haven't even been excited about it until that picture!

Too late for it now, with everything else that week. :(

Am_I_Evil

My main question with the costumes...why did they have to make them small? You get a mushroom for the costume, and when you get hit you turn into small mario...so why not make the costumes a bigger size (or at least some of them that would have benefited from it)?

Yes, right in the center of MI. I already asked another friend to help me out, but that'd still be great in case my friend is unable to get one &/or someone else here doesn't have a TRU close to them.
Anything to help fellow amiibros out.

And is it just me or does K.K. look pissed in that pic?

Ridley327

Why does Sonic look so much better than everyone else?

It looks like they just used his Genesis sprite instead of trying to convert it to something 8-bit. Granted, most of the 8-bit sprites are breaking all kinds of rules for the NES hardware, but Sonic is straight-up 16-bit.

It looks like they just used his Genesis sprite instead of trying to convert it to something 8-bit. Granted, most of the 8-bit sprites are breaking all kinds of rules for the NES hardware, but Sonic is straight-up 16-bit.

They rebuilt the sprite to fit in NES small mario's proportions but yeah he's the only 16 bit one.

prateeko

Yeah, it might be similar to the Mario Party bundle, but we don't know if Modern Color will stay Walmart exclusive (we know Canada will get it outside of the bundle) or just a timed exclusive similar to Mario Party 10.

Has the news/rumors indicated Modern Mario will be WalMart exclusive or WalMart's BUNDLE exclusive?

I would say that Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash amiibo bundle up on B&H, but it costs $130. I got mine in before they raised the price.

COWOPR1XAAAbTVd.png

I'm probably going to cancel it if I get an order in with Best Buy or Amazon because I feel like they'll cancel it on me anyway.

maxcriden

So is the Chibi Robo up anywhere officially, like did I already miss the preorder window? Or is it yet to be placed online? Not sure what the best bet is going to be for getting the bundle.

ETA: the link above has it @ $30 again. Not sure how reliable it is, though, especially for something like release day delivery--plus $4 and change shipping. Also, they say they will fill orders in the order they are received, so it sounds like they don't guarantee preorders necessarily.

TheGrue

I had one order with ZSS, Ganondorf, 30th Anniversary Mario, and Olimar from Target. All have shipped in that order except for Olimar. Hope that doesn't mean I'm not getting him.

The other order I had was Dr. Mario and that has not shipped yet (some how he wasn't in my first order even though I know I added him to the cart).

AdanVC

Guize, do you think the 8-bit Mario amiibo would be rare af? I'm worried because I don't have him preordered and I plan to go to get one on the wild this weekend.

Just got my Target confirmations. Dr. Mario has shipped and will be here Friday, 30th Anniversary Mario, ZSS, and Ganondorf have shipped but won't arrive until next week for some reason. Olimar is backordered but should be here by next week.

Ah well, I'm okay with waiting. I want to have all eight Smash amiibo anyway to level them all up together (Bowser Jr. ZSS, Ganondorf, Olimar, Dr. Mario, ROB, DH, and Gdub)

tmdorsey

Ok, so can somebody give me a rundown of what my options are as far as getting a Ganondorf amiibo on Friday? I went to Target.com and the option to preorder is disabled. Does this mean I have to try my luck going to the store in person in order to get one?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, so can somebody give me a rundown of what my options are as far as getting a Ganondorf amiibo on Friday? I went to Target.com and the option to preorder is disabled. Does this mean I have to try my luck going to the store in person in order to get one?

Walmart, Target, TRU, Best Buy, Gamestop - in store. Maybe we will hear from Amazon in the next day or two.

Guize, do you think the 8-bit Mario amiibo would be rare af? I'm worried because I don't have him preordered and I plan to go to get one on the wild this weekend.
Not sure. There's the possibility of it being uncommon or rare for a few weeks after release but I think overall, it'll be fairly common. I think we'll all have a god chance of getting the ones we want this weekend.

Oh cool. I thought the Ganondorf was Target exclusive. Thanks!
Only Dr. Mario is.

TheGrue

Oliver back ordered for me from Target. Dr. Mario shipped. Target had already shipped my ZSS, Ganondorf, and 30th. I guess when I head to TRU on Friday to get Bowser Jr. I can try to get one or get one on Amazon. Might look into importing for $20 something.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Glad to see lots of Friday hype. I'm gonna hit up Target early on to get Classic Mario and that dumb puzzle cube, then pick up my SMM copy at BB.

Dr. Mario is coming next week for me now, but it has shipped, so I'm guessing that means Friday?

Olimar is still backordered. Hopefully that means it hasn't reached the distro centers yet, because I'd really not like to be hit with a cancellation.

LiK

whether timed or not, making modern retro Mario a Walmart bundle exclusive is annoying. kinda glad I preordered the Japanese one. don't feel like waiting.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Target outright canceled our Dr. Mario and ZSS order yesterday, so I guess we'll be skipping Dr. Mario and trying our luck at Best Buy on Friday to get ZSS. Already gonna try to get Ganondorf and Olimar there.

Is anyone else still hoping in vain for best buy to start taking out pre-orders? I just don't want to have to go shopping for this stuff on friday. Damn you and your GCU discount, best buy...

d1rtn4p

Quick question. Wanted to buy the Wii U that comes with Mario Maker and the Mario 30th amiibo. Do we know yet if they are individually packaged? And is the Mario Maker the physical copy that comes with the art book?

JavyOO7

Quick question. Wanted to buy the Wii U that comes with Mario Maker and the Mario 30th amiibo. Do we know yet if they are individually packaged? And is the Mario Maker the physical copy that comes with the art book?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-...Console-Deluxe-Set-Walmart-Exclusive/46332782

Walmart says...

Super Mario Maker WiiU Console Deluxe Set Includes:
Black Wii U Console
Super Mario Maker Full Game Download
Super Mario Bros. 30th Anniversary Mario Modern Color amiibo figure
Super Mario Maker Idea Book
Wii U GamePad
Wii U AC Adapter
Wii U GamePad AC Adapter
High Speed HDMI Cable
Sensor Bar
Wii U GamePad Cradle