• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

InkoMint

Neo Member
Waited for 30 minutes outside TRU before opening; 30th or so in line for Bowser Jr. Had my son with me in a toy store, so it took about an hour of playing before I got to BB for Ganondorf and Olimar using GCU, I was surprised there was some left!

We ordered the two from Target as well, so when they come we've got spares if anyone wants to buy for msrp! Or they just go back to target! Let me know! :)

This morning I got ZSS, Ganondorf and Olimar from Best Buy, so that makes everyone I want from this wave. The BB only had 2 anniversary marios, and I felt really bad for the people who wanted him. They only had about 4 Ganondorfs too. Boatloads of Olimar and ZSS though.

Amazon crams and bends amiibo the wrong way into the correct sized box and Toys r Us uses a box large enough for a window unit A/C to ship a single Grenenja.

They're all dumb in their own ways.

Well that's true. But this is two times that Target have just cancelled my order without any notification or reason given. But I'll add in Gamestop who twice have actually partially crushed the amiibo packaging's plastic by overstuffing the shipment with "protective" bubble wrap.

Nighteater

Neo Member
Hearing about these cancellations makes me glad I picked up the rest from TRU and cancelled my orders from walmart. Sounds like they were gonna get cancelled either way.

Amiibro

I was lucky and got in on the Gamestop online bundle order. Looks like it pre-auth charged the card already. I'm safe right???? RIGHT?!?!?!

lol

Amiibro

Well that's true. But this is two times that Target have just cancelled my order without any notification or reason given. But I'll add in Gamestop who twice have actually partially crushed the amiibo packaging's plastic by overstuffing the shipment with "protective" bubble wrap.

I just got two Infinity toys for TRU shipped in a bubble envelope. Looked like a truck ran it over. When I said something they sent me another through the mail free, let me keep the old one. Guess what? Different envelope but still smashed. Terrible.

bluehat9

Went to Target and TRU just now (5pm edt) and they had tons of Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr. Target had nothing else, but TRU still had Olimar and Samus. Now just waiting for 30th Anniversary Mario on Amazon (the one I thought Nintendo would actually ship, :lol).

Just showed up at my TRU after a failure on my lunch break, and they had two Bowser Jrs sitting on the shelf so I was able to snag one. Thank God, he was the last one I really, really wanted.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh man, testing out the amiibo costumes in Super Mario Maker is great. Sonic's clear jingle is from Sonic 3, interestingly. I just wish I could easily select which costume I want (or is there a way?). Though damn, his death jingle goes waaaay too long (I think it's from Sonic 2 & 3).

It's fun to discover what pressing up does (i.e. Olimar will blow his whistle) & what the jingles are for dying & clearing the stage.

Edit: HAHAHA Little Mac's jump animation is him doing an uppercut. This has to be the coolest implimentation of amiibo yet next to Yoshi's Woolly World.

kunonabi

Picked up Zero Suit Samus and Ganondorf this morning along with Super Mario Maker. My friends also had no trouble finding their amiibos today so things are certainly looking better.

Pretty pleased with the two of them all things considered even if they aren't as impressive as the Luigi and Peach I picked up from the Super Mario line last week.

another amiibo release and another amiibo success just as easy as wave 4 was to get only had 1 other person as competition at meijer at midnight so we both got 1 of everything.

xwyVuPkl.jpg

I already ordered ZSS From amazon..and will be waiting to get Pikmin..I had already ordered them both from gamestop this morning(Just in case I couldnt get them from amazon) but Im checking out gamestop online now and I dont see an option to cancel the order, it just says "Open" I did the SAVER shipping so I was told originally it wouldnt ship for another week so how come I cant cancel it..and how do I cancel it if I want to

LegendX48

ended up cancelling my amazon ganon order cause I found him at Best Buy lol

retro mario's been the only hard one to find, him and bowser jr I spose (don't want him, though)

Josh5890

My girlfriend went to target and Toys R Us to pick all of them up for me. She is awesome!

With the retro 3 pack pre-ordered, I am just a Mii Fighter 3 pack and a Falco away from having all original characters.

And then I will open them!

Maengun1

Well, this day ended up more stressful than I anticipated after last night, but everything still worked out in the end. Nabbed Ganon/ZSS/Olimar off Amazon with no hassle, meanwhile my dear friends at Walmart have updated my Retro Mario order from "order placed" to "preparing for shipment" so at least one of them didn't get canceled.

I'm just about done with amiibo!! Just a few characters left :)

vgamer1

Is ganondorf going to be rare? I'm looking to pick up the last of the zelda amiibo, as well as the 30th anniversary one in an hour.

Prestige Capo

Neo Member
Got all the amiibo I wanted at Target except for Classic Mario. That was the only one difficult to find, but I eventually got him at a Gamestop (that was pretty far away, but still). Today was a success, now to play some Mario Maker :)

What on earth? I went out to target at 2:30 PM, and got Zero Suit, Dorf, Olimar, and Dr. Mario. Then went to Toys R us and got Bowser Jr. Pasadena and Glendale, respectively.

I'm pretty happy about this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom