• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Target about 15 minutes after it opened, and all they had were Dr Marios, which was fine by me since I ordered some of the others a while ago and last night on Walmart. As I pulled into the parking lot, there's was a guy, and I'm bad with ages but I thought initially he was around 20, carrying a bag and powerwalking across the lot to a Gamestop (which I don't think would have opened until a few hours later) with what I assume was his mom trailing behind and trying to catch up. The clerk as he rang me up said I missed the big show when they first opened. Apparently 20 or so people lined up, mostly male, and kind of made a mess as they picked through their stock. He said next time he's going to call in sick when they release these again. I think I've got a sympathetic ear because employees usually pour their hearts out to me on previous customers or their day's events.

Drove by a Toys R Us a minute or two before they opened, and there was a line of about 30 people (by my eye, 75% male, 25% female, all over the age of 25), so I decided to run a few errands and return half an hour later. They had a folding table set up in the video game section with two employees manning it and a bunch of signs, even at the checkouts, clearly saying 1 Amiibo type per customer. When I first got there, no other customers were buying any. They had 4 Ganondorfs, maybe 8 Zero Suit Samuses, and 2 Marios that they were not displayed. They probably had 50+ Bowser Jrs left. As I left, an older guy, probably 50s dressed kind of like a biker (he had fingerless leather gloves) QUICKLY snatched up all three types and then asked if they had Mario. He wasn't rude about it, but he seemed very urgent.

Thankfully, all went smoothly for the TRU, it seemed, and for myself. I'm glad I didn't have to wait in any line this time around because last time for Ness at Gamestop was annoying as several people in line were dressed up in costumes for some reason and smelled.

As another random observation of mine, as this goes on, the people in lines and buying seem to be getting older, as I didn't see any kids in the early morning.

Went smooth today for the most part. I walked into Best Buy at about 2:30 ET and got ZSS, Ganondorf and Olimar and they had about 4 of each. Then I went to TRU and they had about 100 Bowser Jrs haha

No sign of Classic Mario anywhere. I also went to Gamestop and Target but no dice. He seems like the rare (intentional low supply) one for this wave. GameStop and TRU employees told me they got about 8 each and were sold out within 30 minutes after opening. I have Dr. Mario coming in the mail in a couple of days.

Thoraxes

Welcome to the flood :D

I originally thought that us getting the waves later was just some BS, but after these last two waves, i'm a believer in the fact that they're actually just stocking up production for us instead.

Went smooth today for the most part. I walked into Best Buy at about 2:30 ET and got ZSS, Ganondorf and Olimar and they had about 4 of each. Then I went to TRU and they had about 100 Bowser Jrs haha

No sign of Classic Mario anywhere. I also went to Gamestop and Target but no dice. He seems like the rare (intentional low supply) one for this wave. GameStop and TRU employees told me they got about 8 each and were sold out within 30 minutes after opening. I have Dr. Mario coming in the mail in a couple of days.
Out of the 5 stores I hit up this morning, he really does seem like the lowest in supply. Most (90%) Targets around me only got about 3 in. The Super Target I went to had 12. The Toys R Us had about 6 (but over 100 Bowser Jr.), and both my local Best Buy stores were picked clean, minus a few ZSS and Olimar.

Boogiepop

So yeah, I've been just going with whatever shelf space was available for my big old collection (everything but Gold Mario, since I decided I don't feel a strong need for color variants). But I'm starting to think I might need something dedicated. So, suggestions? Not sure what I can fit where, but definitely don't want anything free-standing.

3DS and Wii U are both shown on the back of the packaging on Olimar and JR. But Ganondorf and ZSS just show Wii U. Inconsistent but nothing major; just something I noticed.

shaowebb

Yay! My wife got the anniversary mario amiibo and Ganondorf for me today :)

Now I have the two things I wanted most for Mario Maker.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'm trying to cancel a gamestop Olimar order after snagging it from Amazon with free shipping and 2 day delivery. But there is a 30-minute wait time... I hate being forced to deal with this company.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So HOW many versions of Mario are out there now?

- SSB Mario
- SSB Dr. Mario (that technically counts, right?)
- SMB Mario
- SMB Silver Mario
- SMB Gold Mario
- 30th Anniversary Classic 8-Bit Mario
- 30th Anniversary Modern 8-Bit Mario

Ibuki

Banned
Walked into GameStop right after they opened this morning and was able to grab Ganon, Olimar, and Mario.

Dr. Mario I already imported last week, Bowser Jr. is on the way. Hopefully this amiibo day was easy for everyone else too!

nAxpDsG.jpg

Classic Mario goes up on Amazon NA in less than 10 minutes too, GOOD LUCK!

Got an 8-bit Mario! I'm glad I didn't keep my Amazon.de order after all. Amazon US has been really good with their stock and keeping everything fair for these past few waves. ZSS has been available for what, two hours now? That has to be some kind of record since the craze took off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom